Assault the Mothership 2: Electric Boogaloo![Closed]

Various custom ship tournaments go here, along with old encounters.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

th15
Administrator

Post by th15 »

Whoa, very, very nice!
Sean 'th15' Chan
[img]http://img63.imageshack.us/img63/6344/bfbanner2vy5.gif[/img]
ChaosTheory
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by ChaosTheory »

Dare I ask WHY the Fallen Light Mk6 has Kalinosis' name next to it?
[img]http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn298/ChaosTheory100/Feather_Signature_Ice3.png[/img]
EndlessInfinity
Commander
Commander

Post by EndlessInfinity »

ChaosTheory wrote:Dare I ask WHY the Fallen Light Mk6 has Kalinosis' name next to it?
Ackkkkkk dammit! I knew I was going to do something stupid like that. I'm honestly really sorry, I kept all the screenshots for the ships in alphabetical order, not the order you guys signed up (which is the order on the frontpage), and since I tried to get alpha and beta's names done in one sitting, I must have messed up there.

@everyone: thank you very much :) aside from the silly errors (and the fact that premiere didn't really like maintaining quality on my imported video) I think it turned out pretty good.
[img]http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii140/EndlessInfinity/Endsig.jpg[/img]
BoVinE
Commodore
Commodore

Post by BoVinE »

Ooh, nice video.
My ship looks so nice and innocent next to all the others, can't wait to see its true power.
Normandy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Normandy »

Psshaw, I'll pwnzors you all with my refusal to use deflectors of any sort.
[url=http://www.fallingsandgame.com/][img]http://www.gaussianstudios.co.cc/hosting/fsgbanneram3.png[/img][/url]

tl;dr-ers will be shot on sight.
[size=75][url=http://bsf.wikidot.com/]BSF Wiki[/url]
"I have measured your 'fun', and science has quantitatively rated it a three." ~Lord Tim (Data Realms Fan Forums)[/size]
Jafo
Captain
Captain

Post by Jafo »

Normandy wrote:Psshaw, I'll pwnzors you all with my refusal to use deflectors of any sort.
Everybody - DUCK! Kinetic material is on its way. :D :lol:
Daxx
Captain
Captain

Post by Daxx »

I went back and looked at the old tourney, comparing the videos to the new ships, and am surprised by how much progress has been made in a comparatively short time of competitive shipbuilding and development.
[/post]
EndlessInfinity
Commander
Commander

Post by EndlessInfinity »

Daxx wrote:I went back and looked at the old tourney, comparing the videos to the new ships, and am surprised by how much progress has been made in a comparatively short time of competitive shipbuilding and development.
It's true - I tested alpha against the old mothership, and alpha had their way with it. It would have gone even faster if I had gone with 2500x2500 rather than 5kx5k
[img]http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii140/EndlessInfinity/Endsig.jpg[/img]
Master Chief
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Master Chief »

EndlessInfinity wrote:It's true - I tested alpha against the old mothership, and alpha had their way with it.
Well, looking at the new MS in the video, I have come to the conclusion that this will definitely not be the case when we face off against MS2. It looks bigger than what the test MS was. Hmmph.
[b]GONE UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE[/b]
antisocialmunky
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by antisocialmunky »

It doesn't have that pain in the butt aegis noze cone though.
Don’t worry it has airbags.
Master Chief
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Master Chief »

antisocialmunky wrote:It doesn't have that pain in the butt aegis noze cone though.
Although I do predict a slight over-abundance of flak and PD compared to the test version. Dammit. So much for our pulsar ships Aphelion and Sogeki Hei, if that is the case. I just hope that 'Infinity posts the MS2 up for download soon, so that everyone can just fiddle with it.
Exethalion
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Exethalion »

Master Chief wrote:
antisocialmunky wrote:It doesn't have that pain in the butt aegis noze cone though.
Although I do predict a slight over-abundance of flak and PD compared to the test version. Dammit. So much for our pulsar ships Aphelion and Sogeki Hei, if that is the case. I just hope that 'Infinity posts the MS2 up for download soon, so that everyone can just fiddle with it.
HA! Mostly all beam ships team Delta will rule.
Master Chief
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Master Chief »

Exethalion wrote:HA! Mostly all beam ships team Delta will rule.
No matter how reluctant I am to admit it, I must say that those beamer ships do have a clear-cut advantage over the projectile ships. Which is what I realised after the submission date was past, and now is the recurring strategy that I always use when designing my ships.
Exethalion
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Exethalion »

Master Chief wrote:
Exethalion wrote:HA! Mostly all beam ships team Delta will rule.
No matter how reluctant I am to admit it, I must say that those beamer ships do have a clear-cut advantage over the projectile ships. Which is what I realised after the submission date was past, and now is the recurring strategy that I always use when designing my ships.
We did find the beamer-flanker ships (mine, daxx's, Strideo's and Mr Wizard's) had problems outputting enough firepower. Beamers also have a painful reload time. If they keep attacking shielded sections, we won't last long.
Master Chief
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Master Chief »

Exethalion wrote:We did find the beamer-flanker ships (mine, daxx's, Strideo's and Mr Wizard's) had problems outputting enough firepower. Beamers also have a painful reload time. If they keep attacking shielded sections, we won't last long.
You'll last longer if you start creating pain-in-the-ass mining beam or scatterbeam flankers. Those can really create havoc if armed with a decent amount of flak on them, which simply wipes the close-range projectiles right off the screen without much difficulty. And not to mention the mining beams' "smart" AI which gets them to target non-deflectored sections, and the scatterbeams "I don't give a damn if that's a shielded section" mentality which can do damage to adjacent sections, obviously.

Now that's what I mean by pain in the ass. :P