Assault the Mothership 2: Electric Boogaloo![Closed]

Various custom ship tournaments go here, along with old encounters.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

derekiv
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by derekiv »

The tag= Aghhhhhhh my eyes! Orange and purple doesn't mix!
M123
Captain
Captain

Post by M123 »

Ok. I will redo a better one tomorrow.
EndlessInfinity
Commander
Commander

Post by EndlessInfinity »

Hey, does anyone have a working link to the sample mothership? I just realized I never posted that on the front page... (that and I'm curious to see how it fares against the real thing)
[img]http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii140/EndlessInfinity/Endsig.jpg[/img]
Jafo
Captain
Captain

Post by Jafo »

EndlessInfinity wrote:Hey, does anyone have a working link to the sample mothership? I just realized I never posted that on the front page... (that and I'm curious to see how it fares against the real thing)
Test Motherships as provided by Mr_Wizard (all links obtained from pages within this thread)...

Normal AI - http://www.mediafire.com/?8kxyxt2yyid
Flanking AI - http://www.mediafire.com/?cd2vpmvyrjc
Dieterling - http://www.mediafire.com/?yhzbonum9vq

I don't have a working link to the real Mothership from the first tourney.
Zancloufer
Commander
Commander

Post by Zancloufer »

shp File

This is what I put together. Probably my Official submission unless I see something to improve on.
antisocialmunky
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by antisocialmunky »

I love your ship.
Don’t worry it has airbags.
Jafo
Captain
Captain

Re: Assault the Mothership 2: Electric Boogaloo![Due Mon Mar

Post by Jafo »

EndlessInfinity wrote:edit 12:46 Mar 06 - Battlefield will be 5000x5000. You may order your ships in any formation on your half of the battlefield. I reserve the right to place my mothership where I please on my half in response to your choices.
I would like to suggest a (minimum)500 pixel 'neutral' zone on each half of the battlefield (so 1000 pixel neutral zone in total splitting the centre of the battlefield) - this is so that the ships don't start out already within range of another ship's weapons. Otherwise, whichever ship gets 'initialized' first can get a series of shots off before the opponent ship even gets started.

Purely out of curiosity, are you going to run the battles more than once? Reason - to eliminate that one bad round where everything goes wrong (for one side or the other) which does not represent how 99% of the battles would go given the exact same fleet and starting locations, or is this going to be a one shot battle/you takes yer chances? Doesn't really matter to me, as I said, just curious how you are approaching this.
EndlessInfinity
Commander
Commander

Jafo wrote:
EndlessInfinity wrote:edit 12:46 Mar 06 - Battlefield will be 5000x5000. You may order your ships in any formation on your half of the battlefield. I reserve the right to place my mothership where I please on my half in response to your choices.
I would like to suggest a (minimum)500 pixel 'neutral' zone on each half of the battlefield (so 1000 pixel neutral zone in total splitting the centre of the battlefield) - this is so that the ships don't start out already within range of another ship's weapons. Otherwise, whichever ship gets 'initialized' first can get a series of shots off before the opponent ship even gets started.

Purely out of curiosity, are you going to run the battles more than once? Reason - to eliminate that one bad round where everything goes wrong (for one side or the other) which does not represent how 99% of the battles would go given the exact same fleet and starting locations, or is this going to be a one shot battle/you takes yer chances? Doesn't really matter to me, as I said, just curious how you are approaching this.
sounds fair to me. Not really sure how I'd measure that, but, if all else fails, I'll make sure there's a gap.

I really have no idea how I'm going to do that one - if I have lots of time, I'll try for twice, but at the moment I'll have 10 battles to run if I run team vs team battles. I can skip those and then guarantee I'll run each battle twice, though it's up to you guys.

edit: and thanks for the links, Jafo!
Last edited by EndlessInfinity on Fri Mar 07, 2008 7:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
EndlessInfinity
Commander
Commander

Just a note, please please PLEASE make sure you are using custom armor values. This is something I'm a stickler on, so make sure that's looked after - I will check everyone's ship when it's submitted, so save everyone headaches please. Thanks everyone!

Edit - copied from the updates: Could you please send me a .shp file with your final version? I'm running an old version of BSF (.86) so I doubt I'd be able to open most people's .sb3's. That, and I can post a link to your ship up on the main page.
Jafo
Captain
Captain

Post by Jafo »

EndlessInfinity wrote:Not really sure how I'd measure that, but, if all else fails, I'll make sure there's a gap.
If you are going to set up an encounter file and save it, the file is a text file that can be edited. Just check for X values for ship start position has to be 0-2000, or 3000-5000. Or just wing it and leave a gap so that most weapons can't fire immediately. Whatever is easiest for you to do.

That is how I can test all the ship updates our team puts out. I have a stock header of ship start positions and I just change the ship name in each of those positions. The ship definitions - I just create a temp. encounter which features whatever new version(s) of ships I now have. I copy from the temp. encounter file the bottom section that is the ship definitions, and paste it into the bottom section of the stock header start locations.

This will make more sense if you ever open an encounter file in a text editor.
M123
Captain
Captain

Post by M123 »

HBP Slasher Mk III, exactly the same, except with flanking AI.

-----DOWNLOAD-----

EDIT: Is this userbar better? Image
Daxx
Captain
Captain

Post by Daxx »

[/post]
Exethalion
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Exethalion »

He hasn't posted in the delta thread even.
Master Chief
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Master Chief »

M123 wrote:EDIT: Is this userbar better? Image
Ah. Looks fine to me!

Thanks a lot, M123.
[b]GONE UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE[/b]
Lloyd16
Commander
Commander

Post by Lloyd16 »

subbmitting my entry. The V-class Battleship AM mk 2
http://www.wyrdysm.com/battleshipsforev ... AM_mk2.zip
file has shp, sh3, and notepad file with point layout.