Team-Based Custom Fleet Tournament (Submission Starts TODAY)

Various custom ship tournaments go here, along with old encounters.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Should Dieterling Devices be banned?

Yes. By selecting this option, I acknowledge the fact that I am not using a Device in my design.
39%
No. By selecting this option I either use these on my ship, or think they are fair enough as is.
61%

Total votes: 46

Natch
Captain
Captain

Post by Natch »

Okay, then reverse the system.

I mean, a big honking battleship should have better mounted turrets, right?

And besides, the smaller classes can turn faster anyways.
AWARDS:
[i]Most Innovative Shipmaker[/i]
[i]Shipmaker With Most Utility/Balance[/i]
[i]Most Annoying Member[/i]
DarkenShroud
Commodore
Commodore

Post by DarkenShroud »

Also it will be much more complicated to judge ships, and add up there respective point totals if you allow changes. So if ya do change things to allow arc adjustment, just allow free adjustment upto 135 degrees. But I am again against any change. But at least with my alternative, it will be easier to judge ships, and people won't have to pay to adjust.
If it ain't broke, then don't try to fix it

A renegade is only what he makes of himself - Magius to Huma

You have only yourself to blame for failure
Sponge
Captain
Captain

Post by Sponge »

If anything, I think the small ships could stand a [very] small boost. Right now they have speed and light weapons, but expensive segments, weak armor, and no heavy weapons unless they pay lots of extra points. This would balance it a bit more, I think. However, it would obviously be simpler to leave it as is. I'll leave it up to a vote, though. Right now we have 1 for (unspecified table) and 1 against. I'm neutral, and wouldn't vote even if I had an opinion. I'd love to be able to change my current poll. Hint hint.
antisocialmunky
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by antisocialmunky »

I don't care. I wouldn't pay for increase arc. If you want to buff small ships, you should buff speed and turn by .01.

If anything, I'm with Natch. Flip the chart.
Last edited by antisocialmunky on Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Don’t worry it has airbags.
DarkenShroud
Commodore
Commodore

Post by DarkenShroud »

If anything, I think the small ships could stand a [very] small boost
Small ships already rock almost anything I see out there that isn't a small fast ship.. Antisocial and my test ships prove that, I really don't think vettes need a boost. There far superior to the middle column and battleship column ships for the most part when built correctly. And they only fall to a few types of larger ships, if built well.

Flak, speed, size, make most well built vettes almost untouchable if used correctly. Unless they get into a situation they didn't mean to, which can happen in this type of tourney. Point is vettes are far superior, and giving anything more to them would just make things worse.
Last edited by DarkenShroud on Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

antisocialmunky
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

^-- I wasn't going to bring that up, but from my tests this seems to be true. I'm not a particularly great battleship builder but I wouldn't mind seeing cheaper weapons and slightly more armor(300, to break even with adding new sections) for Battleships. I rather have good Battleships than 'pew pew I can shoot behind me with my slowly rotating turret.'

I also rather have someone that can build good battleships chime in first. Those ships despite being test ships aren't bad. But they are biased toward the fact that DS and I ended up just sticking more speed on our ships to fight each other with the easy to coordinate load outs. I'm more of a cruiser man, myself.
DarkenShroud
Commodore
Commodore

Post by DarkenShroud »

I think everything should stay the same, its pretty balanced (other then cheap flak and such) Any change brought up so far, will just complicate matters, and make judging harder. And make the entire tourney process much slower then it will already be. The only thing I can possibly think of to bring more balance to the tourney, without making matters to hard on Sponge. Is a cap on PD, perhaps a max of 10-12 per ship. That way people are gonna be semi effective no matter what they use, and not be totally stopped by PD. Other then that, the system currently in place is fine. Its easy on Sponge, and its pretty balanced. If ya want to bring more balance, then limit PD to 10 per ship. I think that would go along way to creating a better more action packed battle. And that way you wouldn't have to raise PD costs, keep them cheap, but cap them. Changing weapon arcs with points is horribly hard to judge, and is just asking to much of Sponge. Why not just make the vote for arcs to be allowed to change for free upto 135 degrees, or for no change at all. That way in either case it stays easy on the Sponge.

Jafo
Captain
Captain

Post by Jafo »

I don't have anything to add that hasn't already been said by those above - for those reasons I would vote for no change. I think the balance is more or less already there (and it would make for a much harder job in judging legal ships).
Droid
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Droid »

No change pls.
Do not want to completely rebuild and retest everything.
DarkenShroud
Commodore
Commodore

Post by DarkenShroud »

No change pls.
Do not want to completely rebuild and retest everything.

110 percent agreed, I've already put way to much time towards build ideas and testing as it is lol. I made perhaps 40 or 50 ships just for this event to test against and for my models. Maybe even more who knows lol. Tried almost every viable set up possible, and then some lol x2.

Master Chief
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Master Chief »

No change, default weapon stats, and thus, DEFAULT WEAPON ARCS!
[b]GONE UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE[/b]
Himura.Kenshin
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Himura.Kenshin »

No arc changes.
Warcraft III (U.S. East) -~-~- [( Aequinox / DACI-Equinox / Equinox]4[Lyfe )]
XBox 360 LIVE (Mostly CoD:WaW) -~-~- [( EquinoxXenom )]

[quote="Wyrdysm Games"][i]Stop quoting the line above in your sigs![/i][/quote]
TheBlueEcho
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by TheBlueEcho »

what about arc changes next time around?
DarkenShroud
Commodore
Commodore

Post by DarkenShroud »

Next time around, lets make it arc change upto 135 degrees, with no points spent?

what about arc changes next time around?

antisocialmunky
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

I personally like the challenge of using the standard arcs.