Team-Based Custom Fleet Tournament (Submission Starts TODAY)

Various custom ship tournaments go here, along with old encounters.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Should Dieterling Devices be banned?

Yes. By selecting this option, I acknowledge the fact that I am not using a Device in my design.
39%
No. By selecting this option I either use these on my ship, or think they are fair enough as is.
61%

Total votes: 46

Iron Ham
Commander
Commander

Post by Iron Ham »

Move me to team delta too!

(hey, everyone was doin' it!)
A tout le monde!
a tout mes amis!
je vois aime!
je dois partir!
TheBlueEcho
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by TheBlueEcho »

So its:
Trashman
TBE
Chaos
Iron ham

Team Name: Renegade? (cheesey I know... :P )
Digammas?
Sponge
Captain
Captain

Post by Sponge »

Iron Ham wrote:Move me to team delta too!

Sorry man, it just filled up.

@TheBlueEcho:
Actually, _Ti__ requested Delta, too.
Trashman
TBE
Chaos
_Ti__

ON TEAM NAMES: Sure thing! Just let me know and I'll change 'em up.
Iron Ham
Commander
Commander

Post by Iron Ham »

I'm so ronery, oh so ronery!

EDIT: I knew that. That's why I was gonna change - it was a joke.
Sponge wrote:
Iron Ham wrote:Move me to team delta too!

Sorry man, it just filled up.

@TheBlueEcho:
Actually, _Ti__ requested Delta, too.
Trashman
TBE
Chaos
_Ti__

ON TEAM NAMES: Sure thing! Just let me know and I'll change 'em up.
A tout le monde!
a tout mes amis!
je vois aime!
je dois partir!
ChaosTheory
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by ChaosTheory »

Hmmm, actually, I think I'll wait until SB3 is de-bugged and final. I don't want buggy ships that don't work in the battle. :(

But I have some sweet ideas. Shall we start team discussion threads, or would that ruin the suprise of everyone's ships?

[Edit] Team name - The Carbon Units.
[img]http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn298/ChaosTheory100/Feather_Signature_Ice3.png[/img]
Iron Ham
Commander
Commander

Post by Iron Ham »

Team Carbon Units? Pfft. My team has a better name. We're TEAM BLACKJACK HOOKER! And we have monkey butlers! Only the finest simian domestics for OUR members.
A tout le monde!
a tout mes amis!
je vois aime!
je dois partir!
Sponge
Captain
Captain

Post by Sponge »

ChaosTheory wrote:Hmmm, actually, I think I'll wait until SB3 is de-bugged and final. I don't want buggy ships that don't work in the battle. :(
Are you dropping out?

I personally don't have anything against discussion threads, but some teams may want to keep their plans secret. Then again, I could be dead wrong :P.
ChaosTheory
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by ChaosTheory »

No, not dropping, out, but going to wait until SB3 is final before I make a ship.

Edit: Iron Ham, do get the movie reference?
[img]http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn298/ChaosTheory100/Feather_Signature_Ice3.png[/img]
Admiral Evars
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by Admiral Evars »

I'm in. Beta for me.
In space, no one can hear your spaceship's hull being blown into little, tiny, bits.

(Except you. But then, you're about to be dead.)
Sponge
Captain
Captain

Post by Sponge »

ChaosTheory wrote:No, not dropping, out, but going to wait until SB3 is final before I make a ship.
Gotcha.
Admiral Evars wrote:I'm in. Beta for me.
Done!
goduranus
Captain
Captain

Post by goduranus »

I want in as well.

Could I suggest that we allow any number of ships from a person as long as he comes under the 200 point limit? or even better, allow 800 points per team that they spend as they want, but put a 200 ~point per ship limit so we don't end up with a single 800 point benemoth.
Admiral Evars
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by Admiral Evars »

Ship Entry: Necropolis Class Heavy Missile Destroyer

The Necropolis, or "City of Death", is one of the largest vessels not given the designation of "Battleship", though it has approximately 80% of a "standard" battleship's mass. This is due to its unique role; the Necropolis is not a fleet combatant but has rather a more sinister, political station.

To put bluntly, when the Terran Empire's ambassadors tell the Empire's neighbors to give in the the Empire's demands "or else", the Necropolis is the "else" part of the package. Packing scores of missiles, a lone Necro can easily swat aside the pitiful 'fleets' of cobbled together trans-atmospheric fighters that comprise most of the Empire's neighbors' 'navies'. Then, those same vast missile holds can quickly and accurately reduce that planet to political, economic, industrial, and military rubble in a way a dozen battleships would be hard pressed to match.

Just to make the it even more humiliating, the Necro is equipped with a powerful combination of deflectors, impeders, and defense lasers, making attack by anything less than a state-of-the-art warship futile; it has a powerful effect on the tin pot military forces of these systems, knowing that nothing they do makes a difference.

Still, the Necro has some serious weaknesses in any real fleet combat scenario, not the least of which is it's lumbering speed. In addition, it possess no real penetrating weaponry, meaning it is very weak to well protected foes. Empire commanders nonetheless like to have at least one Necro in its their fleets, to use it's vast missile arsenal to blow away light units. and probe the enemy's defenses.
In space, no one can hear your spaceship's hull being blown into little, tiny, bits.

DarkenShroud
Commodore
Commodore

Post by DarkenShroud »

I'd like to enter as well, any team will be fine. I really like the idea BTW, I'll get to making a ship.
If it ain't broke, then don't try to fix it

A renegade is only what he makes of himself - Magius to Huma

You have only yourself to blame for failure
Admiral Evars
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by Admiral Evars »

NOTE: No download until I see others do the same. I don't want to be 'engineered around' while I sit in the dark. Also, the Necro is not final - I still need to playtest it against some real opposition, preferable from the same class. Any takers?

Sponge
Captain
Captain

Post by Sponge »

@goduranus:
Signed you up for Beta. I'm not sure I want to take the multiple-ship route with this Tournament. I suppose we could, if it were the popular vote, but unless significant interest is shown, I think I'll keep this one simple.

@DarkenShroud:
You'll be the last one in Beta. Thanks for the compliment!

@Admiral Evars:
Done already? Speedy! Feel free to PM me a download whenever you think it's ready. Keep in mind, though, that point values are all subject to change at this point, and so you may be in for a bit of a redesign.

Anyways.. Only 4 more slots to fill!
Last edited by Sponge on Fri Jan 25, 2008 9:40 am, edited 1 time in total.