Team-Based Custom Fleet Tournament (Submission Starts TODAY)

Various custom ship tournaments go here, along with old encounters.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Should Dieterling Devices be banned?

Yes. By selecting this option, I acknowledge the fact that I am not using a Device in my design.
39%
No. By selecting this option I either use these on my ship, or think they are fair enough as is.
61%

Total votes: 46

DarkenShroud
Commodore
Commodore

Post by DarkenShroud »

Last edited by DarkenShroud on Sat Feb 09, 2008 7:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
If it ain't broke, then don't try to fix it

A renegade is only what he makes of himself - Magius to Huma

You have only yourself to blame for failure
Natch
Captain
Captain

Post by Natch »

DarkenShroud, You'll Shoot Your Eye Out didn't upload.

No apostrophes are allowed in the file name.
AWARDS:
[i]Most Innovative Shipmaker[/i]
[i]Shipmaker With Most Utility/Balance[/i]
[i]Most Annoying Member[/i]
Jafo
Captain
Captain

Post by Jafo »

Natch wrote:DarkenShroud, You'll Shoot Your Eye Out didn't upload.
It's there, just use this instead
http://www.wyrdysm.com/battleshipsforev ... ye_Out.shp
ChaosTheory
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by ChaosTheory »

I don't know what my teamates would say, but I definitely think antisocialmunky has won the place on out team. 2 of his ship beat 6 of Kalanosis' ships. Congrats, antisocial.

Also, his ships beat a large number of DS's tests.

. . . And it is reall funny to watch the Spam E-Mail vs. Buckler . . . giant blobs of red goo being chucked willy-nilly and then suddenly dissappearing once they come within flak range. :lol:

antisocial, if you want to revise your ships anymore and send them off the TM and TBE for their commentary, that'd be great.
[img]http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn298/ChaosTheory100/Feather_Signature_Ice3.png[/img]
TrashMan
Commodore
Commodore

Post by TrashMan »

To think that all this time I designed ships with different rules in mind.
I should have read them more carefully.

:roll:

It's time to start from scratch...with far less restrictions :twisted:
[img]http://www.wizards.com/magic/images/whatcolor_iswhite.jpg[/img][url=http://www.wizards.com/magic/playmagic/whatcolorareyou.asp][b]Take the Magic: The Gathering 'What Color Are You?' Quiz.[/b][/url]

[url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/battleshipsforever/shipdatabase/uploads/VANavy.rar]VA FLEET[/url]
CmdPrompt
Commander
Commander

Post by CmdPrompt »

Sponge: how far apart will you be setting the fleets?

In doing testing, there seems to be an issue with lancets: if you start the ships close enough, the initial volley of lancets will take out about a ships worth of weapons because the other ships don't have a chance to move. If they're far apart, the ships will have a chance to actually engage each other, which is, in my opinion, more fair.
Zooming out to the farthest zoom and setting at opposite corners seems to work well.
antisocialmunky
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by antisocialmunky »

ChaosTheory wrote:I don't know what my teamates would say, but I definitely think antisocialmunky has won the place on out team. 2 of his ship beat 6 of Kalanosis' ships. Congrats, antisocial.

Also, his ships beat a large number of DS's tests.

. . . And it is reall funny to watch the Spam E-Mail vs. Buckler . . . giant blobs of red goo being chucked willy-nilly and then suddenly dissappearing once they come within flak range. :lol:

antisocial, if you want to revise your ships anymore and send them off the TM and TBE for their commentary, that'd be great.
Thank you, I'm honored. Which ship was it? Was it one of the old ones or new ones?

Is there any way you can PM some of your more recent ships and some ships for me to practice against such as Kalanosis' ships? Or just some ships for inspiration. Also, what are your thought on my *ahem* evil counter measures?

I'll PM TM and BTE my new ships for review in a little bit. I updated BSF and the old ones don't load right(though I've recreated the chassis and everything for the good ones).

@ Trashman, I took alot of inspiration from your fleet. I look forward to your new machinations.

@ Cmd, I too am curious how far apart you'll set the fleets. My ships will have radically different sucess rates depending on the initial position of the fleets.
Last edited by antisocialmunky on Sat Feb 09, 2008 1:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Don’t worry it has airbags.
Natch
Captain
Captain

Post by Natch »

Also, could you remember to turn Fleet AI on?
AWARDS:
[i]Most Innovative Shipmaker[/i]
[i]Shipmaker With Most Utility/Balance[/i]
[i]Most Annoying Member[/i]
DarkenShroud
Commodore
Commodore

Post by DarkenShroud »

Zooming out to the farthest zoom and setting at opposite corners seems to work well.

Thats how I have asked him to run the tourney battles, and I'm pretty sure how he planned on doing it anyways. But leaving alittle space behind each fleet, so there not stuck in a corner from the get go. And making sure to not have the ships spawned so close next to each other as well.

antisocialmunky
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

I got bored and made a test ship:

http://www.wyrdysm.com/battleshipsforev ... livery.sb3

Have fun. :lol:

Behold the LOLBBQPWN. Made in 5 minutes with only about 190ish points too. :twisted:

Of course my ships are immune, are your's?
Himura.Kenshin
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Himura.Kenshin »

BBQWTFFAIL

Your Tachyon Repeaters are backwards.
Warcraft III (U.S. East) -~-~- [( Aequinox / DACI-Equinox / Equinox]4[Lyfe )]
XBox 360 LIVE (Mostly CoD:WaW) -~-~- [( EquinoxXenom )]

[quote="Wyrdysm Games"][i]Stop quoting the line above in your sigs![/i][/quote]
DarkenShroud
Commodore
Commodore

Post by DarkenShroud »

Your Tachyon Repeaters are backwards.

Actually there meant to be that way, its part of the design theroy. Not to bad for a Tac rusher, nice work. But anything with decent firepower, and or speed seem to be able to take these types of ships down. And a few other strategies, but still not bad for a tac rusher. Looks like a cross between Chaos's ships and mine.

http://www.wyrdysm.com/battleshipsforev ... gy_Ray.shp
(Not made to beat anything but a Tac Rusher and a few other model rusher types. Also could do the samething with many differnt layouts. Was made to show a weakness in Tac rushers, besides a well built hull)
Refuses to sign for the special delivery

antisocialmunky
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

LOL, what? Is that ship just made to run away from mine? It doesn't even try to attack anything. If you want to start this, it is started! YOU ARE GETTING THAT PACKAGE.

Sends it overnight instead.

http://www.wyrdysm.com/battleshipsforev ... rnight.sb3

It actually works against other ships too. :D

(NOTE: I posted this before seeing your edit. Still if you're up for a test ship fight, I'm game. I need some good ships to test against and I'm sure it won't hurt anyone else)
Last edited by antisocialmunky on Sun Feb 10, 2008 2:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
DarkenShroud
Commodore
Commodore

Post by DarkenShroud »

Made to run away from yours, and kill it at the sametime. Could use differnt set ups to kill it quicker. I'll try this one out, thanks for the motivation.
LOL, what? Is that ship just made to run away from mine?

antisocialmunky
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

NP, always like a good challenge at a game I'm good at. If anyone else wants to take up my challenge and toss in some test ships too, that'd be great!