3rd Custom Ships Fleet Tournament Voting Thread [Updated]

Various custom ship tournaments go here, along with old encounters.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

CmdPrompt
Commander
Commander

Post by CmdPrompt »

You could easily get completely ridiculous HP values with battleships, while frigates remained somewhere between glass and paper.

This remedies that.
Himura.Kenshin
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Himura.Kenshin »

UGH. I was not complaining about the battleship-frigate relationship. I was saying that all ships should get 10 or so free movement points so that 20 point ships have a fighting chance against 100 point ships (well, on a 5-1 basis). If you think about it this way: for a 100 point ship, you may only need to spend 25 points to get some basic maneuverability. You cannot get even half that maneuverability on lower point ships without them being totally useless offensively/defensively.
Warcraft III (U.S. East) -~-~- [( Aequinox / DACI-Equinox / Equinox]4[Lyfe )]
XBox 360 LIVE (Mostly CoD:WaW) -~-~- [( EquinoxXenom )]

[quote="Wyrdysm Games"][i]Stop quoting the line above in your sigs![/i][/quote]
CmdPrompt
Commander
Commander

Post by CmdPrompt »

I'm aware of what you suggested.
Instead of repeating what you said before would you mind talking about these current rules?

I'm not giving 10 free movement points to every ship. It doesn't need to be done. If you're making 20 point ships the ship itself is obviously not designed to engage ships directly, and thus making the 5 20 point ship vs. 1 100 point ship is irrelevant.
Himura.Kenshin
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Himura.Kenshin »

But if you look back, my thoughts were never specifically addressed. A miscommunication, nothing more.
CmdPrompt wrote:

Code: Select all

Your ship starts off with these stats
Base Stats-|--Battleship---|----Cruiser----|----Frigate----|
Core HP    |----- 500 -----|----- 400 -----|----- 300 -----| (Appears as Base HP)
Section HP |----- 200 -----|----- 175 -----|----- 150 -----| (Set every section to this HP)
Max Speed  |------ 0 ------|----- 0.15 ----|----- 0.40 ----|
Accelerate |------ 0 ------|----- 0.02 ----|----- 0.05 ----|
Turning    |------ 0 ------|------ 0 ------|----- 0.20 ----|

For every point you spend, add this much to those stats
Add Stats--|--Battleship---|----Cruiser----|----Frigate----|
Core HP Add|----- 50 ------|----- 40 ------|----- 30 ------|
Sec. HP Add|----- 150 -----|----- 125 -----|----- 100 -----| (On one section, not all of them)
Max Speed  |----- 0.10 ----|----- 0.15 ----|----- 0.20 ----|
Accelerate |----- 0.01 ----|----- 0.02 ----|----- 0.05 ----|
Turning    |----- 0.08 ----|----- 0.14 ----|----- 0.20 ----|
I'm thinking this.
I likey =D
Warcraft III (U.S. East) -~-~- [( Aequinox / DACI-Equinox / Equinox]4[Lyfe )]
XBox 360 LIVE (Mostly CoD:WaW) -~-~- [( EquinoxXenom )]

[quote="Wyrdysm Games"][i]Stop quoting the line above in your sigs![/i][/quote]
TrashMan
Commodore
Commodore

Post by TrashMan »

He's right..20 point ships make no sense whatsoever.

Maybe increase the total point count to 400, as some people like smaller ships in bigger numbers..
[img]http://www.wizards.com/magic/images/whatcolor_iswhite.jpg[/img][url=http://www.wizards.com/magic/playmagic/whatcolorareyou.asp][b]Take the Magic: The Gathering 'What Color Are You?' Quiz.[/b][/url]

[url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/battleshipsforever/shipdatabase/uploads/VANavy.rar]VA FLEET[/url]
Xerxes-17
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by Xerxes-17 »

I'd prefer it that we would stick to the rules that were in effect around page 7.
[img]http://www.wizards.com/magic/images/whatcolor_isblue.jpg[/img]
DarkenShroud
Commodore
Commodore

Post by DarkenShroud »

Just limit the points to each section you can spend, 3 points spent max per section should surfice. That way hp doesn't get absurdly high. 3 increases to a single sections hp boost max, that way battleships are limited to something within reason. And frigates do not become battleships. Plus that will cut down on the cheesey folk who insist on putting 4 or more points to there frontal section's hp. 950 hp is acceptable (3 points spent) anything higher is unbalanced and unreasonable. Also that way you can keep the current point spread in effect, I do like it the way it stands all around. But do think a cap should be put on how many points you can spend on one sections hp.
If it ain't broke, then don't try to fix it

A renegade is only what he makes of himself - Magius to Huma

You have only yourself to blame for failure
DarkenShroud
Commodore
Commodore

Post by DarkenShroud »

I don't think any free stats should be given after thinkin it over, but I still must petition for there to be a cap on how many points one can spend on a single sections hp. I don't think lowering the stats per point will really help. But a cap most certainly will. 3 points spent on each section's hp max.....! Because even if ya lower how many hp one can get per point, that still leaves open the possibility of people spending like 10 points on there front sections hp. So if ya lower it its not gonna help. But if ya cap it, then again it most certainly will. Example......- lower the hp per section for battleships to say 150 per point spent. People will just spend 10 points on there front section to make it what 1700 hp OMG thats unbalanced. But keep to the same point system and limit people to 3 points spent on each sections hp, and they can't get any higher then 950 hp, which is within reason and balanced upon testing. Lowering the hp per point spent will not help, please cap though cuz it will. Yes I know I'm repeating myself.

Mr_Wizard
Commander
Commander

Post by Mr_Wizard »

Having Tested the new added speed and manueverability, I think these rules are the best they can be in the 100 point ships. Can we get a posting of the entire ruleset again, including all changes? (the last time they were posted was page 4)

Also:Lords of Light (LOL) Fleet Not my designs, it was created by a friend on my machine after he saw the Chemosh. :D He isnt going to participate, and these ships aren't very powerful, he just thought they would be good for a laugh. :D

EDIT:
I am getting this error when i try to use Cmdprompts database catalogue uploader:

Code: Select all

Warning: include(./points/) [function.include]: failed to open stream: Success in /home/muujes3/public_html/bsf/uploader/item.php on line 15

Warning: include(./points/) [function.include]: failed to open stream: Success in /home/muujes3/public_html/bsf/uploader/item.php on line 15

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening './points/' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/muujes3/public_html/bsf/uploader/item.php on line 15
by 
Submitted: 

Download

Ship Stats

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/muujes3/public_html/bsf/uploader/item.php on line 61

Item Value 
Number of Sections:  

Speed:  
Accel:  
Turning: 
Did I enter it incorrectly?
[img]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c317/Mr_Arch_Wizard/transpdiscovery.gif[/img]
DarkenShroud
Commodore
Commodore

Post by DarkenShroud »

after he saw the Chemosh
Yeah that ship isn't bad, I can make it better though. I was just messing around when I made that, playing with Mega Tac's

antisocialmunky
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by antisocialmunky »

Are there any deadlines to this fleet tourney or are you guys still planning?

Also is the lancet rule per fleet or per ship. If its per ship... well then ^_^.

EDIT: Which fleet do you guys think is better? I decided it would be nice to release some of my ships for this early for everyone who wants to test their prelim fleets.

Team Orbital
http://files.filefront.com/Team+Orbitzi ... einfo.html

Or Fleet Meme?
http://files.filefront.com/Fleet+Memezi ... einfo.html

Despite being new at this, I think you guys might want to revise the Mega Tach points since its very easy to zoom in and spam them for a win as my Team Orbital(if legal as I have calculated).

Chemosh wasn't imbalanced because it was made for one on one but this being a fleet tournement, things are different. Multiple ships tac spamming at a group of ships, especially a ton of slow ships like TM's Harbringer of Doom(for example, not directed at TM, his ship was just the one that first came to mind) that can cluster up in a ball, is fairly hard to counter except by speed.
Don’t worry it has airbags.
antisocialmunky
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by antisocialmunky »

^-- Bump for above cheesy mega-tac proposal. Sorry, didn't want to double post but I didn't realize that edits don't bump posts.

Also, GO GIANTS!!! :D
Don’t worry it has airbags.
Mr_Wizard
Commander
Commander

Post by Mr_Wizard »

I don't have much trouble with the mega tachs. They are slow and (relatively) short ranged. If you don't score the kill with your first volley, you generally don't have a chance with your second, so long as there is at least one good sniper ship on the other team. They eventually get worn down.

When you load up with tachs, you're essentially gambling that your first attack will kill the target, because it it doesn't, its a loooong time before you can start shooting again, and thats enough time for lancets or rail guns to do their dirty work. Besides, most everybody who participated in AtM has designed to survive against tachrape before, and know a few tricks. Its only really a threat to slow, plodding opponents that can get caught in the trap.

I could see it getting bumped to 10 points, but I don't think it will matter too much either way.
[img]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c317/Mr_Arch_Wizard/transpdiscovery.gif[/img]
CmdPrompt
Commander
Commander

Post by CmdPrompt »

To answer the question that was asked awhile ago on whether this was going on or whatever.

First, I was kinda hoping for more feedback on the rules I posted. I'm not sure to move on with the latest or go back to an older version.
Second, I'm extremely busy right now with school and don't have time to run this. We can either put something like a 3-4 week deadline on it or have someone else run it.