3rd Custom Ships Fleet Tournament Voting Thread [Updated]

Various custom ship tournaments go here, along with old encounters.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Mr_Wizard
Commander
Commander

Post by Mr_Wizard »

The added manueverability and slight increases in toughness for the Frigate and Cruiser is great. I think the only thing left to consider seriously is a cap on the number of times a section's HP can be buffed, a "fleet cap" of certain modules,and to a lesser degree the pricing of the tach repeater.

For HP buff cap, I say 4 times for the battleship, 5 for the cruiser and frigate. Thats 1000 for a battleship,800 for a cruiser, and 650 for a frigate. It sounds pretty fair if you're really dead set on buffing it that high.

As for the "fleet cap" on modules like the lancet and nano, I have a proposal, but because my fleet is already set up like this, it might sound like I am trying to bias it toward my fleet, but consider before dismissing! I propose that instead of limiting the nano to say "1 per fleet" how about instead we make it class based, like "1 per ship class" So if you want a 3 nano fleet, you need to build a Frigate, a cruiser, and a battleship. It would encourage more variety in ship designs, while making the other ship classes more desirable.I think it would work well for the lancet too (2 per ship class).

The Tach isnt all that devastating, however with the AI as it is, it could use a small bump in pricing. Or maybe limit it to a "per ship" basis like the lancet, since it is another good weapon sniping er... weapon. 3 per ship? 4? 5? Dunno. :lol:

Also a 4 week deadline is good, that gives us more time to get more players and perfect our designs.
[img]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c317/Mr_Arch_Wizard/transpdiscovery.gif[/img]
CmdPrompt
Commander
Commander

Post by CmdPrompt »

Yeah, after seeing HP caps used in the team tourny I like them.

I don't agree with the 1 per ship class thing though, as it seems an artificial way of getting people to use different classes.
I'd rather have people use whatever class they want without worrying about losing opportunities because of it.

Again, if others are fine with a really long deadline its fine, but I can't run it in the short term.
antisocialmunky
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by antisocialmunky »

I agree for the HP thing but I agree with CmdPrompt on the fleet limitations. 1 per class is really gamy but I do agree that you might want to limit lancet beams somehow due to their not tripping deflectors. Nanomatrices aren't too bad and the 1 per ship is probably good enough.

For the Tac, I was thinking about a 4 point increase after the second Mega Tach. The main problem is that since everyone can submit a fleet of 3-6 ships, taking weapons fire from multiple directions is a real problem, especially something as overwhelming as the Mega Tac.
Don’t worry it has airbags.
DarkenShroud
Commodore
Commodore

Post by DarkenShroud »

Yeah I will have to agree, I made a test mega tac fleet for this tourney. It has 5 ships loaded with mega tacs, they flank the enemy on both sides and BOOM. Even fast ships can't escape once that happens. I would say raise Mega Tac's up two more points each Cmd Prompt or whoever will run this tourney in the future.
If it ain't broke, then don't try to fix it

A renegade is only what he makes of himself - Magius to Huma

You have only yourself to blame for failure