Orion Industries - Campaign

Various custom ship tournaments go here, along with old encounters.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

XxKiraYamatoxX
Captain
Captain

Orion Industries - Campaign

Post by XxKiraYamatoxX »

I finally decided to make a campaign involving Orion Industries and the Cybrons (Faction of the Thanatos). Well, here's the first mission. Feedback's very much appreciated.

Mission 1 - Assault

http://www.wyrdysm.com/battleshipsforev ... ssault.zip

Prologue:
Hammerhead 1 Captain: This sucks.
Hammerhead 2 Captain: I agree. We've never received reports that those Realdo ships are gonna move, why ask us to patrol?
Hammerhead 1 Captain: Just go with the flow, I guess. Who knows, they might-
Aegis Commander: Cut the chit-chat, boys and stay alert. INSDA wouldn't send us out here if they weren't expecting something.
All Hammerhead Captains: Yes, sir!
Aegis Radar Operator: Multiple contacts, warping in at 12 o'clock! They're Realdos, sir!
Aegis Commander: What the hell!? Engage! Don't let a single one of them get to Earth or the Moon! Deploy the Aegis system!

*Wave 1 begins*

Wave 2 Dialogue:

Aegis Commander: Everyone okay?
Hammerhead 1 Captain : Fine and dandy, but my comm officer just wet his pants.
Hammerhead 2 Captain: Ugh, that sucked.
Aegis Radar Operator: More contacts, Fahrenheit classes!
Aegis Commander: Another wave? Get ready, boys!

*Wave 2 begins*

Wave 3 Dialogue:

Aegis Comm Officer: INSDA Command's sending us some reinforcements, sir!
Aegis Commander: Good! How's everyone?"
Hammerhead 2 Captain: Not okay. One of those Fahrenheits managed to set one of my chainguns on fire!
Hammerhead 1 Captain: Same here, but I got 2 on fire. Those reinforcements better be good.
Aegis Comm Officer: We got more contacts! Predators!

*Cybrons ships jump in, wave 3 starts*
*Reinforcements arrive*

Interceptor Booster pilot: Yo, 6th Interceptor Division, reporting for duty.
Aegis Captain: At least we can flank those damn Predators now.

Wave 4 Dialogue:

Aegis Comm Officer: More Predators incoming!
Aegis Commander: Damn it, those guys are relentless...... Any more reinforcements?
Aegis Comm Officer: Affirmative, Command's diverted two new ships here, they should be arriving soon.
Hammerhead 1 Captain: What new ships? I just lost my hammer!

Note: Hammer refers to the 'head' of the Dark Orion Hammerheads.

Hammerhead 2 Captain: My poor hammy......

Note: At least 1 Hammerhead should've gotten blown up by now. It's his, but don't worry, the ship launched the escape pods before the engines blew.

Aegis Commander: Someone recover him. Fast.

*Wave 4 appears*
*Reinforcements arrive*

Aegis Commander: Holy crap, I thought those Deuterion models were only prototypes!
Deuterion 1 Captain: Howdy. Need some help?
Hammerhead 1 Captain: You bet we do!

Wave 5 Dialogue:

Aegis Commander: Oh. My. God.
Hammerhead 1 Captain: That's my line. *Peeing sound*
Aegis Comm Officer: We've...... got a.......
Aegis Helmsman: You don't have to announce it. We got the Daemon here.
Deuterion 2 Captain: More reinforcements should be arriving any moment though. Command was talking about deploying our secret weapon.
Aegis Commander: What secret weapon!? We're about to get annihilated!
Deuterion 1 Captain: At least you have your Aegis system. We don't.
Aegis Commander: Almost forgot. Charge up the Aegis Cannon, and make it quick.

*Wave 5 starts, plus Daemon*
*Reinforcements arrive*

Aegis 1 Commander: Now THATS some real firepower!
Cerberus General: You might wanna get out of the way. This baby packs a heck of a punch.
Hammerhead 1 Captain: Eeep.
Cerberus Weps Officer: Ion Cannon, charge rate 100%. All set, sir.
Cerberus General: Okay, let's blow that sucker Daemon to pieces.
Cerberus Radar Operator: Another Daemon incoming!
Aegis 2&3 Commanders: We'll cover you, just go take that thing apart!

Available Ships:

-Dark Orion Hammerhead - Assault Corvette
-Dark Orion Aegis - Battleship, Aegis Defense System
-Dark Orion Interceptor/Booster - High-Speed Interceptor
-Dark Orion Deuterion - Battleship, Deuterion System
-Dark Orion Cerberus - WMD, Cerberus Ion Cannon
[url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1804]Orion Industries Shipyard[/url]
[url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2155]Wyrmtech Industries Shipyard[/url]
XxKiraYamatoxX
Captain
Captain

Post by XxKiraYamatoxX »

Hello? No one's commenting. =X
[url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1804]Orion Industries Shipyard[/url]
[url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2155]Wyrmtech Industries Shipyard[/url]
elecboy
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by elecboy »

Its a bit of a lag fest maybe if you took some things down a notch like less ships. Large ship numbers are not good if they are that big.
Defiance is key. WTF? What The Fish?
Temujin
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Temujin »

Download or Download not, there is no Comment.
[i]In difficult ground, press on.
In encircled ground, devise strategems.
In desperate ground, fight.[/i]
Impeached
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Impeached »

I usually run BF fine, but I was at about 5-10 FPS while fighting in this. Those Hammerheads have WAY too many lasers, it's like hell sitting through that frame rate.

Also, it seemed kind of uncreative. Kill the enemy bad guys with big ships. How about something creative for a first mission? At least have enemies warp from multiple spots.

Though I do have to say this: Ships look great. Way too many laggy weapons, but look good.
XxKiraYamatoxX
Captain
Captain

Post by XxKiraYamatoxX »

I don't remember arming the Hammerheads with lasers. You probably mean the Cybrons.
Impeached
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Impeached »

The smaller guys in mission 1, aren't they called Hammerheads?
XxKiraYamatoxX
Captain
Captain

Post by XxKiraYamatoxX »

The enemies or the controllable ones?
Impeached
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Impeached »

Controllable of course.
ArcaneDude
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by ArcaneDude »

I played the first mission, and I've got to say those ships are WAY too fast for their size. They were shooting across my screen even at 9 FPS.
Check out The Star Wreck project!
Check out the Epic Music Library
And in this Alliance we bestow our hope and will, that the Dogs of War may never harass the people of our homes again, and that it will bring peace, equality and liberty for all in need and despair. One Universe, One Goal. By the Manifest we command this.~ Saren Vil Ush
Bad Boy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Bad Boy »

Warning, wall of text directly ahead

Kira, great ships and the encounter is somewhat fun (it'll be better when th15 allows you to put in text, etc.) but I have several complaints, some with the encounter, some with the ships. First I'll talk about the encounter. Wave 1: Great, fun, not too difficult, stuff dies quickly, generally a great start and I look forward to the next wave. Wave 2: Also, good, not difficult, quite quick, no framerate drop from first wave except when all the enemies are firing beams at once. Keep the waves about this strength, or not too much higher with this amount of ships. Wave 3: This is where things go wrong. You get a few reinforcements but they're not very good.also, the game is starting to lag because of the amount of ships and megabeams. The ships are all tough, especially the one with the deflectors. Everything takes really long to kill, even with the aegis cannon. Wave 4: Now things go from bad to worse. The amount of large enemy ships with deflectors and beams and even larger allied ships with even more deflectors and super nanomatrixes makes the framerate go to 1fps or lower and the general combat move slowly because everything's almost invincible. I stopped here because I had stuff that needed to be done right away and I hope wave 5 is better then waves 3 and 4 if only because you get an ion cannon (I'll edit this post to count in wave five once I play it). All in all, the encounter starts off as great fun but then ends up slow as hell. I have several suggestions that will, hopefully, fix it.
1] Turn on AI controller (I know this won't help but it was really annoying seeing ships sit right in front of an enemy and do nothing).
2] Lower the size of the waves. Don't put so many ships in a wave, just make more waves with half the ships (note that this only applies from wave 3 onwards because waves 1 and 2 are great).
3] Lower the health of all of the ships by a few hundred for the big ones and less for the small ones. They are way too tank because of the ablative armor created by the highlighting.
4] This one's important, remove some of the deflectors from the ships that have them. They make the fights slower because the fronts of the ships with them are invincible.
5] Make the aegis cannon better. It does good damage but it lasts for a very small amount of time and has a high reload (especially when the framerate is at one). To make it so it's not too op, just lower the fire arc to 5 or 10 or something around that, depending on how much you want it to turn.
6] The ships move and turn WAY to fast. It means you can get around the battlefield in a second or two which sort of eliminates the point of the supersonic fighter.
7] Fix the ai's. The enemy ones are fine but the hammerheads are crazy. Correct me if I'm wrong but you gave them a negative ai range and flanking ai. Just use flanking ai for them. Also, the fighters (especially the supersonic one) should work fine with flanking ai because they'll attack then overshoot then turn around and repeat. The capital ships ai seems fine except that it is bad at turning to face for some reason.
8] UP THE DAMAGE! Sorry for the caps but please up the damage, especially for the hammerheads. I had 11 of them behind a Fahrenheit trying to chew through it forever. The guns aren't too accurate so they do their damage over a large area, especially with the enemies moving around superfast. Because of this, they are terrible at actually breaking through enemy armour. The fighters are almost useless except for tanking (lol that shows that the damage is too low) and distracting a single ship. The reason for this is because they do next to no damage.
9] Lower the repair rate or the energy regen on the Deuterion models. They make a fighter able to tank beams from almost all of the Predators in wave 4.
10] Fix the alien weapons. Change the colour of their beams like you did for your other ships. The lack of colour changes looks bad when compared to the Orion Industries ships.

Sorry for that wall of text but there were some glaring issues with your ships and encounter. I can't think of any other problems with the encounter or the ships but if I do, I'll post them.
Thank you for your time.

EDIT: Sorry about the smiley (it's fixed now) I forgot that the no. eight) makes a "cool" face.
Last edited by Bad Boy on Wed Apr 09, 2008 9:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
elecboy
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by elecboy »

I tried the encounter again...4fps on this computer...ow.... :shock:
is it just me or does the cannon move VERY SLOWWLYYY
Defiance is key. WTF? What The Fish?
XxKiraYamatoxX
Captain
Captain

Post by XxKiraYamatoxX »

First encounter. =X

I'll try to fix it up a little.
Bad Boy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Bad Boy »

It's better then my first encounter (which was unbeatable and thus not uploaded) so well done there. Anyway, try to do what I said and it should turn out well.