Fireborn's 2nd Tournament: Resolved at Last

Various custom ship tournaments go here, along with old encounters.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

I designed my ships to not look and be a tournament min/maxed piece of junk, actually. I'm glad changes to the tournament rules have been made, actually, because it stops the min/max bullshit from ruling and spoiling the fun for everyone else.

Also, don't put words in my mouth. I enjoy playing BSF and creating ships, but I do not love it.

I do not particular enjoy making rules-exploiting bullshit or ships that have all their modules stacked onto the core which is hidden behind five bajillion armoured plates with 5000 HP each.

In other words; I try to make my tournament ships at least somewhat believable - even if they're not matched to other ships in the tournament - because since when did ships work like that?

Also; Trek - you definitely did something wrong. 43+73 = 116, not 117!
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
Master Chief
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Master Chief »

My God, not Flame War 3!

Arcalane, fine, you can submit whatever you want! Just DON'T LOCK this thread!
[b]GONE UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE[/b]
TheBlueEcho
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by TheBlueEcho »

Master Chief wrote:My God, not Flame War 3!Arcalane, fine, you can submit whatever you want! Just DON'T LOCK this thread!
...what makes you think he's gonna lock it? Just because you said something dumb doesn't mean hes gonna lock the whole thread because of your silliness.
Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

I believe he is overreacting, because he fears the power I wield. :roll:

Honestly, calm down man. To quote someone's signature on another forum; "You're used to flame wars with flames... this is more like EZ-Bake Oven wars."

Just shut your yap before it gets you in more trouble than it already has.
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
Captain Trek
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Captain Trek »

Also; Trek - you definitely did something wrong. 43+73 = 116, not 117!
Ah... well, my original calculations had only counted the O.T.T.T.'s Dieterling device as counting as one point (which gave me 43+73=116), whereas correctly counting the Dieterling device as two points gave me 43+74=117... I guess I forgot to change the total cost for weapons and modules from 73 to 74 when I pasted those stats in... *shurg*

EDIT: BTW, Fireborn seems to have gone AWOL again, so I suppose I'll run the Uranium vs Chernobog, Stalker and Tarantula fights sometime today (and update the Battleship gallery once Arcalane's overpriced Tarantula is dealt with)...

So, Arcalane, what exactly are you going to do about your overpriced Tarantula battleship, anyway? Are you going to drop out of the tournament like Anarki did, or are you gonna fix it?

Also, to Himura.Kenshin, if you're reading this, it might be a good idea to use up your 10 free points on your Amythest Longbow before I am able to run the fights featuring battleships with Dieterling devices... As it is, the Longbow isn't technically illegal, so when TH fixes the bug, I will be running fights with it... so you might want to fix it (if you want to, of course) before then...
[img]http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb6/CaptainTrek/Federationsignature.jpg[/img]
Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

The Tarantula is overpriced? I don't remember messing anything up on it. :?

What's the problems with it?
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
Captain Trek
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Captain Trek »

Well, err, this is what I got...

Tarantula:

Sections and engines:

0.75 speed: 15 points

0.05 accel: 10 points

turn 0.50: 20 points

9 points spent on section HP increases

8 sections: 4 points

10 points spent on core HP increases

72 points on sections and engines

Weapons and modules:

8 flak guns: 8 points

1 nano matrix: 10 points

4 beamers: 12 points

2 gatling blasters: 6 points

2 railguns: 6 points

42 points on weapons and modules

Total: 114 points
[img]http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb6/CaptainTrek/Federationsignature.jpg[/img]
Master Chief
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Master Chief »

Arcalane wrote:I believe he is overreacting, because he fears the power I wield. :roll:

Honestly, calm down man. To quote someone's signature on another forum; "You're used to flame wars with flames... this is more like EZ-Bake Oven wars."

Just shut your yap before it gets you in more trouble than it already has.
Yes, sir, you wield power. Lots of it. Enough to ban everyone on these forums, as I understand.

Fine, I'll shut my yap and let Trek continue with his fights. And please, Arcalane, fix the Tarantula. :x
[b]GONE UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE[/b]
DarkenShroud
Commodore
Commodore

Post by DarkenShroud »

Ok I'm a idiot, I just looked at the entires and I'm in the battleship category. Are we now using devices for this tourney? Or have they been put on hold as was stated before? I'll try to dig through the thread and read it again though, to try to find the answer to my own question. :? But if so please let me know, so I can fix my battleship. And make it deviceless. Looking at my ship now, man I didn't build that well when I first started this game lol. Noticed too that weapons are allowed to stack, I would have definetly been shady and stacked them if I realized that before lol. Oh well, use a old ship that was made when your new, expect to get crappy results lol. But it may do good if devices are allowed still. Will simply jump right on top of you and rail and pulse you to death, lol my first tactic I used when building tourney ships. Shady yes, but so is the stacking of wepons and modules lol. Fight fire with fire, and lots of it :wink: Of course the A. Longbow by kenshin does the samething, but does it alittle better then mine. Tested against all these ships when I first started playing, and making tourney ships using Andrew's set up points wise. LOL I will let the results speak for themselves. Hopefully Trek just goes with the device, cuz there really not unusable after testing them again. Ships just jump off the screen sometimes, and they still can be fired upon, and fire back. So theres not really a problem other then you can't see whats going down. Due to ships flying off the map/porting off the map I should say. But really its not a problem to me, they all go boom on the map....or off the map. If the device remains a problem in Trek's eyes, then perhaps he will allow the people to remake there ships deviceless, so we can get this thing over and move on. Eitherway I don't care, I just wanna see my ship in action...win or lose. So we keeping the devices to use, we making new deviceless ships, or we gonna wait a eternity for something to happen, that may not happen at all lol(the device problem gets fixed). Easy problem, easy solution, brought to you by DrakenShroud and the device using Dracos II

Oh and my money is on the A. Longbow by kenshin if devices are allowed usage. That things rips ships in half from the inside LOL. Always loved that design since I first loaded it against my first tourney test ship. The rest I will not comment on testing wise, but the A. longbow man that things shady. Nice work kenshin always wanted to tell ya that. It owns, and its firepower is unequalled in this tourney battleship wise. Of course stacking a million pulse atop one another is beyond shady, I would call that wrong lol. Exploits pulses bad accuracy by making there accuracy a whole lot more better, and man does it dish out the punishment. So shady, well built, and definetly unfair. Glad we have rules against this in the other tournies lol.
If it ain't broke, then don't try to fix it

A renegade is only what he makes of himself - Magius to Huma

You have only yourself to blame for failure
Captain Trek
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Captain Trek »

Of course devices are allowed to be used (I simply went by Fireborn's 2nd tournament rules), it's just that the new system I'm using to run the battleship fights (I don't spawn them within weapons range of each other anymore) doesn't cater well to ships with Dieterling devices, as there is a bug that allows ally and enemy ships using them to jump as far as they like, regardless of the device's range...

Thus, I'm putting fights invovling battleships equipped with diterling devices on hold untill TH fixes the bug...
DarkenShroud
Commodore
Commodore

Post by DarkenShroud »

That may take weeks, a month, maybe even more. Why not just use deviceless ships, or start off in opposite corners. And just let things play out the way they will. Even with devices the way they are now, battles still go smoothly with them in use. The only problem really is that ships sometimes jump off the screen when they are used, doesn't matter how far they jump. Not to me at least, just another thing to add to the mix of a choatic and exciting battle. But honestly, if your waiting for the problem to get fixed, it mat not be happening soon. If it does cool, but if not we maybe waiting quite awhile for this thing to come to a head and conclude itself.

Captain Trek
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Captain Trek »

I've already run the fights involving the Stalker, Chernobog and Crossbow facing each other, and I will face all three of these ships off angainst the Uranium in due course... and I will face all four off against Arcalane's ship if he comes back with a legal design to replace his Tarantula...

That will leave Kenshin's A. Longbow and only two other ships with all their fights left unrun, as Anarki has since dropped out of the running and his ship was one of four equipped with a device (as opposed to now five ships, if we count Arcalane, that don't have one)...
DarkenShroud
Commodore
Commodore

Post by DarkenShroud »

Just sent my Dracos without a device, and with added spunk. So if ya want feel free to run it, and check it out Trek. Thanks again.

Captain Trek
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Captain Trek »

Well, it's your choice wether you want to replace the Dracos or not... Even if you do, I still won't be able to run all of the fights (since two ships equipped with the devices would still be still offically entered), but I'm perfectly happy to use the deviceless Dracos...

So I ask, is this new Dracos your offical entry now?
DarkenShroud
Commodore
Commodore

Post by DarkenShroud »

Yeah its final, and offical. I think going deviceless will help the tourney along, and I like the way it is now. So yeah, keep the one I just sent and use it at your leasure against the deviceless ships.