Fireborn's 2nd Tournament: Resolved at Last

Various custom ship tournaments go here, along with old encounters.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Ethril
Commander
Commander

Post by Ethril »

Well that's brilliant. :roll:

I guess he didn't anticipate stationary opponents. ⌐_⌐
Bluhman
Commander
Commander

Post by Bluhman »

Yeah, the Sattigus showed up after the Cower was made. Up until then, all my opponents were close-ranged brawlers, so I took advantage of that and made a swift ship that would be able to outrun its opponents while showering death upon them.

But yeah, that last battle was slightly anticlimactic. I forgot I had set its AI range that far. :lol:

With that said, I really doubt SCOTLAND will have anywhere as smooth a time as Cower did.
Captain Trek
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Captain Trek »

But yeah, that last battle was slightly anticlimactic.
It certainly didn't have the appeal of my Apache vs your Vega in the first tournament, Bluhman... *shurg*

Anyway, here are today's results... Tomorrow will be the final round of frigate fights. The day after, honours for the winner and an analysis of the frigate segment of the tournament. The cruiser fights will beign on the 7th...

Battle results for January 4th:

Sagittarius vs Showerhead:

Round 1:

This fight went rather quickly. The Showerhead attempted to outflank the Sagittarius, but it kept stopping for whatever reason, allowing the Sagittarius' railguns to catch up...

And scored the kill, thanks in part to poor deflector placement on the part of the Showerhead...

Round 2:

Once again, the Showerhead suffered from poor deflector placement and poor flanking behavior...

...and try as it might, the Sagittarius emerged with an easy victory...

Winner: Sagittarius

Ironboot vs Proton:

Round 1:

Unlike the previous two short ranged ships that defeated the Ironboot, the Proton has no deflectors, and its pair of flak guns hardly made up for this as the Ironboot quickly began to tear into the Proton, easily shrugging off the its scaterbeams. This is also the first fight in which the Ironboot's size worked to its advantage, with the Proton's Frosch Gun proving ineffective against such a large target, lasting for hardly more than a second or two...

The Proton struggled to defend itself, but was quite simply outmatched and was quickly torn to pieces...

Round 2:

Once again, the Proton's Frosch gun proved ineffective, and the Ironboot once again wasted no time in showing the Proton what its eight pulse guns can do given the opportunity...

The Proton attempted a fighting retreat, its superior speed allowing it to keep away from the Boot's onslaught for a time, but the Boot relentlessly followed, and soon had the Proton cornered, casually brushing it aside...

Winner: Ironboot

Cower vs Viper:

Round 1:

At first, the fight seemed to bare a remarkable resemblance to the Cower vs Showerhead fight, with the two ships dancing around the map, the Viper finding itself unable to close with its opponent. Unlike the Showerhead, however, the Viper wasn't able to keep clear of the Cower's barrages. It's flak guns did go some way to helping the Viper survive as long as it did...

...but it wasn't all that long before the Cower was blowing off weapons...

...and then sections...

Eventually the two ships lost contact with each other, but by then, the Viper had already lost all four of its pulse guns, hence a victory for the Cower...

Round 2:

The Viper was a little slower to get going than it had been last round, allowing the Cower a few hits, almost destroying one of the Viper's sections early on. Once again, however, the fight became a dance. The Viper wasn't suffering too many htis at first, thanks to the combination of its flak guns and deflector module, but eventually the Cower once again found itself blowing off the Viper's weapons...

...and then sections...

After the Viper lost its first section, the two ships briefly lost contact, only to reestablish contact when the Viper drifted back into range, and the dance continued, which eventually resulted in the Viper losing another section...

And then losing contact with the Cower again. Unlike last round, however, the Viper still had once of its pulse guns left (albeit just barely), so I used a 'tow core' to drag it back into the Cower's range, with a predictable result... You guessed it, more dancing... The Cower, even after I left the fight to run at 200 FPS for quite some time, failed to finish off the Viper's last pulse gun, or destroy its core, due to the Viper's constant self-repair. By now it was pretty easy for me to call the fight in favor of the Cower, however...

Winner: Cower

Frigate Standings after round 4:

Wins-losses:

Cower: 4-0

Sagittarius: 4-1

Showerhead: 1-2

Ironboot: 1-3

Proton: 1-3

Viper: 1-3

Tomorrow's fights:

Cower vs Ironboot

Proton vs Showerhead

Showerhead vs Viper
[img]http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb6/CaptainTrek/Federationsignature.jpg[/img]
TheBlueEcho
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by TheBlueEcho »

Doesn't Shipdancing get on your nerves?
Captain Trek
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Captain Trek »

Doesn't Shipdancing get on your nerves?
It does a bit... :) Hopefully there'll be less dancing during the cruiser round...

Anyway, the frigate section of the tournament is complete... all fights have been run. I'll post a detailed analysis of how each ship performed tomorrow. As I said earlier, the cruiser rounds will begin on the 7th. Anyway...

Battle results for January 5th:

Cower vs Ironboot:

Round 1:

The Cower quickly ducked away from the approaching Ironboot and opened up with its pulsar barrages, which were, at first, easily repulsed by the Iron Boot's extensive deflector screens...

Just when it looked like the Boot might corner the Cower, the tiny gunboat pulled a Houdini and slipped through a gap, the slow bullets from the Boot's pulse guns unable to hit the dodging craft...

From there, the Cower merely sat back and casually pounded the Ironboot until its deflectors failed, the powerful pulsar guns quickly tearing through the Boot's armour plating. One of the disadvantages of making oneself such a large target...

Soon after, the Ironboot went into hull shock...

...and collapsed...

Round 2:

The second round couldn't possibly have gone worse for the Boot. Due to the way it turned to keep facing the Cower, a few of its previous barrages scored partial hits against one of the Boot's vulnerable girder sections, which were enough to destroy the section, resulting in the instant decimation of the Iron Boot's right half and a massive hull shock...

Needless to say, the fight didn't last much longer... An easy victory for the Cower's final battle...

Winner: Cower

Proton vs Showerhead:

Round 1:

Both ships went on the offensive. The Showerhead's speed saved it from being hit by the Proton's Forsch gun, allowing it to take an early lead, despite some bad deflector placement, which was made up for by its though front armour piece...

The Proton fell back, and the Showerhead gave chase. Despite its speed advantage, it was slow in catching up. As it finally cornered the Proton, it dodged a second Frosch discharge...

And relieved the Proton of the last of its weapons, securing it the first round for the Showerhead...

Round 2:

Once again, the Showerhead easily dodged the Proton's initial Frosch discharge...

And quickly took the lead, the Showerhead's armour and deflector proving an effective combination...

After another short chase, the Showerhead once again cornered and finished off the Proton's second set of weapons. By all accounts an easy victory for the Showerhead...

Winner: Showerhead

Showerhead vs Viper:

Round 1:

The first round of this, the final battle of the frigate section of the tournament, hardly made for a spectacular finale. The flanking Showerhead left the Viper virtually unable to engage with its weapons, and soon found its sections being blown off...

It wasn't long before it looked like victory was certain for the Showerhead...

But incredibly, the retreating Viper, which managed to keep from dieing for several minutes and multiple cornerings, actually managed to deal the Showerhead some damage with its last pulse gun. It wasn't enough to bring the Viper back from the brink of defeat, though...

Round 2:

Unlike last round, the Viper did manage to get off a couple of impressive looking (if rather ineffective) barrages...

Soon though, the Viper once again found itself losing sections and withdrew...

Unlike last round, though, the Viper was destroyed the very first time the Showerhead cornered it, unsuccessfully attempting to return fire as its core was cut to ribbons, unable to escape its ultimate fate...

Winner: Showerhead

Final Frigate Standings:

Wins-losses:

1st place: Cower: 5-0

2nd place: Sagittarius: 4-1

3rd place: Showerhead: 3-2

Equal 4th place: Ironboot, Proton and Viper: 1-4 each

No fights tomorrow: Awards and honours for (and analysis of) frigate entrants to be held instead.
[img]http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb6/CaptainTrek/Federationsignature.jpg[/img]
Anarki
BANNED

Post by Anarki »

Yay, now I can see my uniquely named ships in action!
Captain Trek
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Captain Trek »

Frigate results and analysis:

The Cower by Bluhman comes in first place, with 5 wins and no losses.

With the frigate category over, allow me to be the first to congratulate Bluhman on his victory. Like my Apache before it, the Cower features a superb combination of speed and range ,and its small size makes it very hard to hit if the enemy does manage to close, as the Cower vs Ironboot fight showed... Bluhman, I take my hat off to you. You are superb tournament frigate designer. Your Vega did exceptionally well in the first tournament and now your Cower has won the whole thing come second tournament. I hope our ships meet in battle again someday...

The Sagittarius by Himura.Kenshin comes in second place, with 4 wins and 1 loss.

The Sagittarius works on the theroy that the ship's railguns will be able to crack any opposing vessel open before it can close into effective attack range, rendering mobility uncessesary. For the most part, it worked. Whilst the Cower was able to out range it, all four of its other opponents were short range brawlers, just the sort of ship the Sagittarius so excells at defeating. Well done, Himura.Kenshin, you designed a ship that masterfully exploited the weaknesses of its opponents. A well deserved second place...

the Showerhead by Ixranin comes in third place, with 3 wins and 2 losses.

Ixranin's Showerhead is an interesting take on the typical short ranged brawler design. It's small frame, excellent speed and flanking AI pattern makes it good at dodging incoming fire, and getting around the deflectors of slower opponents like the Ironboot. It also mounts all of its weapons and its deflector module on the core, making the ship impossible to send into hull shock and making it almost impossible to damage the weapons without first blowing through the armour sections (one of which had its hit points cleverly increased to 2-and-a-half times normal health for a frigate section), or else using piercing weapons like railguns. The Showerhead, whilst it found itself outmanuvered and outgunned by the Cower and Sagittarius, respectively, did superbly against its fellow short range brawlers, all three of which were helpless against such a well designed short ranged craft. Congratulations to Ixranin on achiving third in the tournament...

The last three ships all tied for fourth place. I will talk about each one in alphabetical order, starting with the Ironboot...

The Ironboot by Winged Cat ties for fourth place, with 1 win and 4 losses.

Winged Cat's Ironboot, whilst it was not inherently a bad concept, suffered from serious design flaws. Vulnerable parenting and long, large, easy to hit sections made the ship excetionally vulnerable to flanking enemies. It also had a hard time hitting some of its rather more nimble opponents with its pulse guns Its large size did render it virtually invulernable to the Proton's Frosch gun, but this was perhaps the design's only saving grace. None the less, it did manage one victory, so it didn't wash out entirely. Nice try, Winged Cat. Maybe you'll get 'em next time...

The Proton by Xerxes-17 ties for fourth place, with 1 win and 4 losses.

Xerxes-17's Proton is perhaps the most underdesigned ship in the tournament. With only 100 HPs per section, a pair of flak guns and a Frosch gun, whilst effective against its generally small opponents, simply wasn't enough defence. The Proton was bad at dodging enemy fire, and would often find its sections with the scatter beams blown away, often sending the ship into hull shock, before it could cause any real damage, or even fire in some cases... The Frosch gun concept wasn't bad Xerxes-17, but the rest of the design left a lot to be desired. Like the Ironboot, however, it did achive one victory, which is better than some previous designs, like Arcalane's Hestia X, which failed to win even a single bout.

The Viper by Arcalane ties for fourth place, with 1 win and 4 losses.

Finally, Arcalane's Viper has some design problems in that its deflector is insufficent to provide proper protection for the ship and its four weapons, in addition to being easy to destroy, are also some of the most inaccurate in Battleships Forever, meaning the ship was losing a substantial percentage of its firepower to simply misses against its generally small opponents. Its saving grace was its flanking AI, which affored it some ability to dodge, and was what allowed it to score its single victory against the Ironboot. Why Arcalane insists on building such obviously flawed designs (such as his Scorpion in the recent Junkyard tournament) is frankly beyond me...

Regardless of how well or badly a given ship did, however, I would like to congratulate all of you. Truth be told, they're all good desings, some just not as good as others. I hope you're looking foward to the cruiser bouts I have scheduled for tomrrow. See you then...

Tomorrow's fights:

Scorpion vs Swarm Station

Bullete vs Phoebus

Obfuscation III vs SCOTLAND

The Big Armoured Turd vs Carbon
Ixranin
Captain
Captain

Post by Ixranin »

Yeah, Showerhead was meant for brawling, and I hadn't planned on it fighting much else. Not sure what caused the stop-go issue it had versus the Sagittarius though, maybe I had the acceleration too high.

And oh god, the cruiser bracket. We're gonna get to watch the Demeter Pod spam win this one over. I was doing some test matches today to see if any of the new mechanic changes had affected the situation, and noticed a rather disturbing trend...

...On ally side, the Obfustication performs near perfectly versus the two pod spammers.
...On the enemy side, the Obfustication consistantly has its Deflectors detoothed and dies.

The Bulletta seems to have taken a hit in terms of the AI too. While it used to be able to shield properly and take on the two pod ships, now it consistantly deflectors the tiny pieces instead and quickly dies. So much for the two anti-demeter ships. :P
Water_and_Wind
Captain
Captain

Post by Water_and_Wind »

Enemy demeter pods don't go for the modules and weapons. I put that in the bugs topic a while ago and I guess it hasn't changed?
Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

Captain Trek wrote:Why Arcalane insists on building such obviously flawed designs (such as his Scorpion in the recent Junkyard tournament) is frankly beyond me...
I wouldn't call them flawed per se - they're just geared more towards the stock ships, which I suppose isn't such a good idea in a tournament where people will use and abuse any rule they can find. :P
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
Anarki
BANNED

Post by Anarki »

Ahahaha, the Big Armored Turd. Something I threw together at the last moment, because Pods are gay.
Captain Trek
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Captain Trek »

Ok, the first round of cruiser battles are done...

Battle results for January 7th:

Scorpion vs Swarm Station:

Round 1:

What can I say? The Scorpion never really had a chance. The Swarm Station was slow in raising its deflectors, but that was only because the Scorpion's fire was, at first, not hitting the Swarm at all, due to the Swarm's multiple impeder modules. The Station responded by launching its Demeter pods... not all at once, but still plenty quickly enough for the drones to surround the Scorpion...

...and put it out of its misery...

Round 2:

The Swarm Station was quicker in raising its deflectors this time, but slower in launching its pods, allowing the Scorpion to survive the Station's initial release of drones. The Swarm Station was now nothing more than a big target for the Scorpion...

However, the Station's deflectors and impeders insured that the Scorpion was unable to deal significant damage to the Station whilst its launchers recharged. The launchers soon recharged, and the Scorpion was once again surrounded...

...this time fatally...

Winner: Swarm Station

Bullete vs Phoebus:

Round 1:

The two ships were quickly on top of each other. The Bullete's Frosch gun proved ineffective against such a large target as the Phoebus, lasting nary a second...

In the end, the Bullete's small size proved the decisive advantage. The Phoebus simply did not have enough deflectors to defend itself against a target which was firing right on top of it, whereas the Bluette was able to make itself completely invincible for as long as its deflectors held up. The Phoebus lost a couple of sections, then the Bullete struck the finishing blow, destroying an internal section deep within the Phoebus, completely annihilating the ship all in one go...

Round 2:

Both ships were a little slow in raising their deflector screens. The Bullete survived, however, and the Phoebus quickly found itself losing exterior armour...

The Bullete, instead of coring the ship from within as it had done last round, instead blew through the Phoebus' rear armour and destroyed the section mounting the ship's railguns and impeder modules, sending it into hull shock...

It recovered, however, and managed to bring its array of mining beams to bear on the Bullete right when its deflectors went down, dealing heavy, but not fatal, damage to both of the Bullete's sections. The Bullete returned the favor and then some, destroying the Phoebus' right side, which sent into another hull shock...

From which it did not recover...

Winner: Bullete

Obfuscation III vs SCOTLAND:

Round 1:

The SCOTLAND immediately found itself under an intense weasel gun bombardment and attempted to compensate with its deflector module. It also found itself under Frosch gun fire, the effect lasting for a lot longer on the SCOTLAND than it had when the Bullete was fighting the Phoebus...

This was not decisive to the battle, however. The Obfuscation's own deflector modules were, however, rendering the ship virtually invincible, allowing it plenty of time to begin damaging the SCOTLAND with its weasel gun barrages...

It wasn't too long before the SCOTLAND was heavily damaged. It attempted to capitalize on the Obfuscation's deflector failure. But it was too late...

Round 2:

The SCOTLAND once again found itself Frosch gunned...

...and once again this was not decisive, as the Obfuscation's deflectors made it impossible for the SCOTLAND to damage either way. The SCOTLAND once again found itself taking damage and was once again unable to capitalize on the Obfuscation's deflector failure as it was being ripped apart by the weasel gun batteries...

Winner: Obfuscation III

Big Armoured Turd vs Carbon:

Round 1:

This fight bore a disturbing similarity to the Scorpion vs Swarm Station fight. Even despite poor deflector placing, T.B.A.T. was still well able to quickly surround the Carbon with drones...

...which mercilessly tore the hapless cruiser apart....

Round 2:

T.B.A.T. had better deflector placement this time. Other than that, the fight went exactly the same way as the last round with the Carbon begin swiftly surrounded...

...and slaughtered....

Winner: Big Armoured Turd

Cruiser standings after round 1:

Wins-losses:

Big Armoured Turd: 1-0

Bullete: 1-0

Obfuscation III: 1-0

Phoebus: 0-1

Scorpion: 0-1

SCOTLAND: 0-1

Swarm Station: 1-0

Carbon: 0-1

Tomorrow's fights:

Big Armoured Turd vs Obfuscation III

Carbon vs Scorpion

SCOTLAND vs Swarm Station

Bullete vs SCOTLAND
Himura.Kenshin
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Himura.Kenshin »

Hehehehe... Bullette versus Obfuscation III will be epic. It'll all depend on whether or not the Bullette will be able to catch up... which will really depend on opening Frosch barrages.

First I'll just have to rip through the SCOTLAND, though :lol: .
Warcraft III (U.S. East) -~-~- [( Aequinox / DACI-Equinox / Equinox]4[Lyfe )]
XBox 360 LIVE (Mostly CoD:WaW) -~-~- [( EquinoxXenom )]

[quote="Wyrdysm Games"][i]Stop quoting the line above in your sigs![/i][/quote]
Captain Trek
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Captain Trek »

Battle results for January 8th:

Big Armoured Turd vs Obfuscation III:

Round 1:

At first, the Big Armoured Turd was nothing more than a huge wallowing target, an easy mark for the Obfuscation's battery of weasel guns, T.B.A.T.'s drones harmlessly hitting the Obfuscation's two shielded sections...

Unfortunately for the Obfuscation, just when it looked like the battle was very much in it's favour, the Demeters were able to blow off not just one, but both of the Obfuscation's deflector modules (I ran this fight several more times in an unofficial capacity, just to make sure it wasn't a fluke, and the same thing always happened), leaving the ship vulnerable to the incoming fire...

...and it wasn't long before the Obfuscation was taken apart...

Round 2:

I was met with a surprising result in round 2. Rather than lose its deflectors to T.B.A.T.'s drones, as it does when spawned as an enemy, the Obfuscation instead lost its tiny sections, which were put in place so as to avoid breaking the 'one deflector every three sections' rule. The Obfuscation did rather stupidly reassign one of its two deflectors to one of these sections, but it was too late for T.B.A.T. to take advantage as it was sent into a hullshock...

...and then another...

...before being ripped to shreds by the Obfuscation's weasel guns...

Well, now this is a problem. I really had hoped it wouldn't come to this... But the faction really does determine the outcome of the fight in this case. I tried over and over again, always with the same result. If T.B.A.T is spawned as an ally and the Obfuscation III is spawned as an enemy, T.B.A.T. always wins. However, if I reverse with the situation, with the Obfuscation III as the ally and T.B.A.T. as the enemy, the Obfuscation always wins. This means that the method I have chosen to tiebreak fights (tossing a coin to determine who is the ally and who is the enemy) would effectively be determining the outcome of the fight on the toss of a coin, which I think we call all agree is hardly fair.

I had to find some way to separate the two, however, so I improvised a series of tests. Whomever won the most tests would be declared the winner:

The 'player ship' test:

First, I spawned each ship under player control, and its opponent under enemy control, to see if the ship could beat its opponent if I controlled it.

First, the Big Armoured Turd. Since it barely moves, I didn't really have to distinguish between controlling it myself and setting it to attack the Obfuscation and letting the AI control it, as I would always have to control the ship's Demeter launchers anyway.. I found that the Turd's Demeter drones, like when T.B.A.T. was spawned as an enemy, always blew off the Obfuscation's deflectors and destroyed the ship.

However, when I spawned the Obfuscation under player control, it demolished T.B.A.T., whether I micromanaged it or I simply set it to attack T.B.A.T. and sat back and watched.

Test 1: Draw

The 'gunship test':

This test, first invented by Pwhk to test the balance of canon ships, involves spawning the ship to be tested and pitting it against ever larger waves of pirate gunships ('normal enemy' #5), starting with just the one, and then increasing the number of gunships by one each wave. Each time the ship being tested managed to destroy an entire wave, it would be awarded one point. If the ship being tested was destroyed, the ship would be awarded fractional points for the wave in question...

For example, if the ship being tested reached wave six (with six pirate gunships) and was then destroyed, but had destroyed 3 of the 6 gunships and 'damaged' (a gunship counts as damaged it has lost a third of its right side health bar or at least one of its blasters, a gunship with no blasters left counts as destroyed) 2 more, the ship would be awarded 5 (for destroying the first five waves) and 4/6 (or 2/3) points...

Pwhk considered the canon ships to be balanced if they were able to rack up 1 point for patrol ships, 2 points for destroyers and 3 points for battleships, respectively. This test is also a fun way to test the ships entered into any given tournament, with the ship that destroys the most gunships winning.

Note: The gunships are spawned in a particular formation. The first gunship is spawned a decent distance from the ship to be tested, and subsequent gunships are spawned either side of it, until there are five gunships in a row, at which point the first row is moved closer to the ship to be tested and a second row begins to take shape.

Also note: A ship is towed back to the point at which it started (or at least, fairly close to it) using a number of special tow ships called 'crackers' (for their cracker like appearance) after each wave. A ship is allowed to repair any damaged sections back to half HPs (or full HPs if the design is lucky enough to include a nano matrix) and all modules on a ship are allowed to fully recharged.

So anyway, I tested both T.B.A.T. and the Obfuscation using this method. Here are the results...

The Big Armoured Turd:

Note: Because I have to freeze the ships as I set up the gunships' formation, this means that T.B.A.T. is behaving slightly different from when it fights the Obfuscation one-on-one (a fight in which no ship freezing is necessary, obviously), firing all of its Demeter pods at once in a great clump instead of in a 'gatling gun' style as it does normally...

vs 1: Gunship destroyed

vs 2: Gunships destroyed

vs 3: Gunships destroyed

vs 4: Gunships destroyed

vs 5: Gunships destroyed

vs 6: Gunships destroyed, B.A.T. 3 port armour sections destroyed

vs 7: Gunships destroyed, B.A.T. 2 port and 3 starboard amour sections destroyed

vs 8: Gunships destroyed, B.A.T. all remaining armour sections destroyed

vs 9: B.A.T. destroyed, 4 gunships destroyed, 2 gunships damaged

Score: 8 5/9 points

T.B.A.T. suffered from serious deflector placement issues almost every wave. It probably would have lasted a lot longer otherwise...

Obfuscation III:

vs 1: Gunship destroyed

vs 2: Gunships destroyed

vs 3: Gunships destroyed

vs 4: Gunships destroyed

vs 5: Gunships destroyed

vs 6: Gunships destroyed, Obfuscation III 1 extraneous section destroyed

vs 7: Gunships destroyed

vs 8: Gunships destroyed

vs 9: Gunships destroyed, Obfuscation III starboard section and 1 extraneous section destroyed

vs 10: Obfuscation III destroyed, 1 gunship destroyed, 2 gunships damaged

Score: 9 1/5 points

Lady luck was most definitely on the Obfuscation III's side today. If not for some lucky deflector placement and such, she could have been destroyed a lot sooner...

Test 2 winner: Obfuscation III

The 'raider test':

Another balance test designed by pwhk. This test is identical to the 'gunship test', except that it uses alien raiders ('normal enemy' #14) instead of pirate gunships...

The Big Armoured Turd:

vs 1: Raider destroyed

vs 2: Raiders destroyed

vs 3: Raiders destroyed

vs 4: Raiders destroyed

vs 5: Raiders destroyed

vs 6: Raiders destroyed

vs 7: Raiders destroyed

vs 8: Raiders destroyed

vs 9: Raiders destroyed

vs 10: B.A.T. destroyed, 9 raiders destroyed

With the raiders being flankers, and T.B.A.T. such a big target, it was only a matter of time before they took out that critical section in the ship's rear... The Demeters were able to tear the raiders apart pretty fast, as they had done with the gunships before them, but once there were enough raiders that some were able to pick up speed before they could be attacked, it was again, only a matter of time...

Score: 9 9/10 points

Obfuscation III:

vs 1: Raider destroyed

vs 2: Raiders destroyed

vs 3: Raiders destroyed

vs 4: Raiders destroyed

vs 5: Raiders destroyed

vs 6: Raiders destroyed

vs 7: Raiders destroyed

vs 8: Raiders destroyed

vs 9: Raiders destroyed, Obfuscation III 1 extraneous section destroyed

vs 10: Raiders destroyed

vs 11: Raiders destroyed

vs 12: Raiders destroyed

vs 13: Obfuscation III destroyed, 1 raider destroyed, 10 raiders damaged

The Obfuscation had a few lucky deflector escapes and did some good work with its quad blaster. In the end, the Obfuscation was only overwhelmed by sheer force of numbers...

Score: 12 6/13 points

Test 3 winner: Obfuscation III

It's interesting that despite operating on completely different design principles, the overall combat capabilities of the Obfuscation III and the Big Armoured Turd are virtually inseparable. However, in the end I call this fight in favour of the Obfuscation III. It fared better in my tests than the Big Armoured Turd did.

Winner by default: Obfuscation III

Carbon vs Scorpion:

Round 1:

The Scorpion strafed the Carbon at first, making it impossible for the Carbon to hit anything except the Scorpion's port wing...

That was until the ships hit the edge of the map. The Scorpion soon found its weapons being sniped off by the Carbon's railguns...

And was unable to return to favour, its own weapons either being intercepted by the Carbon's flak guns or else just striking uselessly against the Carbon's deflected forward armour sections. In the end, the Scorpion was completely detoothed. This alone would have secured victory for the Carbon, but eventually the Carbon did finish the Scorpion off, despite the latter's stubbornly strong hull...

Round 2:

The fight went no differently round 2, save for the fact that the Carbon was able to take an early lead before the Scorpion had started moving...

Once again, the two ships hit the wall and it wasn't long before the Scorpion's weapons were being sniped off...

...And were soon gone completely...

Winner: Carbon

SCOTLAND vs Swarm Station:

Round 1:

If the Scorpion did badly against the Swarm Station, the SCOTLAND did even worse. None of its weapons were even able to get close to the Station due to its impeder modules. Like the Scorpion before it, the SCOTLAND was quickly surrounded...

...and torn to shreds...

Round 2:

In an attempt to be a gracious host, I spawned the SCOTLAND closer to the Swarm Station this time. However, in the end the SCOTLAND, like the Scorpion before it, didn't really stand a chance. Once again surrounded...

...and once again destroyed...

Winner: Swarm Station

Bullete vs SCOTLAND:

Round 1:

The Bullete was very slow in raising its deflectors, and almost lost its Frosch gun because of it. Eventually it did raise its deflectors and managed to close with the SCOTLAND, but it looked like the latter was holding all the cards. The Bullete couldn't even hit the SCOTLAND at first...

The two ships proceeded to pound each other's deflectors. The Bullete got a lucky break just as its deflectors failed, disabling the SCOTLAND with its Frosch gun. Eventually the Bullete managed to cut through the SCOTLAND's large piece of frontal armour...

And from there it was a cake walk for the Bullete, the SCOTLAND unable to stop its seconds from being ripped apart under intense pulse gun fire...

Round 2:

The Bullete was quicker on one of the deflector triggers this time, but it took a while before it raised its second. When the Bullete caught up to the SCOTLAND, the SCOTLAND had only just raised its deflectors, whereas the Bullete had had its raised for a while...

Once again, however, the Bullete was lucky enough, right when its deflectors failed, to disable the SCOTLAND with its Frosch gun...

It wasn't long before the Bullete took the advantage and plowed its way through the SCOTLAND's armour...

...and the rest of the ship soon after...

Winner: Bullete

Cruiser standings after round 2:

Wins-losses:

Bullete: 2-0

Obfuscation III: 2-0

Swarm Station: 2-0

Big Armoured Turd: 1-1

Carbon: 1-1

Phoebus: 0-1

Scorpion: 0-2

SCOTLAND: 0-3

Tomorrow's fights:

Big Armoured Turd vs Swarm Station

Carbon vs Phoebus

Bullete vs Scorpion

Big Armoured Turd vs Bullete
Himura.Kenshin
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Himura.Kenshin »

I bet you're looking forward to Big Armoured Turd versus Bullette :lol: .
Warcraft III (U.S. East) -~-~- [( Aequinox / DACI-Equinox / Equinox]4[Lyfe )]
XBox 360 LIVE (Mostly CoD:WaW) -~-~- [( EquinoxXenom )]

[quote="Wyrdysm Games"][i]Stop quoting the line above in your sigs![/i][/quote]