Assault the Mothership 2: Team BETA discussion

Various custom ship tournaments go here, along with old encounters.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

M123
Captain
Captain

Post by M123 »

Here's an update to my HBP Pummeler (which will now be my submission):
In other news, some major flooding occured in my city today (well, yesterday now :P ) and my house received some minor damage, which I consider very lucky as many other homes were flooded up to several meters. :( (Have to replace one rooms carpet, a couple of sheets of plaster, and a few bags of concrete (which got wet when the bottom storey partially flooded, they will probably set). I'm glad we have insurance.)

Damn, the ship database is still down. :x
Anarki
BANNED

Post by Anarki »

I think we should assign roles, edit the front page, and I think that Bombardment and Brawlers are the way to go.
So:

1. Mother Goose (dunno how effective this is against a dieterling)
2. Pulsar Bombardment
3. Pulsar Bombardment
4. Pulsar Bombardment
5. Pulsar Bombardment
6. Brawler
7. Brawler
8. Brawler

And people should choose their roles, and stick to it. This should be on the front page, if a majority agrees to this.

And if it does happen, I want to be one of the bombardment.
Comus
Commander
Commander

Post by Comus »

I'm already using a pulsar bombardment ship, so I am perfectly fine with this strategy. As I said in the last ATM, it's better to focus on one strategy than to have ships all over the place trying to do everything at once.
DarkenShroud
Commodore
Commodore

Post by DarkenShroud »

I'll fit whatever role the team needs me in, if ya think the mother goose fits in with the teams ideas, then so be it. If ya want me to make something else, or use something else...just let me know. I'm pretty flexible, its upto the team what they want me to do. Super Tac user, Gosling Mother Goose type, Pulsar ship, Gatling pulse in your face ship, etc. Its upto you all what you want me to do again, but rest assured I will be packing extreme firepower no matter what you want me to do.

1. Mother Goose (dunno how effective this is against a dieterling)

Could be very effective actually, the mothership might jump right on top of my gosling barrage by mistake lol :wink:

Anarki wrote:You people do realize I'm going to build something utterly stupid and overpowered, which 100% complies with the rules, without a doubt?.

This is what our entire team should be thinking right now, thank god for Anarki :wink:

How bout we just use all lancet pulsar ships? Gotta have two lancets each, then we will rock that thing for sure. Weasels are a viable option as well to go along with pulsars. I think having ships try to rush that thing is gonna be suicide, sit back all together and pummel that fricker till it turns to dust with pulsars. All the while our 16 lancets eat at its insides :twisted:

I'm gonna make me a new and improved model here shortly, frick the goslings I guess. That ship is supposed to be made differntly anyways then I intended. Just can't make my idea viable in this rules format/point sytem with the mother goose design. Even though 8 of those things do pummel lol. Think I'm gonna make me a new pulsar design with two shiny lancets :P Maybe adding some weasels if I can manage it. Without giving up too many pulsars.
If it ain't broke, then don't try to fix it

A renegade is only what he makes of himself - Magius to Huma

You have only yourself to blame for failure
Kalanosis
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by Kalanosis »

Just to update everyone on my design:

This is what I started with:
Note: I made this when i thought the Pulsar was the repeater. I couldn't find it on the list.

It soon evolved into this:

I haven't tested this model yet, so if you have any suggestions about the design of it, then let me know. But, I'm not posting a DL link until I'm happy with it.
Captain Trek
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Captain Trek »

You might want to at least give that ship some armour, Kalanosis. As it is, a few pulsar or blaster hits from the mothership could cripple it...

Anyway, I'll see what I can do about constructing a DPS ship...
[img]http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb6/CaptainTrek/Federationsignature.jpg[/img]
ChaosTheory
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by ChaosTheory »

I would like all to note that if you use Lancets, they will be blocked by deflectors that go up when the Pulsars hit them. My ship has Lancets for the first assault, then switches to mining beams for close range. By that point, the Lancets have shot off both their rounds before the beams activate the deflectors.
[img]http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn298/ChaosTheory100/Feather_Signature_Ice3.png[/img]
Captain Trek
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Captain Trek »

Would it be alright with you guys if I drop out? I'm just not... well... 'feeling' it this time... I don't seem to have any motivation... I fear I'll jeapordise the team with a lackluster design if I stay...
[img]http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb6/CaptainTrek/Federationsignature.jpg[/img]
DarkenShroud
Commodore
Commodore

Post by DarkenShroud »

Lancets are well worth the points in the long run, if we all use them. 16 lancets will definetly make a differnce no matter what, in the end. They'll be firing at that thing from all kinds of angles.

Heres a few of my new pulsar designs.

http://www.mediafire.com/?4dyqdw3d0hk

http://www.mediafire.com/?bzdn4xxdytt

Would it be alright with you guys if I drop out? I'm just not... well... 'feeling' it this time... I don't seem to have any motivation... I fear I'll jeapordise the team with a lackluster design if I stay...
Up to you, your a good builder and I have confidence in anything you put together. Go with your last entry, that thing was pretty tight.

Anarki
BANNED

Post by Anarki »

Ships with bombardment weapons should use flanking AI or normal AI. Your choice. We need both.
DarkenShroud
Commodore
Commodore

Post by DarkenShroud »

Suggestion-
Get rid of two flectors, a few back sections, and the blasters. Add either more beamers, or 2 lancets. Needs more firepower.
The blasters will be interecepted by the enemy I feel, there not good unless theres enough used. So either go all gat blasters, or all beam type weapons. But eitherway you need more firepower. So drop a few flectors and sections.

M123 wrote:Here's an update to my HBP Pummeler (which will now be my submission):

Damn, the ship database is still down. :x

Himura.Kenshin
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Himura.Kenshin »

Captain Trek wrote:Would it be alright with you guys if I drop out? I'm just not... well... 'feeling' it this time... I don't seem to have any motivation... I fear I'll jeapordise the team with a lackluster design if I stay...
No problems... I appreciate you asked us first. This has in no way affected my high respect for you, except possibly made it higher =P.

And, uh...

NATCH GET YO FAT ASS IN HERE.
Warcraft III (U.S. East) -~-~- [( Aequinox / DACI-Equinox / Equinox]4[Lyfe )]
XBox 360 LIVE (Mostly CoD:WaW) -~-~- [( EquinoxXenom )]

[quote="Wyrdysm Games"][i]Stop quoting the line above in your sigs![/i][/quote]
DarkenShroud
Commodore
Commodore

Post by DarkenShroud »

Himura.Kenshin wrote:
Captain Trek wrote:Would it be alright with you guys if I drop out? I'm just not... well... 'feeling' it this time... I don't seem to have any motivation... I fear I'll jeapordise the team with a lackluster design if I stay...
No problems... I appreciate you asked us first. This has in no way affected my high respect for you, except possibly made it higher =P.

And, uh...

NATCH GET YO FAT ASS IN HERE.
2nded

You took the words right out of my mind.

Infinity could you move Natch to our team in Treks place, and add a alt in his spot please? There are a few alts that have posted.

BETA FLEET

1. Natch

2. Anarki

3. DarkenShroud

4. M123 - HBP Pummeler {Short-Medium-Long Range DPS/ Tank}

5. Kalanosis

6. ChaosTheory - Fallen Light Mk IV {Long/Short Range DPS/ Bombardment}

7. Comus - Rao III-G {Bombardment}

8. Himura.Kenshin

Natch wrote:Oi, might as well say it.

Anyone willing to move to team delta so I can be on team beta?

EndlessInfinity
Commander
Commander

Post by EndlessInfinity »

Just wanting to get in contact with natch, so I'll make the move or replace trek with an alternative as soon as I get a reply.
[img]http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii140/EndlessInfinity/Endsig.jpg[/img]
DarkenShroud
Commodore
Commodore

Post by DarkenShroud »

KK Thanx man. :D