Assault the Mothership 2: Team BETA discussion

Various custom ship tournaments go here, along with old encounters.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Anarki
BANNED

Post by Anarki »

Honestly, I think that six of us should make pulsar ships, and two of us make big ass armorwhores which get up nice and close and just armorwhore.

Edit: Or the two ships could simply be decoys, which launch decoys like Impeder Platforms.
Captain Trek
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Captain Trek »

You now what? Why don't I just reuse last tournament's Valiant? :D
[img]http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb6/CaptainTrek/Federationsignature.jpg[/img]
DarkenShroud
Commodore
Commodore

Post by DarkenShroud »

Before I crashed last night, I wrote down a decent point spread for a pulsar ship. Uses 13 pulsars and 2 lancets lol, but its defense is lacking however. Still nice firepower for certain. I'll submit one for everyone to check out when I get off of work today. Unless you can use at least 10 pulsars for each ship and 2 lancets, its not really all that viable of a tactic.
If it ain't broke, then don't try to fix it

A renegade is only what he makes of himself - Magius to Huma

You have only yourself to blame for failure
ChaosTheory
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by ChaosTheory »

How about: (AI range at end of line)

1) DarkenShroud's MotherGoose - 2000
2) Pulsar ship - 1000
3) Pulsar ship - 1000
4) Pulsar ship - 1000
5) Distractor/Armor whore - 300-400
6) Distractor/Armor whore - 300-400
7) Close-range flanker/attacker - 350-450 (my ship?)
8 ) Close-range flanker/attacker - 350-450

Also, I had a good idea toady. How about a really fast pulse spammer with 1 AI range that jumps on top of the Mothership and tries to weaken the core/knock off as many sections as possible/distract/kill the MS. Said ship would probably not last very long, but the mothership has very few inward-facing guns. So it could probably do massive damage, and maybe knock off and arm or two, and leave it a wreck for the rest of the team to destroy.

I'll show you my idea shortly.
[img]http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn298/ChaosTheory100/Feather_Signature_Ice3.png[/img]
DarkenShroud
Commodore
Commodore

Post by DarkenShroud »

Anarki already suggested that.

Also, I had a good idea toady. How about a really fast pulse spammer with 1 AI range that jumps on top of the Mothership and tries to weaken the core/knock off as many sections as possible/distract/kill the MS.
I'll work on a pulsar design with better defense for the team to have a example of if there interested in using one. I'll try to get a few more ideas posted up by tonight as well.

Example of my kinda pulsar user. Better defense then my orignal, without givin up lancets or a good amount of pulsars (11)

The Renegade Magi

---------------------------------------

The Red Baron

Funny tac producer, with lancets. Kinda fragile due to it being a frigate, but has a 1000 hp aegis section on the front. Uses the new updated rules, and is legit by the standard set by the one aegis design I have previously submitted. Not all that bad, but not all that great. It can be improved, feel free to do so heres the link.

http://www.mediafire.com/?3mxuvjoaywj (Fixed a color problem)

ChaosTheory
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by ChaosTheory »

Well, I guess my idea won't work regardless of how well it is executed . . . the AI absolutely refuses to allow a ship to move right on top of another ship intentionally. I mean, even with AI range of 1, my ships would fly in just to the edge of the mothership and stand there while it turned around to face them. Pathetically infuriating. not to mention the stupid way in which the ships get one tiny section blown off and then carreen off away from the battle at ther max speed without making any attempt to slow down, only to get another section blown off while they refuse to do something intelligent. The movement AI on this game is really starting to drive me nuts.

Ah well. I guess it doesn't matter, my ships still beat the old mothership . . . but I did notice the effectiveness of having confusing fast flanker ships to turn the MS around.
[img]http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn298/ChaosTheory100/Feather_Signature_Ice3.png[/img]
DarkenShroud
Commodore
Commodore

Post by DarkenShroud »

Well, I guess my idea won't work regardless of how well it is executed . . . the AI absolutely refuses to allow a ship to move right on top of another ship intentionally. I mean, even with AI range of 1, my ships would fly in just to the edge of the mothership and stand there while it turned around to face them. Pathetically infuriating
Try a negative AI Value. Use a faster ship to ensure she doesn't back up fast enough. Try to morph the red baron into what I'm talking about(Stats wise). And add a negative AI range. Or use a device it works well, with good turning and shielding.

ChaosTheory
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by ChaosTheory »

DarkenShroud wrote:
Well, I guess my idea won't work regardless of how well it is executed . . . the AI absolutely refuses to allow a ship to move right on top of another ship intentionally. I mean, even with AI range of 1, my ships would fly in just to the edge of the mothership and stand there while it turned around to face them. Pathetically infuriating
Try a negative AI Value. Use a faster ship to ensure she doesn't back up fast enough. Try to morph the red baron into what I'm talking about(Stats wise). And add a negative AI range. Or use a device it works well, with good turning and shielding.
No, I tried that. It acts like it doesn't want to go inside the "bubble" around the MS - it even warps on top of the MS, then waits while it flies backward, then moves to stay o nthe edge of the bubble. Maybe it works for smaller ships because the discrepency isn't noticable, but for larger ships it is a problem.
DarkenShroud
Commodore
Commodore

Post by DarkenShroud »

Jump ship. Add 16 gatling pulses instead/scatter beams

http://www.mediafire.com/?bogwvdniiye
Last edited by DarkenShroud on Fri Feb 15, 2008 9:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

EndlessInfinity
Commander
Commander

Post by EndlessInfinity »

Check the main post for an example of the 10 degree gap rule for aegises
[img]http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii140/EndlessInfinity/Endsig.jpg[/img]
DarkenShroud
Commodore
Commodore

Post by DarkenShroud »

Those are normal flectors?

EndlessInfinity wrote:Check the main post for an example of the 10 degree gap rule for aegises

EndlessInfinity
Commander
Commander

Post by EndlessInfinity »

DarkenShroud wrote:Those are normal flectors?
Pardon? Sorry, kinda confused at that. The example I posted is for designs using aegis only, to show how much a gap of 10 degrees looks at different distances from the core. Normal deflectors can completely cover a front.
[img]http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii140/EndlessInfinity/Endsig.jpg[/img]
Anarki
BANNED

Post by Anarki »

I got a pulsar ship already built; just fine-tuning it now.
Captain Trek
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Captain Trek »

So, what should I do? Should I make a pulsar boat, a short ranged DPS or a tank? :?
[img]http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb6/CaptainTrek/Federationsignature.jpg[/img]
DarkenShroud
Commodore
Commodore

Post by DarkenShroud »

Make both, then decide which is better. Keep one as a back up incase you decide to switch your role? I'll work on some fresh ideas when I'm off work as examples. Write down your point spread to make it easier, before building your ship and wasting the time doing so.