Preliminary Armour System

A common area for the CC and AA for downtime and other things.
Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Re: Preliminary Armour System

Post by Arcalane »

Water_and_Wind wrote:With improved damage control, powerful PD, and damage scaling to armour, larger ships take forever to kill. The changes will also benefit ships with few sections but high HP spread between them; i.e. the opposite of ablative armour.
I'm planning to buff the effectiveness of missiles vs armour (they will have a much lower threshhold or maybe even all have armour-piercing by default, representing standardized use of shaped-charge explosive warheads, kinetic energy penetrators or whatever) and tone down the effectiveness of damage control (probably halve or quarter the current HP boost, and maybe reduce the repair interval to 1.5s) so that should help. I'll try and kludge the PD into being a bit better balanced but I'm not a very good judge of balancing as you can tell. :P

Vulcans are probably going to have their thresholds and minimum damage amount modified as well, since I feel they're still a little too good against heavy armour.
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
Doogie12
Admiral
Admiral

Re: Preliminary Armour System

Post by Doogie12 »

Does the armor damage absorbtion thing apply to drones as well? If so, then drones have suddenly become useless.
I haven't had the time to test this out yet.
Blame my teachers.

EDIT* Oh duh, just saw that one part. I'm stupid. Carry on!
naysayers will be shot