Azure Alliance Arch Admiral

Crush the Coalition!
Bad Boy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Azure Alliance Arch Admiral

Post by Bad Boy »

Arc, can you give it to W&W for the moment (or both of us, either works), my computer's dead and is gonna be away for two weeks, so I'm not gonna have any chance to deal with this.
Note though that I will check in here from time to time; I don't expect to be a no-show for the whole 2-3 weeks, but I'm not sure how much I'll be able to do.

Sorry everyone and thanks Arc.

When this is done, feel free to unsticky and/or delete this topic.
Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Re: Azure Alliance Arch Admiral

Post by Arcalane »

Done.
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
Bad Boy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Bad Boy »

An update on this, as of a few minutes ago I've managed to borrow a computer from a friend who has a spare, so I should be back fairly soon. I've got to redownload BSF and stuff, but I should be able to do that by tomorrow for the latest. It's Linux so I'm still looking around (not sure how much of a problem that'll be, or for that matter if the comp can run BSF), so if it's still okay to have two Arch Admirals then for the moment at least I'd certainly be fine with it that (assuming W&W is). Otherwise if vice-arch's are allowed, that'd work too.
By the way sorry W&W, I really should have asked you if you wanted to be AA instead of just sending it over without any warning, I really didn't have time though, so I'm hope that's a good enough excuse.

Thanks Arc and all AA members, sorry for all this trouble.
Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

WINE really doesn't like running BSF, or most GameMaker apps at all. I think you'll have to turn the sound off to get BSF to run with it.

BB Edit (Sorry arc for editing your post :)) - I'm unlocking the thread in case anyone has anything to say on the matter of Arch Admirals. I've not gotten any pms or anything, so I assume the answer is no, but if I'm wrong, feel free to post here.
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
Bad Boy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Bad Boy »

I just realised I never really updated my situation. Basically I can't run BSF or SM. It runs, but it's ridiculously slow. The computer I borrowed isn't the best (which isn't really a surprise considering it was fixed up from junk) and having to run through wine probably doesn't help it. So until I get my old computer back I'm essentially unable to build much less play. Obviously that hasn't stopped anyone else, which is great, so I just want to say, keep at it and good work and such, I'll try out all the ships when I can and probably make some of my own.

Also, unstickying, since it's not really important.
AlphaDetisMegas
Captain
Captain

Post by AlphaDetisMegas »

In pretty much the same situation, except that I only have access to a pc at college. My laptop broke, so I will be unable to use BSF or SM.
Only in weekends will I have access to a pc which can run BSF, so...
Nothing is forever. It can't be. 'Cause everyone changes.
Whether they want to or not, they need to change. Myself... Even you!
Bad Boy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Bad Boy »

Lucky for me, I got a call from futureshop today saying that my computer is back. With any luck I'll pick it up on Friday. They did an exorbitantly expensive backup, so there should be no delays for installing things, though I doubt I'll actually have time to do anything on Friday. Still, it mean I should be able to start on ships on the weekend.

ADM, sorry to hear that, hopefully computer breakdowns won't plague the rest of our team, and I hope you get yours fixed soon.
Water_and_Wind
Captain
Captain

Post by Water_and_Wind »

Good to hear BB, and ADM, I hope your comp gets fixed soon as well. There's been a lot of changes so when you get your computers make sure to get the latest metagame versions of BSF as well.
Metagame 2.0 calculator: [url]http://bsf_meta2_calculator.byethost17.com/index.php[/url]
Curvy Alien Fleet: viewtopic.php?t=4959
Thrusallanian Naval Database: Patrol Craft to Behemoth, support ships, stations, warp gates, everything.
http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic ... sc&start=0
Fleets of the Five States, get it here: http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1929
Bad Boy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Bad Boy »

Good news everyone, I've finally gotten my computer back.

Unfortunately, they couldn't back up my hard drive, and while this doesn't mean too much in the long run for me in BSF (since I have most of my stuff on another computer and uploaded my sprites folder relatively recently), it does mean that it'll take me a bit longer for me to get building and testing and such although really that's mainly cause I also have midterms and exams coming up :(
It also means I lost many thousands of lines of lua code and story writing (and for that matter lecture notes), but that's another issue altogether.