Azure Alliance Design Board

Crush the Coalition!
Water_and_Wind
Captain
Captain

Re: Azure Alliance Design Board

Post by Water_and_Wind »

Have you guys decided on a palette? I'm seeing the same shade of blue on most of the ships.
Metagame 2.0 calculator: [url]http://bsf_meta2_calculator.byethost17.com/index.php[/url]
Curvy Alien Fleet: viewtopic.php?t=4959
Thrusallanian Naval Database: Patrol Craft to Behemoth, support ships, stations, warp gates, everything.
http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic ... sc&start=0
Fleets of the Five States, get it here: http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1929
Corporal Jomn
Captain
Captain

Post by Corporal Jomn »

Well, I'm using CE's .ini, but officially, no. Also, I believe we should go for a Peithos (is that how you spell it?) like ship, protecting artillary ships while our cannon fodder attacks the enemy.

EDIT:
Another thing: We are trying to get a terran/utilitarian style for our ships and our color will be represented by the team stripes, like on CE's ships. If you don't have them, you can get them in the Alliance Data Archives -> Archive Packages/Misc Resources.
A gay as fuck girl and loving it.
████████████████████
████████████████████
████████████████████
████████████████████
Water_and_Wind
Captain
Captain

Post by Water_and_Wind »

For consistency's sake, we're going to need to decide ship size classifications so that one person's 'frigate' isn't the same size as another's 'battleship'. What we decide on is not that important, the only thing that matters is that we are consistent. Here's my personal suggestion:

<50: Gunship
[50,75): Corvette
[75, 100): Frigate
[100, 150): Destroyer
[150, 200): Cruiser
[200, 250): Battlecruiser
>=250: Battleship

Secondly, we need better defined ship roles, so we can formulate a battle strategy. We should establish an average speed for each role (fire support, flanking, tanking, etc) so to make sure our tanks and close range brawlers are faster than the fire support units and to minimize the speed difference between ships of the same role so as not to break formation and to be able to deliver a powerful alpha strike. If you have the chance to get on IRC, please think about these issues. I myself will get on IRC when I can.

Thirdly, we need some non-combat vessels with sensors, ecm and economic modules. The heavy civitech power core provides almost as much power as the light power core for much less mass, so consider using it. (the reduced mass of the civitech cores can go into extra armor around the core to make up for the civi cores' low durability).
Metagame 2.0 calculator: [url]http://bsf_meta2_calculator.byethost17.com/index.php[/url]
Curvy Alien Fleet: viewtopic.php?t=4959
Thrusallanian Naval Database: Patrol Craft to Behemoth, support ships, stations, warp gates, everything.
http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic ... sc&start=0
Fleets of the Five States, get it here: http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1929
Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

Water_and_Wind wrote:Thirdly, we need some non-combat vessels with sensors, ecm and economic modules. The heavy civitech power core provides almost as much power as the light power core for much less mass, so consider using it. (the reduced mass of the civitech cores can go into extra armor around the core to make up for the civi cores' low durability).
Don't forget the power restrictions - only 100 power from civitech cores can go to weapons. Modules don't count as weapons, but still.

Also, they're designed for civilian use, not military use. If you go around sticking civi cores in everything, I will start giving them more serious drawbacks.
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
Kal Adama
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Kal Adama »

I have a Colony ship, armed only with 4 flak-cannons, and heere she is....
SMscreen016.png
Here's your stats...
Size: 160
Mass: 11600/25600
Energy: 2000/2400
Section HP: 500
Speed: 2.11
Acceleration: 0.05
Turning: 0.63

Power Core
1x Ultra-Heavy

Propulsion
1x Heavy

Armament
4x CIWS Gun

Modules
1x Large Sensor Array
1x ECM Module
1x Colony Module
Doogie12
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Doogie12 »

Hey Kal, I think you should either leave the designing to us, or use this special Azure Alliance Standard Core
that I made. Also use shiny sections and try not to recolor sections. Use doodads instead.
Another thing, try to consult with the rest of us on the IRC as much as possible.
naysayers will be shot
Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

Yet again the Blue Team fails to comprehend the parts where I say ships that have sensors need to have parts that look like sensors. This is the third time I have had to state this in this thread. And why the fuck did you stick a large sensor array and an ECM array on a colony ship anyway? That's just daft.

I'd go with Doogie though. Your ships are, at this point, basically an eyesore.
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
Kal Adama
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Kal Adama »

Whatever. Nothing I make is good by your standards.
Last edited by Kal Adama on Sun Nov 07, 2010 4:47 am, edited 2 times in total.
Anna
The artist formerly known as SilverWingedSeraph

Post by Anna »

You can respectfully disagree all you like, it won't change reality any.

Good lord that thing is such an eyesore.
Founder and Event Coordinator for the BSF Beauty Pageant. Founder of the Pseudo-Chainship Project. Admin. Games Master.
Quality Control Enforcer
Gay cute girl and fucking proud of it.
Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

Anna wrote:You can respectfully disagree all you like, it won't change reality any.
QFT. Just sit your ships alongside any of the others your faction has made and you'll see what we mean.

Visual coherence is an important part of fleet design.
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ