3-State Task Roster

Boom baby!
STARSTRUCK

3-State Task Roster

Post by STARSTRUCK »

In order to maximize tactical diversity (and let everyone have a shot at controlling his own systems) I and a few other commanders have decided to organize the 9-commander Coalition into three battlegroups, each composed of three commanders.

Each battlegroup is comprised of a governor, an admiral, and a shipwright. They share the tasks for a small group of systems. The governor manages system economy and development, the shipwright creates and upgrades ship designs, and the admiral directs fleet movement and basically orders the other two around. The three need only agree among themselves unless something that involves the entire Coalition comes up, ex. a battlegroup becomes unable to protect itself, the AA displays a critical weakness, or the GM decides to throw a nasty NPC event at us.

In these situations, the entire Coalition will start bitching at each other and try to decide on a course of action. The CIC acts as a mediator when no conclusion can be reached, which is what I expect will happen.

Commanders who haven't offered their two cents on this matter can do so now. You can also offer task nominations for commanders. The sooner we're up and organized, the better.

Current Task Roster
Commander-in-Chief: STARSTRUCK
Acting Commander-in-Chief: Hades

Central Battlegroup
  • Shipwright: STARSTRUCK
    Governor: Cynsye
    Admiral: Hades
Eastern Battlegroup
  • Shipwright: Vidboi
    Governor: Silverware
    Admiral: Rugdumph
Western Battlegroup
  • Shipwright: Droid
    Governor: Da_Dooley
    Admiral: Orelius
If you want your position to be changed or added, just ask!
Rugdumph
Commander
Commander

Re: 3-State Task Roster

Post by Rugdumph »

Great organisation strategy, should give us a one up having the three groups often able to work independently. I doubt I'll be much of a good shipbuilder for the Coalition, although I'll still have a go before the game gets started (still good practice for the metagame after all), but I'd be happy in either of the governor or admiral positions.
"Damn hippies with their slippers and mesh bags looking for "adventure" or friggin' nerds who hasn't held anything but a microscope in their girly little hands. Such posers don't last long here." - Wolf (S.T.A.L.K.E.R.)
Silverware
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Silverware »

I think this will work quite well. Good leadership haha.
Da_Dooley
Commander
Commander

Post by Da_Dooley »

I could go with a governor position, as compared to some of the others, i would be a horrendous shipbuilder.
I'm still alive, motherfuckers.
STARSTRUCK

Post by STARSTRUCK »

Alright, I believe we can all agree on this plan. It's time to assign some posts: check the OP for the ones that I've already settled on.

EDIT: Now that I've given Hiant the boot, it's time to decide who will fill the final position. There are two options here: we can either accept CheesyErwin's defection from the other side or wait for somebody else to sign up.

Discussion about CE has been long and weighty, but summarily I can say this: CE is the only active shipbuilder on the AA side, but we don't really know if he's trustworthy.

On that note I've just received a PM from CE asking me to keep the defection attempt a secret. If CE is honest, we can also drop info about the defection to the AA to sow uncertainty amongst their ranks. Dick move, I know.

Or we can just wait, of course. Anything's fine.
Droid
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Droid »

Oh boy this means I'm going to have to come up with some more actually legal ships.
Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

I'd really rather you didn't lift CE from the AA, since they're bad off enough as is, unless W&W kicks things up to 11.

In any case once the game has actually started, defections will not be allowed, period.

Your options right now are kinda slim, but you might try talking to Orelius as he signed up for the AA but didn't make the cut and may not have noticed the CC recruitment reopening. He'd almostly certainly be a better choice than Destroyer. Even if I decide to lift Preacher's ban for stupidity, he's still a terribad choice for an admiral. Or anything for that matter.
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
Orelius
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Orelius »

Since I'm now here, I suppose I can fill in for the last spot.
Spoiler!
Atomic Avocado wrote:Think about section spam like this.
Congrats! Youve been promoted to head designer for a car company! Now for your first design are you going to cover the car in tires? In axles? In bumpers? NO! Your going design something that uses the right parts for the right places.
Orelius's Hopefully Decent Ships!
STARSTRUCK

Post by STARSTRUCK »

Hello, friends. Since I'll remain in Britain for a few more days and there's no guarantee I'll be able to get internet access during that time, you will answer to the Acting Commander-in-Chief until then.

You may call it a questionable decision. But I stand by it. The level of hatred and arrogance in that man rivals even mine. Try to listen to him once in a while.

EDIT: I'm back. Show's over. Everyone sit down.
Droid
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Droid »

and I still haven't fixed my PC's habit of spontaneously freezing (feels like hardware error?)...so yeah I can't quite make ships D: