co-ordination of the crimson coalition command centre

Boom baby!
vidboi
Tournamentator
Tournamentator

co-ordination of the crimson coalition command centre

Post by vidboi »

now with 25% more alliteration!

i was wondering how we should organise ourselves as a faction. there's two main options that i feel could work

1. a single faction, which each commander controlled a single aspect (e.g. economy, morale, combat)

2. individual factions acting together as a whole (e.g. each commander controls an entire faction separately, but we all work together for the same cause)

the first could be more powerful as it requires less bureaucracy, but could also face weaknesses in coordination of all efforts and a lack of diversity. the second could take more time and effort to organise, but could be more diverse and therfore more resistant
There is no OP, there is only more boosters...
Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Re: co-ordination of the crimson coalition command centre

Post by Arcalane »

Take in mind that the map is going to be fairly small compared to that of the "full" game, so you won't have much land to hold onto and profit from as it were. Take this into account before thinking of operating as seperate entities working towards the same goal... there might not be enough room for all of you to have your own systems.
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
vidboi
Tournamentator
Tournamentator

Post by vidboi »

hmmm that's a good point =/ a compromise of the two would be possible, but i think that could get overcomplicated. in a perfect world a completely democratic system for all parts of a single factions would be brilliant, but i think that would fall apart with communication issues =/
There is no OP, there is only more boosters...
Cynsye
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Cynsye »

Personally I think a hybrid of the two would be a better use of time, with all of us chipping in on the running and management of the "background" items such as economy, with a ship allocation for example to allow for "fleets" lead by individuals, or groups of individuals, to be formed. Of course deployment would be a group thing but fleet composition can be as the admiral wishes it to be.

Saying that though, if there is a lot of people the number of fleets would be limited. Performance and activity bonuses? :D

The advantage with this is that there's no danger of things tripping up to too great a degree should someone go missing for a while, though its added beaurocracy in essence.