Feedback for Abductroids goes here!
Sean 'th15' Chan
[img]http://img63.imageshack.us/img63/6344/bfbanner2vy5.gif[/img]
god froggy
Commander
Commander

Re: Abductroids Feedback

Post by god froggy »

Well I played the first 2 levels just to try and it's pretty great actually. I like the way the menus are built and it's got quite fast gameplay, which is how all good action games should be.

It's new, and it's very good. 9/10 from me! Good work!
SO I HERD U LIEK NOOBZ!?
M123
Captain
Captain

Post by M123 »

Awesome! :)

Nice effects, speedy gameplay and an upgrade system. Very nice.

Took me a few tries to get that last boss, but it was quite fun all the way through.
Imaillusion
Captain
Captain

Post by Imaillusion »

Old-school. Oh the memories... :P

I found that occasonally the controls get a bit unresponsive, i.e i'm on the right side of the map, I press left for half a second then press right to correct myself, but the ship would zip across the map and i'd collide into enemies when I don't want to.

Do you plan on adding more levels, more types of enemies, or just refining the game?
Those that live by the sword... get shot by those that don't.
god froggy
Commander
Commander

Post by god froggy »

Imaillusion wrote:I found that occasonally the controls get a bit unresponsive, i.e i'm on the right side of the map, I press left for half a second then press right to correct myself, but the ship would zip across the map and i'd collide into enemies when I don't want to.
I have got this on many games it's really annoying but what I think happens is the button "sticks". Not on the keyboard, but when you let go the computer/game doesn't register it. All you need to do it tap the offending button, that usually stops it.
SO I HERD U LIEK NOOBZ!?
Verminator
Captain
Captain

Post by Verminator »

I really enjoyed this one, it can get fairly challenging. However, I'd include a couple of extra music tracks. The one you have is charming at first but gets slightly irritating pretty quickly.

It's inspired by Defender, right?
I have to kill fast and bullets are [i]too slow.[/i]
Silverware
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Silverware »

Fairly good, short and definitely some interesting things in it, however the constant nagging to upload scores is a pain, could easily make scores only uploaded if you are on the infinite waves game type. That and there are often too few enemies on the screen at once to really make it fun past the first few minutes.

Still a good game, especially for the medium.
Imaillusion
Captain
Captain

Post by Imaillusion »

Playing it a bit more, I noticed a few more things:
-at times when there are only those yellow/orange enemies around, they're impossible to beat, unless you ram them. Maybe if a screen-clearing bomb weapon was put in, it could even things up a bit.
-Sometimes when I kill an enemy holding those little guys, they don't deploy their parachute, even though i've activated the skill that lets them
Those that live by the sword... get shot by those that don't.
Squishy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Squishy »

Oddly enough, I experienced perfect control response. Though sometimes I wished the ship stopped immediately when I let go of the movement buttons instead of sliding a few pixels before coming to a full stop from the momentum.

Suggestions:

-Tutorial needs to inform/demonstrate to players that they can swoop down to rescue the dropping hunams, allowing the player to reposition the hunams in more defensible positions. As well, I can abuse this to get an easy 1000x2 points every time instead of relying on enemy combo chains.

-The boss' red pillar attack needs an indication. It can be particularly random, and the persistent barrier that is left behind can become a major obstacle in some instances. It's beatable, but a fair warning ahead of this attack from the boss via sound or animation should allow players a chance to know when shit is about to hit the fan.

-More levels and enemy types would be nice. Consider having a superficial smarmy story along with the additional levels.

-Custom level/enemy editor?
Realism, seriously? It's a space ship game. Realism was thrown out the window a long time ago.
Admiral Patches
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by Admiral Patches »

Very classic, retro feel, not unlike Space Invaders. Smooth gameplay, but sometimes too much speed can put the ship into skids. Needs a few more levels and bosses and a sequel to complete it. Music is befitting. The above faults I advocate also.
Shipyard: Admiralty Shipyards
***Current Project***
BF-01 Paracelsus (Beam Fortress)