a conquered faction - acts as a vassal?

To keep locked threads from taking up the top spaces
Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Re: a conquered faction - acts as a vassal?

Post by Arcalane »

That's entirely up to the conqueror and the conquered to work out, again. An option for negotiation, but not something that will be forced as a kind of safety net.

Personally I'd not recruit them. You're just leaving yourself wide open for later betrayal/civil war/etc.
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
Preacher
Captain
Captain

Post by Preacher »

or the defeated player becomes a merc for higher? i agree these should all be options, not forced on players.

"I put no stock in religion. By the word religion I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called the will of god. I have seen too much religion in the eyes of too many murderers. Holiness is in right action, and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves, and goodness. " Kingdom of heaven.
Silverware
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Silverware »

Im guessing Arca won't want to have to deal with lots of little Mercenary groups as well as the big factions fighting every turn.
So I think, just like in RISK and all other TBS's when your dead, your dead.
You become a spectator, and unless one of your old planets rebel or gets freed, then your faction won't rise again.
Or just won't rise again full-stop.
Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

Preacher wrote:or the defeated player becomes a merc for higher? i agree these should all be options, not forced on players.
And guess what? They are.
Silverware wrote:Im guessing Arca won't want to have to deal with lots of little Mercenary groups as well as the big factions fighting every turn.
So I think, just like in RISK and all other TBS's when your dead, your dead.
You become a spectator, and unless one of your old planets rebel or gets freed, then your faction won't rise again.
Or just won't rise again full-stop.
And I'm guessing you completely failed to read all of the posts I've made explaining some of the options.

In any case this is going in circles despite having already been resolved. Closing notes;

• There are many options for survival of a faction
• The return of a faction is even a possibility in the right circumstances
• Not all of these options will be openly laid out in the rules
• You must be willing to enact these measures yourself

Thread locked.
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ