No
100%

Total votes: 11

h3ndy
Ensign
Ensign

NUD - Suggestions and requests

Post by h3ndy »

Hey first i want to say, that NUD is the best TD i`ve ever got into my fingers :D
Keep up good work Buddy :cool:
Now back to topic:
The speed with which the nuds shoot is higer -> slower, right? :?
It would be more logical otherway round tho.
Then i would like to have one long range tower.
To the shrapNUD :
It fires in all directions and hits ca. 13 %. That`s to less.
It would be cool when it shoots like a spray -> not 360° but 60°-90°.
And there are missing "upgrade ways" for the NUDs.
e.G.
Adjacent and direct.
Adjacent increases the adjacent bonus great, but direct values only small.
That could be done with range, multi-hit, CRT, projectiles/shot(shrapNUD)
or Splash.
Thanks for reading. And i`m ur biggest fan :D
Last edited by h3ndy on Mon Nov 02, 2009 4:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Anna
The artist formerly known as SilverWingedSeraph

Post by Anna »

Welcome to Wyrdysm.

Were it within my power to do so, I would reduce your fingerbones to splinters to spare myself from having to read your horrible butchering of the english language ever again.
Founder and Event Coordinator for the BSF Beauty Pageant. Founder of the Pseudo-Chainship Project. Admin. Games Master.
Quality Control Enforcer
Gay cute girl and fucking proud of it.
Nyme
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Nyme »

The language is indeed horrible, and you could separate the suggestions from each other with blank lines. But let us concentrate on the suggestions:

- No idea what you're talking about in the speed thing. Try to explain that a bit more.

- Long range nud is coming, as you can see in the "NUDNUDNUD"-thread:
th15 wrote:-New NUD type: OrbNUD, these nuds fire an energy ball that explodes on contact, damaging all nearby invaders. The size of the explosion starts off small, but grows as the orb passes over NUDs. Therefore you need to place OrbNUDs at the back of your formation.
- The Shrap is indeed underpowered right now, and it has been discussed. In previous versions it worked like you described (around 60 degree angle), but it was overpowered then. A bit wider angle might be a solution, as would be a different balancing on the Shrap as it is now. I'm not sure if th15 has some plans for the Shrap.

- Judging from your example, by "upgrade ways" you propably mean having two or more paths for high-level nud upgrades. This will also be added in the game, as stated in the other thread
th15 wrote:-Planned new upgrades for each nud type. Each nud will have 2 tier 4 upgrades to choose from.
the mulletron
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by the mulletron »

First off, I'm going to have to mirror what the other two have said, your english is appalling, though it would be excusable if english wasn't your native language. Either way, you need to touch up on english grammar because I can barely make out a word you're saying.

As for the suggestions (at least for the ones I can make out), they have already been discussed elsewhere. I would recommend reading the other threads in the forum before creating your own.

And on a side note, that poll (apart from being as illegible as the rest of your post) is completely pointless, since suggestions are the sort of things you discuss, not vote upon.
h3ndy
Ensign
Ensign

Post by h3ndy »

Well sorry for hurtinng your eyes with my bad english :?
However it isn`t my native language and it was nearly 12PM

The speed thing i meant is, that the Speedindicator of a NUD is showing a number.
The lower the number is, the faster the NUD shoots.
For me it would be more logical to indicate the speed as Shots per minute
So the realization with brain by yourself would be easier, because it is easier to round. :D

Thanks for the warm welcome Anna and thanks for the information Nyme. :)
Now i can`t await the next nud version :cool:
Superpsychol
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by Superpsychol »

It doesn't matter if it was 12 PM or any other hour, nor does it matter if you were learning english since you were a child or not - it simply is easier to answer you if it's easy for us to read your messages.

I don't think there's a need to change "speed" value - you can basically treat it as a reload time, and that way it's a lot easier to see how often your tower will shoot, and things like "shots per minute" are good only if the game is about action instead of planning, or if you are forced to provide ammunition for towers.

There might, or might not, be upgrade paths in the future, but mind you, if there are branching upgrade trees then the bonuses given by each tower would have to differ and balancing it might not be the easiest task (of course even if it'll be unbalanced at first it can still be fixed, but it's nicer to have a game that isn't unbalanced to begin with).

Also, if it's about ShrapNUD then I think that while clearly underpowered in general, there are still situations in which I prefer to use them comboed with LancerNUDs because they gave the highest damage per credit spent - it mostly happens whilst I defend against later waves on the survival mode.
Yet, if I were to make them balanced I would've either made them fire in a 180 degree arc centered at a creep (that way more bullets will hit), or slightly increased the area they can exist within without perishing and made them bounce of that boundary so they become a trap of a sort.
h3ndy
Ensign
Ensign

Post by h3ndy »

ok, first i want to excuse me to everyone for this topic.
While playing NUD at 11PM, i got the feeling, that some things might fit in the game well, so i posted them here.
But after reading every post in this NUD forum, i saw that everything was discussed before :o
BTW: have u got the same smiey error?
Everyone has a black thing around his yellow head.
Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

It's not an error. The black rings are there to make them stand out better.
h3ndy
Ensign
Ensign

Post by h3ndy »

yes, but for me it`s not a round border, it`s a black square around them.
Now fixed, a firefox addon blocked the transparency :)