NUD Balance?

NUDNUDNUDNUDNUD

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Nyme
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Nyme »

Time for a deeper analysis.

Lances are now definitely more balanced according to their cost. Just one question: doesn't their crit cause more piercing anymore? I mean, I just looked at it and saw that normal shots hit three or four creeps, but crit shots don't hit any more than this. Wouldn't it be better for crits to hit more enemies, to make Lance stand out even more? This would also make the warp-giving-crit-chance an usable combo, since now it's just better to surround the Lances with Glows to get constant DPS increase (or Monos so the supporting turrets can actually shoot something).

Shraps are still a bit underpowered. They're better than what they were in the previous version, but I feel they still don't live up to their cost, even when placed in an ideal place with three firing directions, shrapnel-blocking turret walls and a Warp nearby. It's a Nud which only functions well in very limited places: it should at least function more efficiently in there than a pair of Trinuds.

This is most likely due to their low accuracy. Even though the shrapnel do very high damage, it doesn't help if a creep is damaged only once or twice while passing through the turret's firing area.

The positive is that I couldn't beat my Lance maze with just Monos/Glows.
The Boz
Captain
Captain

Post by The Boz »

Let's have a breakdown, then:
Mono: If only they weren't so damn inaccurate... Nearly useless against the fast guys, in mazes with a whole lot of turns, and in conjunction with Warps. Worth it only for the buff they give to the Glow, Lancet and Shrap. If only there was something to increase their accuracy, or if they had a weaker damage with some kind of AoE...
Glow: Completely in love with them. Sickeningly effective when surrounded by Monos or Warps or Lancets.
Warp: This thing is sweet! Seriously sweet! And the crit bonus it gives is AWESOME!
Lancet: The new Lancet is perfect. Excellent damage, excellent range... But one thing I'd change is their upgrades. Lower the damage the upgrades give them and increase the piercing. Those chain-invaders are too strong against Lancet firing lines, as they absorb everything...
Shrap: First I thought it was useless again. Then I learned it wasn't useless. But it's still grossly overpriced for what it gives, and it's damage varies too wildly. I wish it did much less damage but with much more shrapnel, so it could hit something with some kind of dependability.
MAKE LOVE, NOT SPAM!