NUD beta build

NUDNUDNUDNUDNUD

Moderators: th15, Moderators

TheBlueEcho
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by TheBlueEcho »

I must say I'm enjoying this game very much. :) Please continue with the releases.

So far all seems good.
FIREST0RM000
Captain
Captain

Post by FIREST0RM000 »

Nice update :D very enjoyable.

small thing about the high scores: there are a fair number of ties, but the places fail to reflect that. I think the numbers on the side need to be adjusted to show ties. I for example am tied for third somewhere, but it shows me having the fourth highest score.

Edit: it tells me that I'm banned from the high scores list. what is it now?
Bad Boy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Bad Boy »

It's gotten great, and looks like it'll only get better, excellent work.

My only complaint is that I seem unable to not upload high scores (there's no cancel or 'x' button, only 'okay'), and when I upload them, I get an error message (of course that might be because I'm not typing in a name). Fortunately I can ignore the error message so it's fine for playing.
BoVinE
Commodore
Commodore

Post by BoVinE »

This is pretty fun! #1 on keyhole, only lost two lives!
Forgetting internet deadlines since 2003
lightstriker
Commodore
Commodore

Post by lightstriker »

for normal levels, are you scored on how many lives you've lost, or does that have no bearing?

also, if it is based solely on how many resources you own, I would turn off selling of nuds on the last round, for reasons that... should be apparent (for example, if you were on the last round, you could just sell your entire maze and let all the nuds through :) )
th15
Administrator

Post by th15 »

Currently lives have no bearing, eventually they will factor into the score.

Score is calculated by amount of resources in hand + sale cost of all nuds so it's redundant to sell them off.

As for getting banned, do try not to refresh the page, that might be read as an attempt to duplicate the score by the game.
Sean 'th15' Chan
[img]http://img63.imageshack.us/img63/6344/bfbanner2vy5.gif[/img]
Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

lightstriker wrote:for normal levels, are you scored on how many lives you've lost, or does that have no bearing?

also, if it is based solely on how many resources you own, I would turn off selling of nuds on the last round, for reasons that... should be apparent (for example, if you were on the last round, you could just sell your entire maze and let all the nuds through :) )
Except most waves are big enough that you would lose if that were the case, twit. :?

More accurately you could simply sell large portions of your maze towards the end of the wave and just let the last one or two through, which would be far more effective if lives are counted.
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
Nyme
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Nyme »

th15, the link does not work. It still points to NUDv004.zip. I got the newest version by changing the address manually to NUDv004a.zip.
th15
Administrator

Post by th15 »

Err I meant that I updated the links on the first page and all, which link did you click on?
Sean 'th15' Chan
Nyme
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Nyme »

In your post you said "Updated the link above.", so I thought you updated the link you gave for v004 in your post (which was above that post). Yeah, the main page link works.
lightstriker
Commodore
Commodore

Post by lightstriker »

Actually, I believe nud waves are ~20 nuds long, so... yah
But you could wait till the wave is 1/2 way over

...or at least you could if it actually mattered :) which it doesn't apparently.
Glad to hear it th15
Lord-General Thunder
Commander
Commander

Post by Lord-General Thunder »

FIREST0RM000 wrote:Edit: it tells me that I'm banned from the high scores list. what is it now?
You're Firest0rm. What did you expect? :P
[img]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c348/DraTuicichNovae/BLANKcopy-6.jpg[/img]
th15
Administrator

Post by th15 »

New Version Released
Download here: http://www.wyrdysm.com/games/NUDv005.zip
Hello guys, just put up a new version that prevents most exploits and cheats. It also provides statistics about your NUD performance, allowing you to fine tune your maze to perfection.

Mononud upgrades are also more expensive, this makes it less viable to use only mononuds for a level.

Changelog
v0.05
-Added NUD stat tracking and display. NUD killcount, accuracy (% of targets hit over shots fired) will be displayed when you select NUDs. Holding down the K key will show the relative number of kills each NUD has. This allows you to see which of your NUDs are performing poorly. you can press k to display kills graphically.
-Improved target tracking when targeting invaders affected by warp NUDs. Also reduced the force of the warp NUD effect but increased its duration. Overall the Warp NUD should be more effective.
-Added resource rate and interest rate display in the resource tooltip
-reduced base interest rate slightly.
-Improved nud aiming algorithm, making them more accurate
-Duonud and Trinud costs increased slightly
-Added anti-juggling code
-refund value of nuds reduced to 0.5
-fixed the highscore dialogue box
-wiped the highscores
-fixed another bug with highscore submission
Sean 'th15' Chan
Nyme
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Nyme »

Very nice update. I found the accuracy display extremely handy when determining how much shots Shrapnuds waste, and how many creeps Lances hit on average.

You increased the range bonus Lances give, but didn't mention it in the changelog.

I have yet to test the anti-juggling system.

Edit: tested, the sold-rebuilt nuds let the creeps go through them for some time. Not a bad idea.
Atilla
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by Atilla »

Firstly, nice game, th15.

Secondly, I'm glad to see that you've improved warps and made duonuds/trinuds more expensive... going through normal mode in the previous version, I found that using only mono/duo/trinuds seemed to work considerably better than trying to use warps or lances, and took much less forethought and planning. It might also be a good idea to up lance damage a little, particularly on the upgraded ones... but I'll try the new version first and see how it goes.