NUD beta build

NUDNUDNUDNUDNUD

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Squishy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Squishy »

I found the Orb Nuds to be excellent 'build-up' punches for taking out the bosses.

Edit:

With that in mind, it would make a 'hold-fire' function very desirable for the Orb Nuds.

Perhaps the ability to click on creeps and have Nuds prioritize that target.
Last edited by Squishy on Fri Jan 09, 2009 12:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Aaganrmu
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Aaganrmu »

Maybe Orb and Shrap can be combined, so the Shrap slowly increases the amount of Shrap it will fire in the next shot, untill it actually fires. That way it can store damage like the Orb did, making it an excellent last line of defence weapon, and still have the coolness of the Shrap.

One little question about the creep balancing-algorithm used in survival: can it be that letting some creeps through at early levels makes the game lots easier? That would open up some interesting tactics for getting as far as possible.
Skasi
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Skasi »

How about making the Orbs shots patrol within the radius of the nud not tracking creeps at all? That would make them useful for curves and stuff like that.

You could also make it so that both, the orb and the sharp, give their new shots to other nuds of the same kind, if they are already at full charge.
Or how about giving both of these nuds an unlimited amount of charges and additionally increasing the time it takes to generate one by 10 for each existing?
The shots accuracy can increase with the time to the last shot, so charging increases the power of this nud again as an act of balance. (the dps for the nud would decrease with charging, as it reloads slower the more charges it has)
Da_Higg
Captain
Captain

Post by Da_Higg »

I wrote:Everytime I try to download it throws up a 404 error
Quoting this because I still can't download the current version.
Look Up
upon reading this:
50% of people will have scrolled up
25% will have looked at their ceiling
The last 25% can now feel smug because everyone else has taken orders from a little sig box.
Skasi
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Skasi »

Which link did you use? The one for version 0.02 does not work anymore, as far as I realized.
Try this one. ^^
http://www.wyrdysm.com/NUDv003.zip
Da_Higg
Captain
Captain

Post by Da_Higg »

Skasi wrote:Which link did you use? The one for version 0.02 does not work anymore, as far as I realized.
Try this one. ^^
http://www.wyrdysm.com/NUDv003.zip
It works!
Look Up
upon reading this:
50% of people will have scrolled up
25% will have looked at their ceiling
The last 25% can now feel smug because everyone else has taken orders from a little sig box.
SHAD0Wdump
BANNED

Post by SHAD0Wdump »

Skasi wrote: You could also make it so that both, the orb and the sharp, give their new shots to other nuds of the same kind, if they are already at full charge.
I like this,it would make the orb unique and cool,just have all orbs react with others and when a creep enters the range of one,all other orbs suck in their projectiles and launch them in a line towards the orb about to fire.
Then they get sprayed into the target.

That could have a nasty effect on balance,but it should solve the aesthetics problem your having.
th15
Administrator

Post by th15 »

New Version Released
Download Here: http://www.wyrdysm.com/games/NUDv004a.zip

Code: Select all

v0.04
-Increased interest amount slightly
-Lance nuds now have 200 range at all levels
-increased mononud range by 20
-Added a third quality level. now you can use lo, med or hi quality.
-Added pause key. Press P to pause the game
-Greatly increase performance when the game is accelerated by decreasing the draw rate
-Implemented new algorithms for creep balancing. Game should be more balanced now
Also, I implemented an online highscore system so you're now given the option of uploading your scores after a game. Normal levels are scored on how much resources your gained (including selling all NUDs). Survival is scored on the wave you were at when the game ended.

Clicking yes when the dialogue asking you if you want to upload your highscore will pop open your webbrowser to submit the score.
Last edited by th15 on Sun Jan 11, 2009 5:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sean 'th15' Chan
[img]http://img63.imageshack.us/img63/6344/bfbanner2vy5.gif[/img]
Nyme
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Nyme »

Great update! The Shrap seems useful, but there's still lots to figure out about that turret.

I'm also pointing out a bug in the highscore system. While going through the levels, it worked well for the first three levels or so, but after that, it wouldn't put my name on the list, just showing "no scores yet" or whatever the message was. I'm using Firefox if that helps you.

Edit: now it's functioning VERY bad. I got a message
"You have been banned from the highscore lists.",
and I did not cheat.
SHAD0Wdump
BANNED

Post by SHAD0Wdump »

Kinda annoying that the game Forces you to upload a high score.

I tried to restart the round and when the box came up there was no other obvious button to click on to tell it not to upload,then it failed to restart,instead dumping me on the title screen.
M123
Captain
Captain

Post by M123 »

Is there a way to view the highscore lists without having to complete a level of NUD?
Xenomath
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Xenomath »

Nyme wrote:Great update! The Shrap seems useful, but there's still lots to figure out about that turret.

I'm also pointing out a bug in the highscore system. While going through the levels, it worked well for the first three levels or so, but after that, it wouldn't put my name on the list, just showing "no scores yet" or whatever the message was. I'm using Firefox if that helps you.

Edit: now it's functioning VERY bad. I got a message
"You have been banned from the highscore lists.",
and I did not cheat.
Same thing happened to me, too.
Skasi
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Skasi »

I couldn't even upload my points at the end of the game. :P
It took me to the page, but didn't add any score.
th15
Administrator

Post by th15 »

I'm trying to figure out what's wrong with it, can you guys confirm exactly which ones don't work?

EDIT: Scratch that, figured out the problem. Putting up v004a now.
Sean 'th15' Chan
th15
Administrator

Post by th15 »

New Version Released

Quick bug fix, there was a problem with the highscore submission system. Updated the link above.
Sean 'th15' Chan