NUD beta build

NUDNUDNUDNUDNUD

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Artman40
Commander
Commander

Post by Artman40 »

I think sandbox should be made where damage done to creeps could be counted. Helps greatly for balancing all NUDs.
Beamnuds
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by Beamnuds »

It's not diminishing returns, it's constant returns. If it was 20% * 20% * ..., it would be exponential returns (like what happened to the normal scoreboards)
th15
Administrator

Post by th15 »

It's diminishing returns on the fire rate.
Sean 'th15' Chan
[img]http://img63.imageshack.us/img63/6344/bfbanner2vy5.gif[/img]
the mulletron
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by the mulletron »

To add my opinion about shrapnuds, they seem good in theory, but in practice they're pretty worthless. For starters, the random bullet spread means that its not guaranteed to hit anything when it fires, and the $600 price tag is very expensive (even in the late game), in fact you can buy a pair of lancetnuds or fully upgrade a mononud, and they are guaranteed to hit something when they fire.

Also the range bonuses are bugged for the shrapnud. When put beside a lancetnud, the range bonus seems to register, but the bonus isn't actually applied to the bullets themselves. They disappear before they actually reach the edge of their range.

EDIT: Oh, and before I forget, the normal, circular invaders have too many hitpoints in later stages (or to be more specific, about stage 50 onwards). No matter what way I set up my defenses, they just barge straight through them. I can pick one or two off from the front of the pack, but there is no way to prevent the bulk of the group from reaching their destination. They could probably do with lowering the degree which the normal invaders gain hitpoints in the later stages.
the mulletron
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by the mulletron »

First off, I will apologize in advance for double posting (I know how the mods frown on that sort of thing), but I want to ask how things are going along with NUD, since it has been over a month since the last update.

Now don't get me wrong, I'm not demanding a new version to be released, I'm just curious as to what's happened since the last update, and if you're willing to share the details, what you are planning to add into the next version.

Normally I wouldn't be so bold as to ask for news, but its gotten a bit too quiet around here, and I would like to have an idea of when my next fix of NUD is going to come.
th15
Administrator

Post by th15 »

Yea, i wrote the system for loading custom maps with custom NUDs, but I'm still working on the interface for it.
Sean 'th15' Chan
Alastair
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Alastair »

custom maps, custom nuds?! ooh where, ive been looking forward to it
Nyme
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Nyme »

How's the work on the next version proceeding now, ~3 months after the latest response?
th15
Administrator

Post by th15 »

Well I'm planning to submit NUD for IGF so I'll be putting stuff out soon.
Sean 'th15' Chan
Normandy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Normandy »

Adding the omnigun early this time around, eh?
[url=http://www.fallingsandgame.com/][img]http://www.gaussianstudios.co.cc/hosting/fsgbanneram3.png[/img][/url]

tl;dr-ers will be shot on sight.
[size=75][url=http://bsf.wikidot.com/]BSF Wiki[/url]
"I have measured your 'fun', and science has quantitatively rated it a three." ~Lord Tim (Data Realms Fan Forums)[/size]
h3ndy
Ensign
Ensign

Post by h3ndy »

Is there any progress?
lightstriker
Commodore
Commodore

Post by lightstriker »

anyone else find it somewhat awesome that the top 106 scores for Just Build on Normal are all 61618?
Surprised that using glow nuds was actually remotely viable. Although the fact that I actually deoptimized my maze gives me hope that it's possible to do with one less nud, or a bit slower... hm..

edit: By the way, it'd really be awesome if there was some sort of post-game point breakdown. Saying how many points we have out of the maximum, and why [like, for example, how much money we lost on the sell value of ___ turret, how many lives we lost, how many turrets we sold "costing" us how much, etc.]
Imaillusion
Captain
Captain

High score tables

Post by Imaillusion »

Is it just me, or is it that getting past lvl 100 really difficult with the current version? At the moment, i'm struggling to even get into the lvl 80's, and then when I look at the high score tables, pplz are getting to lvl 150+. When I look at the dates that those scores were posted, it's pretty obvious that they were made with eariler versions, versions which, from what I've seen, are a lot more easy to score with. I think it's unfair to other people who didn't get those eariler versions, and have to play the current version of NUD to post a high score, where it's a lot harder to get a high score.

Maybe in the highscore table, there is another coloum which shows what version that person was using when they posted that highscore. That way, it's fairer for people who have to play the harder versions of NUD, and it lets them compare their scores to other people posted a high score with the same version of NUD
Those that live by the sword... get shot by those that don't.
Nyme
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Nyme »

You cannot submit scores with another version than the current one, and I think the scores made with earlier versions were cleared. At least this was the case a while ago, unless someone has hacked the game.

Edit: and unless they were not deleted. Can't really remember if that happened with the latest version.

To reach level 100+ you'll need to surround fully-upgraded Warps with fully-upgraded Glows to boost their firerate. The creeps travel REALLY slow after that, giving you time to bash them with Lances, for example. After discovering that trick, it's just a matter of maximum placement of Warps and the damage turrets.