Request thread

NUDNUDNUDNUDNUD

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Beamnuds
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Request thread

Post by Beamnuds »

#1: some way to speed up time even more (maybe in options, or a different key, or something)
#2: a nud that's useful in places that are far away from monsters (should be a weak nud, or an expensive one, or have a nerf in some way)
#3: a sandbox mode (maybe)

In gameplay, I see that each nud has its own unique niche except for shrapnel. It can't hit big monsters, it can't hit fast monsters, it can't hit bosses, and lancets take out mini-monsters far more effectively. It also weakens mazes by not boosting nearby nuds, and the 180 degree restriction forces you to add more squares for monsters to traverse and less squares for nuds.

It's up to you what you want to do with it (boost it, remove it, leave it).
TheBlueEcho
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by TheBlueEcho »

A Sandbox/Custom Stage Mode sounds nice.
Slayer0019
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Slayer0019 »

The problem with the current version of the shrapnud is the way it deals damage. It's spread I still haven't figured out, and It has a really hard time hitting anything. In an older version, I forget which, it was like a shotgun spread pattern, which worked great in tight quarters and did enormous damage. Now I don't even use it.

It needs a cone spread. The current thing doesn't work.
Got Steam?
Join the official BSF Steam group today!

[img]http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z148/JohnDG/sig-1.png[/img]
TheBlueEcho
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by TheBlueEcho »

So, A sharpnud that acts Like a Lancet, Only it fires shrapnel spray down a path of invaders?
Warpman
Commander
Commander

Post by Warpman »

1 sandbox
2 missile nud
3 a way to make shrap fire only 90' at some angle (we set it)
SHAD0Wdump
BANNED

Post by SHAD0Wdump »

SHAD0Wdump wrote:Might I suggest a 'gameplay tweaks' menu?

In this you could make a whole bunch of various minor gameplay changes to suit your wishes,of course... Having any of these active will invalidate your high score submission.
I stand by this request.
Nyme
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Nyme »

Slayer0019 wrote:The problem with the current version of the shrapnud is the way it deals damage. It's spread I still haven't figured out, and It has a really hard time hitting anything. In an older version, I forget which, it was like a shotgun spread pattern, which worked great in tight quarters and did enormous damage. Now I don't even use it.

It needs a cone spread. The current thing doesn't work.
The previous thing was overpowered exactly because it did enormous damage with its shotgun spread, and you could spam the turret in just about every corridor. The current thing is underpowered, and that can be fixed by other means than changing the 360 degree firing angle. More projectiles, or a bit homing projectiles, or something like that. A way to boost the accuracy and thus its now-low DPS.

I'm suggesting a level editor along with a sandbox mode.

I'm also suggesting you make critting Lances pierce through more enemies.
the mulletron
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by the mulletron »

There are a few things I would like to see within the next release:

- I would recommend some sort of artillery nud for the sixth nud. It should have a very long range or be able to hit any target on the screen, firing a slow moving bullet at the invader's last location causing area-of-effect damage which damages all invaders caught within it. It's a classic amongst tower defense games.

- Some sort of target prioritization for nuds (e.g. glownuds attack fast invaders, mononuds attack large invaders, etc.) Perhaps some way of setting these prioritizations yourself.

- Some sort of third upgrade level which gives the nud some extra functionality instead of just the standard stat boosts. I have a few ideas for these upgrades...
  • Trinud > Chainnud - Fires a continuous spray of bullets. Slightly inaccurate.
  • Beamnud > Teslanud - Same as Beamnud, except it hits up to two or three invaders nearby the target invader and/or stuns the target invader causing the invader to stop moving for a few moments.
  • Phasenud > Slownud - Same as Phasenud, except that it permanently lowers the speed (by 0.05 - 0.1) of any invader that enters its radius. Does this only once per Slownud.
  • Lancernud > Lasernud - Fires a beam that hits all invaders within range of the nud.
  • Scatternud > Shardnud - Fires a single bullet that explodes into dozens of shards upon contact with an invader.
The idea behind these upgrades is to aid in crowd control in the late game (where invaders are coming thick and fast). Of course these upgrades would be expensive, but IMO they'd definitely be useful.

- Use a context menu for upgrading and selling instead of selecting an option from the bottom of the screen.

- Rebalance the shrapnud. Its almost worthless at the moment (especially considering the price tag).
Superpsychol
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by Superpsychol »

I don't know whether this is a good idea or a bad one, but wouldn't it be better to change ShrapNUDs into low-range, slow-firing NUDs similar to MonoNUDs, but with splash damage, or creating damaging particles in the place ot hit?

What I mean is, it would be a good way to eliminate randomness, or at least decrease it a little, and it'll have it's place in the game (it won't become an uber-NUD due to the low range).

Also, I think that the possibility of upgrading NUDs further, either the way 'the mulletron' suggested, or just by adding another tier (or tiers), would be a good one - nevertheless it'll be mostly used in the survival mode (it can also be set to only work in that mode), so it won't break the balance.
Twi
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Re: Request thread

Post by Twi »

Hmm... Not sure if this is the best place to post this but there's not much about this little game in general.
WaveNUD: Fires a wave of some width at opponents. This wave spreads apart as it travels and is reflected by NUDS and refracted (bent) by creeps. Each time a portion passes through a creep, said creep is damaged. Since only basing its lifespan on enemies would allow it to more or less live forever, it should be limited by travel distance or time. As such, open space is not good for them, but they can be very effective in crowded mazes where they can hit creeps over and over again. Will have to be balanced, and probably nearer to the high end.

AmplifierNUD: No, not a support NUD. This amplifies (increases damage and special effects) shots that pass through the radius. Useful for improving 'killzones', if you have them. I don't believe many do, but it could be interesting.

ShockwaveNUD: Good old shockwave turret. Think like the WaveNUD idea, but in 360 degrees.

TorpedoNUD: Artillery piece: Long range, slow fire rate, takes some time to get to the target location, AOE on impact. Here's the best part: The farther the projectile travels, the more damage it does. Might be micromanagable to auto-fire on a location.
---
Mostly, the TorpedoNUD-adds a little flair.
Anna
The artist formerly known as SilverWingedSeraph

Re: Request thread

Post by Anna »

Nice job necro-posting in a two year old thread. Real nice job.

(Don't do it again.)
Founder and Event Coordinator for the BSF Beauty Pageant. Founder of the Pseudo-Chainship Project. Admin. Games Master.
Quality Control Enforcer
Gay cute girl and fucking proud of it.