Any sci-fi fans in the house..... duh. ; )

For everything else. Video games, music, movies, sports, you name it.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Triple-F
Ensign
Ensign

Any sci-fi fans in the house..... duh. ; )

Post by Triple-F »

I realise this will come off as a bit spammy, especially for a first post. But if your a sci-fi fan, budding artists, 3D modeller and especially a B5 fan, your going to like this. ; )

After contacting Ron Thornton, to find out who designed one of the ships on Babylon 5, one thing led to another, and a quick exercise in learning how to code up a web page turned into a unique reference site 5 years, 15 FX artists and one producer later.

It’s not going to stay online forever, It was just a hobby, a one off, so I made it downloadable for anyone to keep – no strings, popups, adverts or anything else attached. Just a lot of previously unreleased production concept art along with some pretty frank, revealing, wide ranging and occasionally funny interviews from the ground breaking FX artists who worked on B5 . . . . . . . a few Star Treks, Firefly, the new BSG and a couple of Stargates.

It focuses more on the artists, the art and the technology. Steve Burg (who recently designed the Prometheus for the Ridley Scott movie) described what we talked about as the most in-depth examination of his methodology and approach to design ever carried out. Which, considering Steve’s career, came as a bit of a surprise.

This is legit, but if your thinking this is a bit iffy and sounds too good to be true, do a google on B5Scrolls or take a look at the facebook page set up last year to let folks know about it, before the site is taken down.
http://www.facebook.com/B5Scrolls

This is the link to the actual website.
http://www.themadgoner.com/B5/B5Scrolls/B5Scrolls.htm

Basically, with the download, I’m just making sure all that work – and the information the site contains which can’t be found anywhere else – doesn’t just disappear like a fart in the wind when it’s inevitably taken down.

Cheers
Anna
The artist formerly known as SilverWingedSeraph

Re: Any sci-fi fans in the house..... duh. ; )

Post by Anna »

This thread is, in fact, really spammy for a first post. If you've no intention of participating in the (dead) community here and just came to tell us all about this thing, I honestly should probably just delete it, but I'm gonna give you a chance because... like I said, this place is pretty dead, so it's not a big deal, and this seems like something that some people here would maybe be interested in.
Founder and Event Coordinator for the BSF Beauty Pageant. Founder of the Pseudo-Chainship Project. Admin. Games Master.
Quality Control Enforcer
Gay cute girl and fucking proud of it.
Ristyo
Captain
Captain

Post by Ristyo »

I think this thread belongs in the "Off Topic" subforum.
The Comerlian Family

Dammit, didn't realize Starsector is really hard.
Anna

Post by Anna »

It definitely does. Moved.
Founder and Event Coordinator for the BSF Beauty Pageant. Founder of the Pseudo-Chainship Project. Admin. Games Master.
Quality Control Enforcer
Triple-F
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Triple-F »

Mate. In all honesty your being given something for free with no hidden motives behind it which, if you read through it, is the sort of thing a lot of people would love to have. Delete the thread if you want. I find it strange that on the web the only way to let folks know of something like this is by sharing it, but by doing that your somehow being a nuisance in the eyes of some. Though most appreciate the effort. ;)
Anna

Post by Anna »

Which is why I didn't delete it, but hey, signing up to a forum and posting with the sole purpose of advertising a thing is like the definition of spam, and very clearly against the rules of this forum! I am letting it slide for all the reasons you said, so no need to get defensive.
Quality Control Enforcer
-Desert-
Captain
Captain

Post by -Desert- »

...Not to mention that some of the artwork could end up being used as inspirational stuff. It's just that you'd expect someone to post something related to the game itself before making something off-topic.
Quite frankly I wonder why I ever began making ships for this. You see, my work never becomes quite as good as I feel it deserves to.
Danny420Dale
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Danny420Dale »

Cool subject matter, but it being a first post did come across a bit spammy. Keep in mind some of us might already be Babylon 5 fans.
-Desert-
Captain
Captain

Post by -Desert- »

Consider me one. Those things look reeeeaally good.
Quite frankly I wonder why I ever began making ships for this. You see, my work never becomes quite as good as I feel it deserves to.