Weapon for the zombie apocalypse?

For everything else. Video games, music, movies, sports, you name it.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

delta-7
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Re: Weapon for the zombie apocalypse?

Post by delta-7 »

survival rifle convertible between .22 rifle ammo and 20 gauge buckshot and slugs. SKS battle rifle with iron sights and carrying strap. MTE 224 VA pistol with fore grip, 26 round mag, and holographic sights. FN five-sevenN with silencer and laser aiming device. L2A3 with 68 round magazine. .45 1911A1 pistol. NRS scouting knife/ firearm. type 67 flamethrower.
-Desert-
Captain
Captain

Post by -Desert- »

2 rifles and..6 pistols?

Alright, the SKS is fairly small, but aside from that, you have to carry ammo for all 6 pistols.

Oh right and a flamethrower. Of all things I wouldn't take the flamethrower isn't far from the first place. They're heavy, have limited range and need a lot of fuel to be somewhat effective. Instead you could be carrying more ammo, more sights or another weapon!

What I do like is that your weaponset is varied. I don't know that much about guns but the 1911A1 is very useful in those split seconds you have when a zombie grabs you to kill it.

Maybe you will want silencers. I'm not familiar with survival rifles but 20 gauge buckshot? Doesn't that make a lot of noise? Aren't you supposed to hide from zombies until you want to kill them? :P

Sorry, I'm just being my nerdy self today :|
Quite frankly I wonder why I ever began making ships for this. You see, my work never becomes quite as good as I feel it deserves to.
STARSTRUCK

Post by STARSTRUCK »

Dude.

If he had like a BigDog, or an F-150, or the Flextrek Whipsnake, he could totally carry all of the guns.

He wants to have all of the guns. Let him carry all of the guns. All of our holo sights and plastic MAGPUL tumors. Ever.
-Desert-
Captain
Captain

Post by -Desert- »

Alright, sorry. I'll just forget that he will be carrying a fuckass huge amount of weight.
Quite frankly I wonder why I ever began making ships for this. You see, my work never becomes quite as good as I feel it deserves to.
CryoSleep
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by CryoSleep »

He's gonna go hunting zombies, with that lot of guns he could clear a whole street with it and maybe make a little turf for survivors he find that still hasn't gone crazy in the head, and maybe name it to something like "Dogg's Stockade" and does a little routine of clearing out zombies so that zombies wouldn't be hard to clean up when they reach the fence, and then maybe add some generator that runs on wind and solar and a little server for the kids to go play around the net which they can program themselves considering you have genius programmer with you or a rocket scientist.
Damn :P
Creations
Cryoware Enterprises, where ideas go
Cryoware Heavy Yards, Heavy ships
Delphinus Gulf Wars (Formerly War for the Universe)
Coalition of Terra
Quote of the occasion: It takes one man to change the world
-Desert-
Captain
Captain

Post by -Desert- »

And they said I had too much fantasy...

Damn! :)
Happycake
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Happycake »

I would take a p90 with holo sight and hollow points. Good penetration and tissue damage, with a 50 round mag.

Or an Exitus rifle. That works too.
Look At Me Still Talking When There's Science To Do...
-Desert-
Captain
Captain

Post by -Desert- »

Where exactly are you getting the wooden bat from? I don't see it mentioned here. If you're replying to a post on another page, quote it. Please, it makes it a lot easier to keep track of what people say.

But, since you're posting it, I declare anyone who thinks a baseball bat - regardless of what material it's made - will help you when confronted with a horde of zombies a complete idiot.
jwa8402
Admiral
Admiral

Post by jwa8402 »

STARSTRUCK wrote:Fuck it, I'll post.

I'll take a Croon HS010. The only disadvantage I can think of is that I might sprain my thumb filling the magazines with whatever gun food they'd eat in real life-- likely .22LR.
I love the part where he thought he was switching to single fire mode... They should literally write that into Walking Dead. Also while watching the whipsnake, I lost it when they said 'humiliate the terrain'. Great skit.

You guys are going about it all wrong. Guns run out of ammo. That's assuming you hit anything. Swords, etc require close range which makes it easy to be surrounded and bogged down. For defending a base, I'd lay down thin razor wire. Punji stakes. Leg-breaker pit traps. Caltrops. Heck, some bear traps if they are handy! Remember that before long these will basically be rotting bodies if they aren't already so really wouldn't take much to rip off limbs. Wouldn't hurt to have some trained attack dogs, assuming the virus doesn't spread to animals.

Personally, this is where I would make my base. Old radar tower and air force base. Plenty of fresh creeks, deer and vegetation, and houses to scavenge. This is literally about how far it is from my house. Scale that zombie scum!

If I had to pick a sword, I'd go for a one of these beauties: Practically made for beheading. Not overly long, very quick on the wrist reversal. At under $200, they are dirt cheap for a quality sword as well.

For a realistic gun, someone mentioned a survival rifle that takes two ammunition. I would go with a Springfield m6. Breaks down to fit in a small pack. Fires two kinds of ammunition, .22 for hunting and shotgun for headshots. Ammo stores in the stock. Main issue would be that it isn't meant for sustained fire, but if you are doing that, you are doing something wrong.

Since rifles are loud, and I prefer them anyway, I would likely have a bow. I actually just picked up one of these on ebay. Recurve-compound hybrid. Smoothest shooter I've found for the power. Can be equipped with night sight.

Those are just off the top of my head as realistic choices that I would have anyway. Sadly stupid California law will soon make it so I can't have the springfield. May pick up the ginunting though.
-Desert-
Captain
Captain

Post by -Desert- »

Practically made for beheading. Not overly long, very quick on the wrist reversal. At under $200, they are dirt cheap for a quality sword as well.
Dang. I'd go for one of those if I had some space/place to keep one left. Not sure what kind of guns/bows/whatever I'd take though.