Custom sprite support pack

For everything else. Video games, music, movies, sports, you name it.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Zalausai
The Tutorialist
The Tutorialist

Custom sprite support pack

Post by Zalausai »

As anyone who has downloaded my ships with moving parts recently may have noticed.
I have been working on a new sprite set. Not particularly meant for sections, but instead with the purpose to look like doodads. When set to additive and given a fake aegis with additive blending, they can take the appearance of a "glowball" fairly well. They were created to counteract the error with doodad placement on moving sections and turrets.

I named it Zalausai FASDS (Fake Aegis Section Doodad Substitute).

The EoD Treachery uses them and only has one section that does not move. It has been tested in the sandbox, so I am confident that they work as they were intended. A download for Treachery will be made available when Emnity is done, totaling seven ships.

There are a few more available now (7 total), but I probably won't use them as often.
The question is, should I release them in my sprite work thread to make them more available to people?
Has written a series of tutorials for the newbies
Zalausai's Tutorial Index

Created: Elements of Discord, Heaven's Grace, and Hell's Last Battalion.

I stop in from time to time to check in on the community. Though I don't spend much time with shipmaker anymore.
Proud parent since: 8/15/2013 (Baby Boy)

Good shipbuilders never die . . . they just fade away.
Necrontyr1998
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Re: Custom sprite support pack

Post by Necrontyr1998 »

Well sure! we might want to use them ourselves, but if you want to release with your ships then that's entirely up to you.

Off topic:
I still need feed back on the recent Novian download plz :D
Deus Est Mechanicus

Owner of 'The Novian Empire', a Delphinius Gulf Wars faction.
Fleet Version 1.8 is finally available for download!
viewtopic.php?f=70&t=7081
Doogie12
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Doogie12 »

By all means, go for it.
naysayers will be shot
Zalausai
The Tutorialist
The Tutorialist

Post by Zalausai »

Then I will create three more, so there are at least ten of them. They will then be compiled into a zip file and uploaded. The preview image will be in the sprite work thread, but the download will be in the INI files thread. A link will redirect people to the proper thread. This way, they can be found through my signature and I won't lose track of where they are stored.
My internet will be available on wednesday, so I can use my own computer instead of the library or a smartphone.

As for Necrontyr, I cannot give feedback on DGW stuff until the Elements of Discord are complete (unless you want comments on aesthetics). I will then continue work on one of my DGW factions. I can't comment on balancing until my own ships are deemed balanced by the DGW GameMasters.
Has written a series of tutorials for the newbies
Zalausai's Tutorial Index

Created: Elements of Discord, Heaven's Grace, and Hell's Last Battalion.

I stop in from time to time to check in on the community. Though I don't spend much time with shipmaker anymore.
Proud parent since: 8/15/2013 (Baby Boy)

Good shipbuilders never die . . . they just fade away.