Second GSB Modding Contest

For everything else. Video games, music, movies, sports, you name it.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Pra3t0r5
Ensign
Ensign

Second GSB Modding Contest

Post by Pra3t0r5 »

Hi guys, a contest has been running in the Gratuitous Space Forums (http://positech.co.uk/forums/phpBB3/vie ... =23&t=6961), in it the modders make beasts using a pack of graphics that i've gave them, it is the Second Modding Contest in that forum, the objetive is to get hulls for a new mod, just like the success that was Praetorian Industries Mod (http://positech.co.uk/forums/phpBB3/vie ... =23&t=5698).

To the point, the First Modding Contest around half year ago went pretty good (for a forum that has no more of 20 fully active members usually) but this time i'm wanting to expand that a bit. There is one thing, the phase to submit new entries ended a week ago, but the voting phase just started, i'm wanting to expand that part to the contest to Moddb, letting to all of you to participate in the open voting of The Second GSB Modding Contest.

This is a request to post in this forum a mirror of the contest so all of you can give your votes (6 per user), so... i'm allowed to do it? and a second question, its the Wyrdysm community going to collaborate to give to these modders more motivation to make more great mods? =D
Bad Boy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Re: Second GSB Modding Contest

Post by Bad Boy »

I doubt he'd care much but you should credit Machine with creating the sprites you used instead of using them without giving credit. You should also have asked him for permission if you didn't do that in the first place but it's a bit late now I guess (you still should though, it's the decent thing to do).
Pra3t0r5
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Pra3t0r5 »

Credits have been given, many times. Many users, if not everyone in GSB forums know that MACHINE created the Bioship sections pack, and not me.

I'm just asking if you guys mind if i post a mirror of the contest here to let to all of you judge the entries giving your votes, before that, i want to know if you are going to spend 5 mins in this.
Bad Boy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Bad Boy »

Ah okay, that's fine then. I searched the first post for his name and didn't find it so I assumed you'd forgotten to give credit.
I doubt anyone will complain if you mirror it here and I doubt many will do much with it either. The forums are pretty much dead so it's more a matter of effort vs. reward for you than it is anything else.
But I may be wrong.
Pra3t0r5
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Pra3t0r5 »

Okay, i will make a new topic, delete this one if you want