Registration Captcha

For everything else. Video games, music, movies, sports, you name it.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Bad Boy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Registration Captcha

Post by Bad Boy »

So I've noticed a few spambots recently and I was wondering if the forum supports registration captchas. If so, it might be a good idea to enable them. I suppose it's not really a big deal as there've only been a couple bots, but I figured I should put the suggestion out there.
Anna
The artist formerly known as SilverWingedSeraph

Re: Registration Captcha

Post by Anna »

Thanks for your input, I'm sure we'll get right on that.

By the way, we used to have BSF related questions required to sign up. Very simple ones, but still BSF related. We got almost no spambots.

Guess what? th15 changed the forum to using recaptcha 3 days ago. 5 spambots since. Recaptcha and anything similar is fucking worthless.
Founder and Event Coordinator for the BSF Beauty Pageant. Founder of the Pseudo-Chainship Project. Admin. Games Master.
Quality Control Enforcer
Gay cute girl and fucking proud of it.
Bad Boy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Bad Boy »

I didn't know about the questions, either I'd forgotten or they just weren't here when I registered. That explains the previous lack of spambots as well as their sudden rise and it makes a lot more sense than my line of thinking.
Needless to say this isn't really my area of expertise so I didn't know that captchas were more or less useless. Thank you for the info though, it's probably worth knowing.
Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

He changed it to another one and I just had to take out another half-dozen. Image-based CAPTCHA systems are completely worthless.

Back to Q&A! I'm adjusting the questions a bit.
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
Bad Boy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Bad Boy »

Well I'm glad we won't get more spambots now; I guess the problem is solved. Thank you both.