Wyrdysm, what's going on?

For everything else. Video games, music, movies, sports, you name it.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Da_Dooley
Commander
Commander

Wyrdysm, what's going on?

Post by Da_Dooley »

What the hell, guys? I leave for a few days, and everything goes to shit! What happened to the CC and the AA duking it out in those matches we were talking about? Did the AA not submit enough ships? Does this mean that the CC wins by default? I mean, that was what was keeping everything afloat right now. With that gone... everything seems to be going down the toilet. I love this forum, I love the community (no homo, guys), and I love this game. Seeing it go down would be, well, depressing, to say the least.

I really, really don't want this forum to die.

Looks forlornly at beeping EKG monitor
I'm still alive, motherfuckers.
STARSTRUCK

Re: Wyrdysm, what's going on?

Post by STARSTRUCK »

'Sup Jim. It's dead, you know.

AA done goof'd up and didn't submit all three of their fleets on time. Suck, I know: I mean it was just fleet rosters. So the CC wins by default and I haven't a fucking clue what's going to happen next on these here forums.

...though more Spore Game is probably a given.
jwa8402
Admiral
Admiral

Post by jwa8402 »

Dude, I love your avatar...
Unfortunately the fatal wound seems to be the absence of Kaelis and th15. Of course the last time all the vets feigned disinterest and disappeared, we got a huge content update, but I'm not holding my breath. I'm frankly disappointed in some of those who left because they did so much with the original version, yet by comparison they hardly touched all the new stuff. Yes even our fearless leaders; you new guys don't even know till you go look at the shit they managed to create with 24 sections.

Even after playing bsf so much, and even with a full social life, I can't see putting away the game for good, so it baffles me that others do, but the reality is we are all pretty busy with real life. Best advice I can give is to keep building, and if the people who were driving stuff like the CC/AA thing disappeared, step up and take charge of it yourself. I know Arcalane at least is still prowling and has offered to create custom subforums and such, so theres no reason some new events or even old ones like tournaments and chain ships can't be run if you ask.

Personally I'd love to see everyone work to create a chainship style mothaship(yes with babypowder slapping action) then hold a tournament to take it down. Any number of things can be done.
kittenpillar100
Commander
Commander

Post by kittenpillar100 »

Actually th15 may not have dissapeared. a couple of days ago guess what I saw in the 'users logged in' bar, yup th15, and who knows maybe he has no time because he's doing something else; like making BSF2. But yes, kaelis is probably afk forever. :(
The forums are pretty much dead though.
I think the induction of "LOL" "OMG" and "<3" into the Oxford English Dictionary is a sign of the End Times. Only, instead of a rider on a pale horse, it'll be a gibberish-spewing spastic in a monster truck named "The Dildozer".
vidboi
Tournamentator
Tournamentator

Post by vidboi »

i've seen him online, although it seems to be only about once a week, so i guess he has very limited time to access a computer, or is tyed up with other things, which is a great shame =/

but... a while ago i did create a ruleset for a bsf tournament based on the meta 2 rules (but with more customisation). i could finish that and if there's any interest start a tournament, or even a "take down the mothership" or chainship style game
There is no OP, there is only more boosters...
Exethalion
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Exethalion »

The mothership games were really quite fun but I don't think we have the dedicated (read: interested) playerbase to run a successful event now. It all runs back to the absence of the developers. Wyrdysm was great fun whilst it lasted, but all good things must come to an end.
jwa8402
Admiral
Admiral

Post by jwa8402 »

On the other hand theres at least 15 people who have posted actively in this month and at least half of those at some point posted about wanting to revive the community in some way so...

Arcalane? Would it be ok for me to run something like that(ie chainship mothership bout)? Worst that can happen is it flops half way through like some of the other projects...
Da_Dooley
Commander
Commander

Post by Da_Dooley »

Well, guys, I'll admit that I know nothing about that mothership project, but I'm intrigued. Unfortunately, due to IRL reasons, I don't post/input/etc as much as I should (damn you, awesome school). However, since most of y'all seem to agree on such a thing, I would be interested.
@KP1K - There's always hope!!!
@SS - Your first line, was that a reference to how I made myself look like an ass and get slammed by Anna in the Clarent thread? (ah, the memories)
@Jwa - Thanks, I rather like it too.
I'm still alive, motherfuckers.
Corporal Jomn
Captain
Captain

Post by Corporal Jomn »

I still visit these forums now and then, and I don't have the heart to remove BSF from my hard drive. Honestly, I have moved on; Picture Wars and MSPA have my interest now. Still, I'd be up for forum shenanigans that don't require shipbuilding. ie: Metagame-style forum games.
A gay as fuck girl and loving it.
████████████████████
████████████████████
████████████████████
████████████████████
Serithi
Commander
Commander

Post by Serithi »

We definitely need more activity on here.
My voiceacting portfolio.
""Go solo into a hail of projectiles", they said. "You'll be fine", they said."
Anna
The artist formerly known as SilverWingedSeraph

Post by Anna »

Game's dead, forum's dead, don't like it? Do something about it. Invite friends, or share the game and forum details on other forums (Don't spam, though, otherwise I'll be displease), or what have you.
And who knows maybe he has no time because he's doing something else; like making BSF2.
Ahaha yeah no.
Founder and Event Coordinator for the BSF Beauty Pageant. Founder of the Pseudo-Chainship Project. Admin. Games Master.
Quality Control Enforcer
Gay cute girl and fucking proud of it.
Ggngunner
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by Ggngunner »

Meh, personally, I (and as I imagine, a fair number of people) would probably be quite willing to assist in organizing/running a meta-game sort of thing, or smaller event, yet, the key problem seems to be the lack of interest in such endeavors after their initial launch.

That being said, despite the hypocrisy nature of the statement, one of the key things is the inaction around most of the event organization.

Admittedly though, I would go right away to start one, but:
1. I don't know whether I'd get any people with sufficient interest.
2. I don't know where I'd post it details and whatnot.
tentionfree
Cadet

Post by tentionfree »

Even after playing bsf so much, and even with a full social life, I can't see putting away the game for good, so it baffles me that others do, but the reality is we are all pretty busy with real life. Best advice I can give is to keep building, and if the people who were driving stuff like the CC/AA thing disappeared, step up and take charge of it yourself. I know Arcalane at least is still prowling and has offered to create custom subforums and such, so theres no reason some new events or even old ones like tournaments and chain ships can't be run if you ask.
Usman Geeee.....