Making a BSF-inspired RTS, gibe stuff plx

For everything else. Video games, music, movies, sports, you name it.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

STARSTRUCK

Making a BSF-inspired RTS, gibe stuff plx

Post by STARSTRUCK »

You've seen this all before. Some established shipbuilder starts developing his own video game and starts nagging the community for sprites (or permission to use sprites). I too am starting a game project and would also like to grovel pathetically for resources. Would you entertain me?

The name of the game is Delta V, stylized as [Δv] whenever fashionable. The concept of the game is a chimera between Battleships Forever and Total Annihilation, executed in the isometric perspective. I realize that translating BSF into isometric is tantamount to ritual suicide, but would like to continue with it anyway to see how far I can go before I get too frustrated to push on.

In the game, a player starts off with nothing but a self-sustaining Command Module onto which he must tack modules of all sorts, such as engines, reactors, production buildings and weapons. From this mobile base, he must construct a varied fleet of strikecraft and other Command Modules to take down the enemy, who is (probably) trying to do the same.

My dev team consists of three people (a coder/graphics artist, a debugger, and a writer/unit designer) which is not a lot to talk about. We don't have anybody to do music, and I am really effing reluctant to do bullet/explosion/FX sprites. I mean, I take a lot of time as it is preventing the funky math shit from coming apart at the seams.

Here are some screenshots for the curious:

tl;dr Does anybody have some FX sprites or music? DARLIN' DARLIN' PLEASE
jwa8402
Admiral
Admiral

Re: Making a BSF-inspired RTS, gibe stuff plx

Post by jwa8402 »

oooh looks shiny! Sorry I'm not any good at creating that stuff but I look forward to seeing this develop.
Doogie12
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Doogie12 »

I have fast-paced-and-somewhat-cheesy music. Its not technically mine to distribute so I'll have to ask.
naysayers will be shot
Corporal Jomn
Captain
Captain

Post by Corporal Jomn »

You can find music on Newgrounds I think. This seems highly interesting.
A gay as fuck girl and loving it.
████████████████████
████████████████████
████████████████████
████████████████████
Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

cycerin (BSF forum acct.) might be able to help. He did some soundwork for BSF... off the top of my head I think he did most of the new heavy weapon sounds (r. arty, nukegun, vulcan, sabot, etc.) but I don't have a precise list.
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
STARSTRUCK

Post by STARSTRUCK »

Just in case y'all thought this shizzle was dead

Here's a couple screenshots showing a few new modules: ion thrusters, capacitators, fighter bays, and supply modules.
http://www.majhost.com/gallery/STARSTRU ... 000160.png
http://www.majhost.com/gallery/STARSTRU ... 000154.png

And here are some horrendously done recruiting posters for the game's three factions.
http://www.majhost.com/gallery/STARSTRU ... poster.png

I may be suffering from a little lack of momentum, but a listen or two of Gloria Gaynor's "I Will Survive" will psych me right up.