About Our Computers

For everything else. Video games, music, movies, sports, you name it.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

giygasruels
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

About Our Computers

Post by giygasruels »

Hello!
In this forum we can talk about our computers(about their parameters and etc :roll: .).
OK this is some info about my computer:
OS:Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit(Windows is the best OS :!: ,Microsoft ruelsXD)
Processor:AMD Atholn II X2 250 3GHz
4 GB RAM memory
Graphics Card memory:1,5 GB
memory card reader made by Modecom
0,5 TB HDD(500GB
Addnotation:this is one to the best computer in my class and in my life :D (this is my 2nd computer my 1st was VERY old and accidentally spoiled the operating system on my first computer :shock: )

Enjoy this topic!See ya!
Last edited by giygasruels on Thu Apr 15, 2010 11:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Battle Ships Forever is cool!
I'm fan of Nintendo games(Mario games,Kirby games,EarthBound,Sonic games) and I'm from Poland.
If tou are noob,Giygas will kill you!Błahahahahahahahaha!
Maart3n
BANNED

Re: About Our Computers

Post by Maart3n »

Mind you that graphics memory doesn't say shit.
And since you have windows 7 you have to detract 1gb from it 'cause it uses your RAM to add to your graphic memory.

That said:
windows 7 home 64bit(since I wanted the dx11) and xp(second HDD)
intel core i5 at 2.66ghz(quad)
Asus EAH5850 1gb(or 2.2 on windows 7)
3gb corsair dominator ddr3 RAM at 1600mhz
1250gb of HDD

And all that only uses 650w but that's just a small price to pay(for my parents) to have such awesome graphics.

For those of you that want their PC stats:
http://www.systemrequirementslab.com
AlphaDetisMegas
Captain
Captain

Post by AlphaDetisMegas »

Maart3n wrote:Mind you that graphics memory doesn't say shit.
And since you have windows 7 you have to detract 1gb from it 'cause it uses your RAM to add to your graphic memory.

That said:
1250gb of HDD

And all that only uses 650w but that's just a small price to pay(for my parents) to have such awesome graphics.

then I wonder what kind of Windows 7 version you have installed, maybe a mislabeled vista, or maybe its an conflict somewere, I have Windows 7 running on this piece of shit machine.
Intel(R) Pentium(R) D CPU 2.80GHz
CPU Speed
You Have: 2.80 GHz Performance Rated at: 3.36 GHz
RAM
1022.4 MB
OS
Microsoft Windows XP Professional Service Pack 2 (build 2600)
Video Card
GeForce 7300 LE
And yes, i'm dual booting, or wait, thats tri booting, for I have Ubuntu, XP and 7 installed on one machine.
And no Maarten, its not running like shit, its running as smooth as can be, so thats an invalid argument.

BTW get something non windows, solves all your graphics needs, yay for virus free and stable running OSés like Linux and Ubuntu.
Nothing is forever. It can't be. 'Cause everyone changes.
Whether they want to or not, they need to change. Myself... Even you!
Maart3n
BANNED

Post by Maart3n »

Let's just say I am 100% sure that it does that if you have enough ram(AKA above the requirements.)
And if I boot to xp it will tell me that I have 1gb of video ram instead of 2.2gb.

And well, I don't know any graphics cards with 1.5gb of ram.
Correction apparantly it does exist but you'll not get any computer with a 500gb hardisk and a 800dollar(or more) videocard.

And never said it wouldn't run...
And as far as I know ubuntu does not yet support dx11.
giygasruels
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by giygasruels »

AlphaDetisMegas wrote:
Maart3n wrote:Mind you that graphics memory doesn't say shit.

That said:
1250gb of HDD

then I wonder what kind of Windows 7 version you have installed, maybe a mislabeled vista, or maybe its an conflict somewere, I have Windows 7 running on this piece of shit machine.
Intel(R) Pentium(R) D CPU 2.80GHz
CPU Speed
You Have: 2.80 GHz Performance Rated at: 3.36 GHz
RAM
1022.4 MB
OS
Microsoft Windows XP Professional Service Pack 2 (build 2600)
Video Card
GeForce 7300 LE
And yes, i'm dual booting, or wait, thats tri booting, for I have Ubuntu, XP and 7 installed on one machine.
And no Maarten, its not running like shit, its running as smooth as can be, so thats an invalid argument.

BTW get something non windows, solves all your graphics needs, yay for virus free and stable running OSés like Linux and Ubuntu.
LOL you have 3 OS installed?I know this is possible(i know some things about computers,because I have 13 years old :P ) but enough only one(Windows 7 of course :D )
I'm fan of Nintendo games(Mario games,Kirby games,EarthBound,Sonic games) and I'm from Poland.
AlphaDetisMegas
Captain
Captain

giygasruels wrote: LOL you have 3 OS installed?I know this is possible(i know some things about computers,because I have 13 years old :P ) but enough only one(Windows 7 of course :D )
Yeah, I did so because for one, I game, and that means I need a windows OS, since its the ''gaming os'' which crashes all the time, due to instabilities, and I installed Windows 7 just because I felt like trying it out. Ubuntu's there because its the only system i can trust on not crashing randomly or getting a BSOD, And it also has way easier to modify and download programs than the above two.
M123
Captain
Captain

Post by M123 »

• Motherboard: ASUS Striker-II FORMULA (Nvidia nForce 780i SLI chipset)
  • CPU: Intel Core2 Duo E8400 @ ~3.00GHz (Dual Core)
  • RAM: 4GB A-DATA DDR2-6400 (800MHz)
  • Video Card: GIGABYTE GV-NX88T512HP - Nvidia GeForce 8800GT 512MB
  • OS: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit OEM / Windows XP Professional 32-bit OEM
  • HDD: 1TB (Win7) + 500GB (WinXP) Seagate Barracuda (2 separate drives)
I've got an Intel Core2 Extreme QX9650 @ ~3.00GHz (Quad Core) sitting on my desk here.. :) waiting on buying a new cooler before I install it.
Anna
The artist formerly known as SilverWingedSeraph

Post by Anna »

AlphaDetisMegas wrote:Ubuntu's there because its the only system i can trust on not crashing randomly or getting a BSOD, And it also has way easier to modify and download programs than the above two.
... Really? I mean, if you were using Windows 98 I would understand that rationale. If you were using Windows ME I'd certainly understand it, since that was a hugely unstable and utterly crap (P)OS. But Windows XP? I've been using it for years. I've experienced a BSOD all of maybe 4 times at most. And it was because my HDD was horribly broken and so it had trouble reading important system files.

So yeah, crashes and BSODs really aren't a problem with Windows XP in my experience.
Founder and Event Coordinator for the BSF Beauty Pageant. Founder of the Pseudo-Chainship Project. Admin. Games Master.
Quality Control Enforcer
Gay cute girl and fucking proud of it.
giygasruels
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by giygasruels »

AlphaDetisMegas wrote:
giygasruels wrote: LOL you have 3 OS installed?I know this is possible(i know some things about computers,because I have 13 years old :P ) but enough only one(Windows 7 of course :D )
Yeah, I did so because for one, I game, and that means I need a windows OS, since its the ''gaming os'' which crashes all the time, due to instabilities, and I installed Windows 7 just because I felt like trying it out. Ubuntu's there because its the only system i can trust on not crashing randomly or getting a BSOD, And it also has way easier to modify and download programs than the above two.
Ok,I understand this but why you instal Ubuntu?
1.The most popular/the best/the newest(Spore,Sims 3 etc.) games will don't work with Ubuntu without any addons.
2.Graphics in Ubuntu looks creppy!(trust me,I tired to instal Ubuntu on virtual machine and my screen looks weird :!: )
3.WINDOWS RUELS! :D
AlphaDetisMegas
Captain
Captain

giygasruels wrote: Ok,I understand this but why you instal Ubuntu?
1.The most popular/the best/the newest(Spore,Sims 3 etc.) games will don't work with Ubuntu without any addons.
2.Graphics in Ubuntu looks creppy!(trust me,I tired to instal Ubuntu on virtual machine and my screen looks weird :!: )
3.WINDOWS SUCKS! :D
First off all, fixed that bit of faulty text in your post.

As I said, i'm using Ubuntu because its a much stabler system, has equal if not better programs available than most of its windows counterparts, Whenever I want to game I just switch over to XP.
Graphics in Ubuntu looks crappy!(trust me,I tried to install Ubuntu on virtual machine and my screen looks weird :!: )
WAIT, WHAT, if your using a VM you should know those things usually knock down performance, and thats probably a problem on your end, cause unlike Windows, Ubuntu should autodetect and install the needed drivers for the screen to function properly.
Maart3n
BANNED

Post by Maart3n »

AlphaDetisMegas wrote:
giygasruels wrote: Ok,I understand this but why you instal Ubuntu?
3.WINDOWS SUCKS! :D
First off all, fixed that bit of faulty text in your post.
You could have just corrected the entire post then....

I agree with Anna here, xp gave me 1 screen of death because my webcam had some kind of strange driver.

To Giygasrules:(Damn you, try making up a correctly spelled name next time...)
He has Ubuntu 'cause he trusts it, and I can understand that. And as an added extra Ubuntu is lighter then windows.
AND you can actually run windows games on Linux with wine.(right?)
AND AND I've seen Ubuntu look way better then xp or windows 7 for that matter.
AND AND AND spore and the sims suck, aren't new, and aren't popular.
M123 wrote:I've got an Intel Core2 Extreme QX9650 @ ~3.00GHz (Quad Core) sitting on my desk here.. :) waiting on buying a new cooler before I install it.
Why didn't you get a better Graphics card? I mean the 8800 series are atleast 4 years old.
You want to play a good game, try Just Cause 2 which is SO much better then part one.
giygasruels
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by giygasruels »

Maart3n wrote: I agree with Anna here, xp gave me 1 screen of death because my webcam had some kind of strange driver.

To Giygasrules:(Damn you, try making up a correctly spelled name next time...)
He has Ubuntu 'cause he trusts it, and I can understand that. And as an added extra Ubuntu is lighter then windows.
AND you can actually run windows games on Linux with wine.(right?)
AND AND I've seen Ubuntu look way better then xp or windows 7 for that matter.
AND AND AND spore and the sims suck, aren't new, and aren't popular.
M123 wrote:I've got an Intel Core2 Extreme QX9650 @ ~3.00GHz (Quad Core) sitting on my desk here.. :) waiting on buying a new cooler before I install it.
Why didn't you get a better Graphics card? I mean the 8800 series are atleast 4 years old.
You want to play a good game, try Just Cause 2 which is SO much better then part one.
spore and sims 3 don't suck,spore was issued 2 years ago,Sims 3 1 year ago.And why you don't like my username?AND Linux Ubuntu sucks(I will never instal this pseudo-OS because I don't want to destroy my computer :P ).Win7 ruels!
Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

Stop arguing like children over which operating systems and games do/don't suck. Seriously.
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ