Aint's No More!

For everything else. Video games, music, movies, sports, you name it.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

inteuniso
Commander
Commander

Aint's No More!

Post by inteuniso »

The Saints have won the Super Bowl! 43 years, and they finally did it!
It's not my fault I can't take your post seriously.
AidanAdv
Commodore
Commodore

Post by AidanAdv »

I didn't really care who won this year.

I was just sad the Cardinals didn't make it there.
The walls have eyes: the shadows we throw are the shadows we try to throw off.
derekiv
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by derekiv »

I was sad the Vikings didn't make it
Chiiro
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Chiiro »

Real footballs are round without points.
Fly me to the moon, so I can play among the stars~
Let me see what spring is like on Jupiter and Mars~
Kaelis

Post by Kaelis »

Whats Super Bowl?
LactoseTolerant
Captain
Captain

Post by LactoseTolerant »

Chiiro wrote:Real footballs are round without points.
Like, Handegg?
Kaelis wrote: What's Super Bowl?
National handegg tournament.
Wikipedia wrote:The Super Bowl has been the championship game of the National Football League (NFL), the premier association of professional American football, since 1967. It was first played on January 15, 1967 as part of a merger agreement between the NFL and the then rival league, the American Football League (AFL). It was agreed that the two leagues’ champion teams would play in an AFL–NFL World Championship Game, until the merger was consummated. After the merger of the two leagues in 1970, each league became a "conference", and the game was played between conference champions.
Got questions about ShipMaker? Look here!

Life happens.
Lizzie
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Lizzie »

Kaelis wrote:Whats Super Bowl?
American sports bullshit.
Imaillusion
Captain
Captain

Post by Imaillusion »

American football is so wussy in my opinion (no offence anyone). I mean they have to wear body armour because they're afraid of getting hurt from being tackled. Down Under we play real football :cool:
Lizzie
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Lizzie »

Imaillusion wrote:American football is so wussy in my opinion (no offence anyone). I mean they have to wear body armour because they're afraid of getting hurt from being tackled. Down Under we play real football :cool:
Not that I'm disagreeing with the statement that it's wussy for having projection, but I'm still curious about the injury statistics between American and "real" football.
Rugdumph
Commander
Commander

Post by Rugdumph »

To be honest you can't really compare american football to proper football, rugby and american football would show it much better, i mean neither typs of football have 'blood replacements' i.e. a substitute that's on only until they can stop you bleeding too much lol
"Damn hippies with their slippers and mesh bags looking for "adventure" or friggin' nerds who hasn't held anything but a microscope in their girly little hands. Such posers don't last long here." - Wolf (S.T.A.L.K.E.R.)
inteuniso
Commander
Commander

Post by inteuniso »

Lizzie wrote:
Imaillusion wrote:American football is so wussy in my opinion (no offence anyone). I mean they have to wear body armour because they're afraid of getting hurt from being tackled. Down Under we play real football :cool:
Not that I'm disagreeing with the statement that it's wussy for having projection, but I'm still curious about the injury statistics between American and "real" football.
I'm sure the breakage of noses is much higher. Back when American Football just started, there wasn't a bar in front of your helmet, so you would get hit a lot more in the nose and teeth.

Also, the pads are really so the players can play through an entire season without getting their body ripped up. Players still get concussions, broken ribs, ACL tears, knee injuries, etc.

Besides, I play high school football. It's not a sport for wusses.
It's not my fault I can't take your post seriously.
CheesyErwin
Captain
Captain

Post by CheesyErwin »

The more the discussion progresses, the more I am urged to post this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WCNRGrHMY8c
-CheesyErwin.
The one who makes the best[Claim disputed] mechas with BSF currently. (And the creator of the Sabot Cannon of the BSFCE.)

Worlds At War Universe:
The Earth Coaltion
Mars People's Union
The Free City-states of Luna
Imaillusion
Captain
Captain

Post by Imaillusion »

It's not that I think having body protection is a bad idea, it's the fact that people have to wear the damn things, and as a result have movment to the upper body restricted, and in turn hold back a player's real capabilities, all in the name of "safety", that's really annoying. Players should be able to choose between wearing and not wear them. Healthcare was invented for a reason :P
AidanAdv
Commodore
Commodore

Post by AidanAdv »

Even with all that "wussy" protection, many professional players still end up with long term mental health problems due to all the knocks they take while playing. If I played football at the pro-level, I'd wear pads and my helmet no questions asked.

Some protection is better none.
The walls have eyes: the shadows we throw are the shadows we try to throw off.
Rugdumph
Commander
Commander

Post by Rugdumph »

Oh the protection is definately necessary, since a friend of mine showed me that the average american football tackle hits with over twice the force of the average rugby tackle, i was like :shock:
"Damn hippies with their slippers and mesh bags looking for "adventure" or friggin' nerds who hasn't held anything but a microscope in their girly little hands. Such posers don't last long here." - Wolf (S.T.A.L.K.E.R.)