Robots in space???

For everything else. Video games, music, movies, sports, you name it.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Omicron
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Omicron »

Droid: I agree I geuss....
Chiiro: your right apart from it could get pack up when it falls and personally the western style is my fave due to its logicness and industrialness... citation needed
Chiiro
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Chiiro »

Omicron wrote:Chiiro: your right apart from it could get pack up when it falls and personally the western style is my fave due to its logicness and industrialness... citation needed
Try lying down on your back and getting up without supporing yourself on your arms or bending your back. Now imagine if you weighed so much more and your legs would have limited articulation and mostly use hydraulics to move. It would not get back up.
Logical? No. Industrial? Yes. Personal? Definitely not, you couldn't tell one from the other.
Fly me to the moon, so I can play among the stars~
Let me see what spring is like on Jupiter and Mars~
Squishy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Squishy »

It puzzles you that other people find an idea acceptable. That's fine.

What isn't fine is that you're trying to justify your own inability to understand the appreciation of such ideas by taking a stance that puts everyone else who accepts the idea as irrational/illogical while simultaneously putting out half-assed arguements to support your position.

Face it. You don't get it. Leave it as that. It's not a BAD thing you don't get it, so stop acting insecure about it.

And why do I think your arguements are half-assed? Because you're trying to force a realistic spin on fictional depictions of celebrated concepts. You looking at these concepts from a view that values 'realism' while the ideas were never meant to be put under that kind of scrutiny in the first place.

You're right that these robots and mechs are downright silly in real situations. That does not mean they can't be enjoyed in fictional works. In fact, that IS part their appeal; you can't do this shit in the real world, so at the very least they can be experienced vicariously.