Really terrible conspiracy nuts.

For everything else. Video games, music, movies, sports, you name it.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Noctis
Captain
Captain

Really terrible conspiracy nuts.

Post by Noctis »

Ok so there are those people who think there was a man on the grassy knoll, and then there are these people.

http://stopabductions.com/

Tells you how to make an anti-abduction helmet, with great advice thrown in. Such as, did you know that, while aliens can travel the deapths of space and time, they can not open a locked cabinet?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q7RQJyt-BzM
Nuclear weapons do not exist. Yep thats right. All the video, eye witness and victim accounts were all just lies and cover ups. Seems plausible right?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w3qFdbUEq5s
"The visible spectrum is rainbows."

These things amuse me greatly, till I remember that these people can vote and reproduce. Then I become very sad.

Anyways, post more of your favorite reality ignorant nutters.
Anna
The artist formerly known as SilverWingedSeraph

Post by Anna »

The "Why Do People Laugh At Creationists" series by Thunderf00t on YouTube is wonderful. And yes, Creationists are every bit as deluded and irrational as every other conspiracy theorist out there:

http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p ... ionists%3F

And the videos are funny as hell to watch.
Founder and Event Coordinator for the BSF Beauty Pageant. Founder of the Pseudo-Chainship Project. Admin. Games Master.
Quality Control Enforcer
Gay cute girl and fucking proud of it.
Noctis
Captain
Captain

Post by Noctis »

Anna wrote:The "Why Do People Laugh At Creationists" series by Thunderf00t on YouTube is wonderful. And yes, Creationists are every bit as deluded and irrational as every other conspiracy theorist out there:

http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p ... ionists%3F

And the videos are funny as hell to watch.
While I am definitely not disagreeing with you, aren't we not allowed to discuss religion?

Otherwise I have a few...I dunno...thousand videos to post. Anything by VenomFangX for instance.
Anna

Post by Anna »

Noctis wrote:While I am definitely not disagreeing with you, aren't we not allowed to discuss religion?

Otherwise I have a few...I dunno...thousand videos to post. Anything by VenomFangX for instance.
Quite a few of those videos I linked to deal with VenomFangX. And while there's technically no discussion of religion allowed, that would also forbid laughing at flat-earthers and geocentrists, whose beliefs are largely founded in religion too. Intelligent design proponents often claim that they don't support any religion and that their arguments have actual scientific basis (even though these claims are bullshit), so I figure as long as I don't discuss religion, throwing this bit about Creationism out is safe.

Creationism is for retarded monkey children who cannot accepted the fact that, yes, humans are actually apes. Not just DESCENDED from ape-like ancestors, we are part of the ape family. It's got as much if not more evidence to support it than Germ Theory, Atomic Theory, the Theory of Relativity, and all those other fun theories.

So... yeah, I don't see how taking a jab at Creationists is any different from taking a jab at flat-earthers and alien abducion whackos.
Founder and Event Coordinator for the BSF Beauty Pageant. Founder of the Pseudo-Chainship Project. Admin. Games Master.
Quality Control Enforcer
Noctis
Captain
Captain

Post by Noctis »

Anna wrote:
Noctis wrote:While I am definitely not disagreeing with you, aren't we not allowed to discuss religion?

Quite a few of those videos I linked to deal with VenomFangX. And while there's technically no discussion of religion allowed, that would also forbid laughing at flat-earthers and geocentrists, whose beliefs are largely founded in religion too. Intelligent design proponents often claim that they don't support any religion and that their arguments have actual scientific basis (even though these claims are bullshit), so I figure as long as I don't discuss religion, throwing this bit about Creationism out is safe.

Creationism is for retarded monkey children who cannot accepted the fact that, yes, humans are actually apes. Not just DESCENDED from ape-like ancestors, we are part of the ape family. It's got as much if not more evidence to support it than Germ Theory, Atomic Theory, the Theory of Relativity, and all those other fun theories.

So... yeah, I don't see how taking a jab at Creationists is any different from taking a jab at flat-earthers and alien abducion whackos.
Yeah, pure creationists are so far off the deep end they barely count as a religion anymore. Young Earth Creationists are the absolute worst.

That and the idiotic new age people, who actually believe that diluting a medicine makes it stronger.
Sponge
Captain
Captain

Post by Sponge »

I've been watching some of these videos, and they're hilarious. The guy's voice in the "Why creationists are laughed at" set just makes the whole presentation. He sounds like the snobbiest person you'd ever meet, and it just makes these just so much more fun to watch.

<pseudo offtopic>
Anna wrote:so I figure as long as I don't discuss religion, throwing this bit about Creationism out is safe.
Creationism is not a religion? Not that I don't agree with you, because I do, but I do believe Creationism is a religion, no matter how ridiculous it is. Personally, I think the whole "you can't talk about religion" thing is a shoddy excuse for "I don't want to see a flame thread." Moderated debate is healthy, regardless of topic. It stretches the mind and promotes higher level reasoning. Not only do you have to prove it to yourself, but you have to prove it to someone who thinks otherwise. Ideally, it even causes you to challenge your own beliefs. So long as involved parties are willing to at least consider the arguments of those who hold other viewpoints (which is asking a lot of an online community), civil debates can be held on even the most sensitive of topics. But who am I to comment.
Not just DESCENDED from ape-like ancestors, we are part of the ape family.
My understanding of the archeological data available is that the most prevalent theory at this point is that, at some point in the distant past (we have Australopithecus afarensis fossils from around 3-4 million years ago, so I would assume before then), we shared a common ancestor with primates. For whatever reason, most logically geographical boundaries, the two species slowly split. Humans went through a "branching" evolutionary path, while primates probably did the same, though in a different direction. I believe our closest "relatives" that are alive today are chimps. Of course, archeology is a lot of guesswork and inferences, but I'd be inclined to go with the current accepted theory over any other, unless you can make a case for yours.
Anna

Post by Anna »

Noctis wrote:That and the idiotic new age people, who actually believe that diluting a medicine makes it stronger.
Hahaha oh man yeah, homeopathic medicine is hilarious. Or it would be, if so many people didn't fall for it's bullshit hook, line and sinker. Really, most forms of alternative medicine, such as homeopathy and acupuncture have been fairly solidly demonstrated to be pure pseudoscience that are no more effective than placebos.
Sponge wrote:Of course, archeology is a lot of guesswork and inferences, but I'd be inclined to go with the current accepted theory over any other, unless you can make a case for yours.
The term Ape refers to any member of the Hominoidea Superfamily, as such it includes the Great Apes family of Hominidae (encompassing humans, gorillas, chimpanzees, orangutans, and so on) and the Lesser Apes family of Hylobatidae (which encompasses gibbons).

So, according the evolutionary tree, humans are members of the Great Ape family.
Quality Control Enforcer
Noctis
Captain
Captain

Post by Noctis »

Anna wrote:
Noctis wrote:That and the idiotic new age people, who actually believe that diluting a medicine makes it stronger.
Hahaha oh man yeah, homeopathic medicine is hilarious. Or it would be, if so many people didn't fall for it's bullshit hook, line and sinker. Really, most forms of alternative medicine, such as homeopathy and acupuncture have been fairly solidly demonstrated to be pure pseudoscience that are no more effective than placebos.
Its no problem for the people "curing" their colds, but those who are trying to cure their cancer with vegitables are the real unfortunate ones. You want to see something? Go to the CARM Forums and Look up a user called "Supersport"

http://www.fstdt.com/Search.aspx
search for supersport.
Brain bleeding sort of stuff.
Anna

Post by Anna »

Noctis wrote:Its no problem for the people "curing" their colds, but those who are trying to cure their cancer with vegitables are the real unfortunate ones. You want to see something? Go to the CARM Forums and Look up a user called "Supersport"

http://www.fstdt.com/Search.aspx
search for supersport.
Brain bleeding sort of stuff.
Oh god that's dumb.

I mean, I know the last few days I've accused you of saying stupid things...

But even the dumbest things you've said look goddamn brilliant in comparison to that stuff. It's just painful to read. Painful.
Quality Control Enforcer
Noctis
Captain
Captain

Post by Noctis »

Anna wrote:
Oh god that's dumb.

I mean, I know the last few days I've accused you of saying stupid things...

But even the dumbest things you've said look goddamn brilliant in comparison to that stuff. It's just painful to read. Painful.
Yeah, I've personally debated with him. Its...its like masturbating with a flaming cheese grater.

Oh and sorry about those stupid things. I was wrong, but at least now I know I was.
Anna

Post by Anna »

Noctis wrote:Yeah, I've personally debated with him. Its...its like masturbating with a flaming cheese grater.
That is a painful and unpleasant, if creative mental image you've polluted my mind with, there.
Oh and sorry about those stupid things. I was wrong, but at least now I know I was.
Hey, everyone's wrong sometimes, and everyone says dumb shit sometimes. Even me, as much as I hate to admit it. I should probably not react so... negatively.
Quality Control Enforcer
Cycerin
Captain
Captain

Post by Cycerin »

http://www.somethingawful.com/d/weekend ... ociety.php

The Flat Earth Society is still my favourite. So much stupidity you can't stir it with an oar.
DeathsHand
Captain
Captain

Post by DeathsHand »

This one always made me laugh until I actually heard someone recommending it at a health food store last year.

http://www.tapewormdiet.net/
S͜͟t̷̀̀͟i̷͢ļ̸̕͞l̸̶͞ ̷̢͘͟l̡͟͝u̴̵̸͜͢r̴̸̨k͏͟į̨͜n̛g̸͢͝
Noctis
Captain
Captain

Post by Noctis »

DeathsHand wrote:This one always made me laugh until I actually heard someone recommending it at a health food store last year.

http://www.tapewormdiet.net/
Christ I thought that died out in the 40's. I love how the guy's website tries to claim that it's actually completely natural to have dozens of worms and parasites living in you.
Cycerin wrote:http://www.somethingawful.com/d/weekend ... ociety.php

The Flat Earth Society is still my favourite. So much stupidity you can't stir it with an oar.
I know right? The most terrible thing is that they are provably wrong using only a stick and it's shadow. Its like denying your own feet exist before walking away.
unsunghero10
Commander
Commander

Post by unsunghero10 »

http://www.timecube.com/

Yes, this is a real site, with real intent on educating you.

Is Scientology off limits? And if so, is it because it's too easy, or might be a religion*?

*(company with lots of lawyers).
Lurk more