Anime Conventions

For everything else. Video games, music, movies, sports, you name it.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Monkey
Commander
Commander

Anime Conventions

Post by Monkey »

Just for anyone that goes to these I personally haven't gone to many (only one) but I found that it was awesome. I am actually on staff at a convention in Wisconsin that is going on its second year!

I don't really visit these forums often (damn school blocks) but I do enjoy everything that Sean has made so far and this seemed like it would be an appropriate place to put this
I'm an idiot who tried to embed flash in his signature, nevermind the fact that wouldn't work even if the code tags were removed.
Cycerin
Captain
Captain

Post by Cycerin »

I'd rather go to the dentist and get a tooth pulled out for no clinical reason than visit any sort of anime con.
ArcaneDude
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by ArcaneDude »

Cycerin wrote:I'd rather go to the dentist and get a tooth pulled out for no clinical reason than visit any sort of anime con.
I'm with him. Did I mention I'm really scared of getting my teeth pulled?

EDIT: this is kinda sorta rapidly degrading into a 'bash the anime fan' thread. If you don't mind, it'd be better if those who don't like this crap would ignore the place.
Last edited by ArcaneDude on Wed May 20, 2009 11:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Check out The Star Wreck project!
Check out the Epic Music Library
And in this Alliance we bestow our hope and will, that the Dogs of War may never harass the people of our homes again, and that it will bring peace, equality and liberty for all in need and despair. One Universe, One Goal. By the Manifest we command this.~ Saren Vil Ush
Danny420Dale
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Danny420Dale »

ArcaneDude wrote:I'm with him. Did I mention I'm really scared of getting my teeth pulled?
Thirded, and I'd rather DIY it with rusty pliers (I've never had health insurance; barbaric country, yes I know, but at least we're trying to fix it.)
Droid
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Droid »

I feel alone.
Well, I'm going to one this year, if only to snatch something cheap then resell it. I'm going to try to avoid looking the fat dressed up people and the cross-dressers. Probably going to have to go through a hypnotic memory-purge afterward. Those people terrify me.
Squishy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Squishy »

Fat Sailormoons.
Realism, seriously? It's a space ship game. Realism was thrown out the window a long time ago.
Swamp Fox
Captain
Captain

Post by Swamp Fox »

You're not alone Droid. Conventions are some of the most fun events I've ever seen. I will admit to their mind-scarring potential, however. Some lines should just never be crossed, or even conceived of.
"Okay. I'm gonna get your money for ya. But if you don't get the President of the United States on that phone, you know what's gonna happen to you?"
"What?!"
"You're gonna have to answer to the Coca Cola company."
Lizzie
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Lizzie »

There's nothing wrong with Conventions. The crap that DOES occur and the ... unmentionable people that show up are just blown way out of proportion.
Chiiro
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Chiiro »

I'd go to one, if only for the merchandise. =o
Fly me to the moon, so I can play among the stars~
Let me see what spring is like on Jupiter and Mars~
T-002
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by T-002 »

Aw hell yes, merchandise.

Man, too bad I live in the middle of Nowhere, Europe.
[THIS SPACE FOR RENT]
Monkey
Commander
Commander

Post by Monkey »

Cool what cons do any of you go to?
I'm an idiot who tried to embed flash in his signature, nevermind the fact that wouldn't work even if the code tags were removed.
jwa8402
Admiral
Admiral

Post by jwa8402 »

Though I have no personal issue with cons, I don't care to go to them. To go with what Droid said though, and if you watch family guy: Jimbo and Banana

Hes actually more like Quagmire than peter in real life though.
Aralonia
Butt Admiral
Butt Admiral

Post by Aralonia »

Probably visiting Anime Expo this summer. 8|
DPUO wrote:<+AirHippo> Funnily enough, folks who abide by the law and try to make something of their lives don't appreciate the rich kids of rich parents getting away with murder and skimming through life.