CLEP Tests.

For everything else. Video games, music, movies, sports, you name it.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Exileman
Ensign
Ensign

CLEP Tests.

Post by Exileman »

So, I'm asking this on several forums i frequent. I'm attempting to join the army. I am currently a GED. However, if I can attain 15 college credits hours, I am reclassified as a High school graduate. At this time, GED's cannot join. As of last week. This, needless to say, is super crap timing for me as I went to enlist this morning. So, i have looked into the clep test. I will definately be taking them, but was wondering how hard of a time other people may have had. So, if anyone has taken any of the CLEP tests, feedback would be immensely appreciated.
Kaelis

Post by Kaelis »

Hey, if you don't mind, i have a question which always comes to my mind whenever someone says they want voluntarily to joint the army. The question is - why?
Sponge
Captain
Captain

Post by Sponge »

Assuming he's talking about the US army, voluntarily joining is the only way to join. I would think that someone would join the army because they either have a desire to serve their country, or because the army will put you through school. Or both. I truly do not understand why you are ridiculing him.

As for the CLEP exams, I don't have much knowledge to share. I wouldn't expect them to be easy, though, as they cover material taught in typical college courses. Being that you haven't taken any college courses (or at least implied this in your post), I should imagine they'd be pretty difficult. The college board sells exam guides for individual tests, and from what I've heard, the stuff you'll see in those is pretty much the same that you'll see on the tests. Definitely consider buying a few of those before you take the tests. They're $10 each. The study guide they sell covers all exams they offer, and is $25.

http://www.collegeboard.com/student/tes ... /prep.html

Good luck!
Kaelis

Post by Kaelis »

Sponge wrote:I truly do not understand why you are ridiculing him.
Misinterpretation. I am genuinely interested in his motives, and fail to see any trace of ridiculing or sarcasm in my post.