The Hype Thread

For everything else. Video games, music, movies, sports, you name it.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

IBurn36360
Commander
Commander

Post by IBurn36360 »

Mythic map pack for Halo 3, WAY over-hyped. Short of Sandbox, which, is an absolute forgers paradice and far exceeded expectations, the maps brought little to the game.

Orbital ends out being a spawn camping nighmare. (rockets are painful)
Assembly is petty much the same effect. (gravity has never been so mean to me)

My only true gripe with Sandbox is that I needed to money glitch it, otherwise, there is just not enough money to do much. On the plus side, there are a MASSIVE number of items available. Everything from a small, seemingly insignifigant ramp, to a big block of stone, every vehicle (both variants of the hornet) and the three tiered area layout (Main level, crypt, and skybox or skybubble) are major advantages for creating almost, if not the best maps seen in the Halo universe. My filshare has a canvas that is, empty, has the turrets blocked, and has a teleporter outside of the skybubbe, enjoy.
M123
Captain
Captain

Post by M123 »

Borderlands has had a major change to its graphical style. This picture from the front cover of PC Gamer shows an in-game character:

*Click for larger pic*

What do you guys think?
VNilla
Commander
Commander

Post by VNilla »

PC Gamer wrote:Dual-wielded fishguns?
Can we use the fish ammo to distract/appease the monster thingies in the trailer? :lol:
Ne me forcez pas à arracher votre gorge, s'il vous plaît.
~~~~~
[b]ZOMG NINJA SARCASM[/b] :shock:
~~~~~
[quote="Arcalane"]If anyone says "y'all" again I'm going to string them up and put their head on a pike.[/quote]
Verminator
Captain
Captain

Post by Verminator »

I'm puzzled. I don't know what to think about those new graphics. I guess the gameplay'll stay intact, at least.
I have to kill fast and bullets are [i]too slow.[/i]
Kaelis

Post by Kaelis »

IBurn36360 wrote:Mythic map pack for Halo 3, WAY over-hyped. Short of Sandbox, which, is an absolute forgers paradice and far exceeded expectations, the maps brought little to the game.
Halo was always overhyped, no surprise there. But allowing people to do something creative with it? Now thats a (positive) shocker. Big plus for Bungie in my book.
Verminator wrote:I'm puzzled. I don't know what to think about those new graphics. I guess the gameplay'll stay intact, at least.
I think its interesting. Something original. Not just yet another grungy-realistic soldier of apocalypse style. And i didnt like the 'original' graphics that much anyway.
PC Gamer wrote:See the new Zerg in Starcraft 2 - only in PC Gamer.
What the hell? Are they completely out of the loop? don't they know zerg are already on starcraft2.com for a few months now?
M123
Captain
Captain

Post by M123 »

Kaelis wrote:
What the hell? Are they completely out of the loop? don't they know zerg are already on starcraft2.com for a few months now?
They might be referring to pics of new units released as an exclusive in the mag. I don't know for sure, though.
Sponge
Captain
Captain

Post by Sponge »

M123 wrote: What do you guys think?
Let me put it this way.

If that's not concept art, and is in fact an ingame render, I am no longer interested in purchasing this game. What a fucking stupid idea. Sure, it's inventive, but cartoon graphics do not suit an FPS geared toward the mature crowd. Team Fortress 2 was well executed, but this looks like something out of Disney.
VNilla
Commander
Commander

Post by VNilla »

If Disney starts making First Person Shooters, me = :shock:

However, I do agree: that had better darn sake be concept art and not a render. (It looks a bit too flat and two-dimensional to be a render, though, so I'm hopeful.)
Ne me forcez pas à arracher votre gorge, s'il vous plaît.
~~~~~
[b]ZOMG NINJA SARCASM[/b] :shock:
~~~~~
[quote="Arcalane"]If anyone says "y'all" again I'm going to string them up and put their head on a pike.[/quote]
Slayer0019
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Slayer0019 »

M123 wrote:
Kaelis wrote:
They might be referring to pics of new units released as an exclusive in the mag. I don't know for sure, though.
Does that magazine say June 2009 or June 2008? It's either too old for the info it claims to have, or a forgery. Check your source info.
Got Steam?
Join the official BSF Steam group today!

[img]http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z148/JohnDG/sig-1.png[/img]
Nutcase
Captain
Captain

Post by Nutcase »

June 09 ain't coming for two more months.
:roll:
Slayer0019
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Slayer0019 »

Nutcase wrote:June 09 ain't coming for two more months.
...That's exactly my point...
Got Steam?
Join the official BSF Steam group today!

[img]http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z148/JohnDG/sig-1.png[/img]
Kaelis

Post by Kaelis »

Its a render alright, could easily be ingame too. Take a close look at the barrel of that gun, or screews on his hand. You can spot how polygons flow; theyre not perfectly round, but hexagonal/octagonal, to save on polycount.

I guess im the only one who actually likes that style. Notice its not exactly 100% cartoonish, like those (aw)fully cellshaded games.
Crazyeyes24
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Location: Bridge of the Hydra, in orbit around Maw Installation

Post by Crazyeyes24 »

Nutcase wrote:June 09 ain't coming for two more months.
It definitely says June 2009... :?
M123
Captain
Captain

Post by M123 »

Kaelis wrote:I guess im the only one who actually likes that style.
I quite like it as well. It adds a unique style to the game and maintains a high level of detail.

Here's an interesting post made by the CEO of Gearbox.
Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

PCG have a habit of advance-dating their magazines for some daft reason, so if you buy in January you'll get the "February" one. It could be a marketing thing, I dunno.

Also lol @ fan raeg.
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ