The Hype Thread

For everything else. Video games, music, movies, sports, you name it.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

It better have custom ship/sprite/whatever importing though. :|
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
ArcaneDude
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by ArcaneDude »

Kaelis wrote:
ArcaneDude wrote:This better be free, otherwise I'm gonna sit in a corner and weep.
Bah, cheapskate!

Seriously, the guy deserves to be paid for this. Especially since he had to hire a proper artist to do those ships.

Once it comes out, im gonna buy it even if that means im eating grass for a week :P
It's not like I don't have the money, or the will to pay, I'd gladly. I just have no means to pay for this shit except asking my parents to do it for me. Which I won't do out of principle. :P Minors aren't allowed creditcards where I live.
Check out The Star Wreck project!
Check out the Epic Music Library
And in this Alliance we bestow our hope and will, that the Dogs of War may never harass the people of our homes again, and that it will bring peace, equality and liberty for all in need and despair. One Universe, One Goal. By the Manifest we command this.~ Saren Vil Ush
Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

/l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
Verminator
Captain
Captain

Post by Verminator »

Funky. I like the visual style, even though the new Mordecai needs to bulk up a little.
I have to kill fast and bullets are [i]too slow.[/i]
Isu
Captain
Captain

Post by Isu »

Anxious Isu is anxious for Deadspace 2
On mules we find two legs behind
and two we find before.
We stand behind before we find
what those behind be for.
BizzarreCoyote
Commander
Commander

Post by BizzarreCoyote »

Lost Planet 2. I played and loved the first one, and just saw the trailer for #2 a few days ago.

It has 4 player coop!

Unfortunately, Capcom has yet to set a release date.
[url=http://profile.xfire.com/bizzarecoyote][img]http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/sf/type/2/bizzarecoyote.png[/img][/url]
maarten
BANNED

Post by maarten »

I would love to play zeno clash, a game I have been following since the first press realese. Shame nobody does free giveaways to the first dozen people joining the site.
Would be a great publicity stunt though.
Slayer0019
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Slayer0019 »

Then again, torrents will spring up...
In all seriousness, I think this guy deserves anything he chooses to charge (provided it's less than 15 bucks).
Got Steam?
Join the official BSF Steam group today!

[img]http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z148/JohnDG/sig-1.png[/img]
Sponge
Captain
Captain

Post by Sponge »

I came across an upcoming space mmo earlier today called Black Prophecy. I usually don't get excited about this kind of stuff, but this looks amazing. Its's largely instanced, and everything is designed for quick play. There's extensive ship customization but no real character development. It looks like a fairly basic space flight simulator, and the graphics are absolutely beautiful. Better than anything I've ever seen in the space genre. From what I've seen (a 7+ minute high def gameplay video), they look to be almost on par with Crysis. Check it out: http://blackprophecy-game.com/index.php?id=5.
T-002
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by T-002 »

Let The Right One In is hitting the cinemas near me.

If you guys haven't heard about this, you really need to go watch it. I, for one, had seen it quite a while ago. I'm just not sure whether I like it being so... public. Call me weird, it just feels awkward.

Anyway, yeah, go watch the movie. Nao.
[THIS SPACE FOR RENT]
Kaelis

Post by Kaelis »

Sponge wrote:I came across an upcoming space mmo earlier today called Black Prophecy. I usually don't get excited about this kind of stuff, but this looks amazing. Its's largely instanced, and everything is designed for quick play. There's extensive ship customization but no real character development. It looks like a fairly basic space flight simulator, and the graphics are absolutely beautiful. Better than anything I've ever seen in the space genre. From what I've seen (a 7+ minute high def gameplay video), they look to be almost on par with Crysis. Check it out: http://blackprophecy-game.com/index.php?id=5.
Very good looking indeed, comparable to EVE Online, if somewhat generic. Calling it on par with Crysis is a bit of a stretch, though. Regardless, signed up for beta.

By the way, Zeno Clash is out, and is receiving very favorable reviews.
Sponge
Captain
Captain

Post by Sponge »

Kaelis wrote: Very good looking indeed, comparable to EVE Online, if somewhat generic. Calling it on par with Crysis is a bit of a stretch, though. Regardless, signed up for beta.
Yeah, you're right. I was playing a bit of Crysis earlier and guess I forgot how good it looked. Still, BP is looking damn good for something that's primarily multiplayer, and I like that they're taking a totally different direction than Eve.

On a related note, I've found something else. It will be completely multiplayer, but it is NOT persistent. You join a server, shoot the crap out of the opposition in what sounds like a control point style team game, earn points of some sort for playing well, get better ships (they range from light fighters to massive capital ships), and win. When the game is over, though, everything is reset. It's an indie developer, and it looks damn good. Some of the development team worked on Crysis before going independent, and it sounds like they know their stuff. It'll be a onetime purchase, so no monthly payments. Oh yeah, and ships are customizable. They've got a pretty extensive "softpoint" system, where you can select just about any modules or weapons you want. Provided you can afford them. They're aiming for a 2009 release, and plan to offer a limited feature free-play version in addition to a full version they say will be (and I quote) "cheap."
http://naumachia.aureasection.com/media/
Squishy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Squishy »

The gameplay showed several players acting as individual gun emplacements on capital ships, am I seeing this correctly?
Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

Sponge wrote:On a related note, I've found something else. It will be completely multiplayer, but it is NOT persistent. You join a server, shoot the crap out of the opposition in what sounds like a control point style team game, earn points of some sort for playing well, get better ships (they range from light fighters to massive capital ships), and win. When the game is over, though, everything is reset. It's an indie developer, and it looks damn good. Some of the development team worked on Crysis before going independent, and it sounds like they know their stuff. It'll be a onetime purchase, so no monthly payments. Oh yeah, and ships are customizable. They've got a pretty extensive "softpoint" system, where you can select just about any modules or weapons you want. Provided you can afford them. They're aiming for a 2009 release, and plan to offer a limited feature free-play version in addition to a full version they say will be (and I quote) "cheap."
http://naumachia.aureasection.com/media/
Sounds like FAO 2.0, heh.
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
Sponge
Captain
Captain

Post by Sponge »

Squishy wrote:The gameplay showed several players acting as individual gun emplacements on capital ships, am I seeing this correctly?
If you're referring to Black Prophecy, yes. From what I can tell, individual players can control turrets on large ships. If you're talking about Naumachia, no. Ships are controlled by a single player, and larger ships come packaged with an (optional?) mini RTS-type mode for controlling AI fighters.