Mass Effect 2

For everything else. Video games, music, movies, sports, you name it.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Are you looking forward to Mass Effect 2?

Poll ended at Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:11 pm

Yes, I am.
67%
No, I'm not.
28%
WTF is a Mass Effect?
6%

Total votes: 18

inteuniso
Commander
Commander

Mass Effect 2

Post by inteuniso »

Is anyone looking forward to this game as much as me?

I loved the first one, stayed in my bedroom for entire days playing the original. It is IMO one of the best sci-fi RPGS in existence.

And now comes the second one. With more decisions that actually effect who lives and who dies, the ability to import your character over (yes!) and heavy weapons. Not to mention furthering character development. Looks like all the originals and new characters are in.

Besides my rant, is anyone else waiting for it to come out? I preordered the game at Gamestop, and am waiting anxiously for the day I can put it in my 360.

EDIT: Here's the launch trailer, if you want to watch it.
It's not my fault I can't take your post seriously.
Silverware
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Silverware »

Bioware's games have started to be monotonous to me, they are all basically the same, sure the story and the characters change, but compare Neverwinter Nights, KotOR, and Mass Effect and they are all the same game at the core, small group of people, with level advancement based upon the d20 ruleset.
So no I'm not hanging out for it, Bioware really need to come up with a new basic idea for their games.
ArcaneDude
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by ArcaneDude »

What you're describing is an RPG. So basically what you're saying is that Bioware makes RPG's. *clapclap* The difference between Mass Effect and any other RPG is the fact that combat and movement is first-person. You don't have to command and control an entire squad, you just concentrate on yourself and minimally order your squad around. Far more fluent and far more fun. I wonder if you've even played the game?

Personally I'm much looking forward to ME2. I hope the squadmate characters won't be too cheesy though, the ones I've seen are both blood-thirsty mercs.
Check out The Star Wreck project!
Check out the Epic Music Library
And in this Alliance we bestow our hope and will, that the Dogs of War may never harass the people of our homes again, and that it will bring peace, equality and liberty for all in need and despair. One Universe, One Goal. By the Manifest we command this.~ Saren Vil Ush
Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

ArcaneDude wrote:I hope the squadmate characters won't be too cheesy though, the ones I've seen are both blood-thirsty mercs.
ME2 squadmates known so far; Possible other squadmates include:
Kaelis

Post by Kaelis »

@ ArcaneDude:
My thoughts exactly.

Played ME1, enjoyed it despite its flaws. Looking forward to ME2, but im not all giddy with anticipation.

As for my hopes, i want fixed planets. It would also be nice if there was some more actual gameplay and variation to it (lets face it - ME1 consisted of a few missions, a few quests here and there, and planets), but i realize its more of a half-game, half - epic story, rather than 'just' game.
Verminator
Captain
Captain

Post by Verminator »

Maybe I'm falling for the hype here, but the wait for ME2 is killing me. I loved Mass Effect, it's possibly my favourite game of this generation, but I wasn't blind to its flaws. However, it looks like they've all been fixed. Plus, seeing as they couldn't fit all the content on one disk, I'm confident that it'll last me a long time.

I guess in six agonizingly long days I'll know for sure.
I have to kill fast and bullets are [i]too slow.[/i]