Gene Pool!

For everything else. Video games, music, movies, sports, you name it.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

warhammer651
Commander
Commander
Location: i'll giv you a hint. it's somewhere in the vicinity of the third planet from the sun

Post by warhammer651 »

i always wind p with squid like purple and black critters as the main race...... if only you could watch them fight each other :P
if everything's coming your way, you're in the wrong lane.......idiot.
Aaganrmu
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Aaganrmu »

Neat program, it's a bit like a fish tank without the constant feeding/cleaning/fish floating upside down. It's a lot more interesting than than the more serious "framsticks". That program is in 3D and a bit more complicated.

Although I end up with the same creatures all the time, here it is in ascii:

Code: Select all

/
    / \
  /  /
*--< 
  \  \
    \ /
      \
It flails around jellyfish-like, not very fast but very maneuverable.
DeathsHand
Captain
Captain

Post by DeathsHand »

Heh, a neat little program indeed.

I left it running for about twelve hours, and already have had a few extinction events. The most recent is this one-

The green ones, along with their subspecies, rose to numbers exceeding one thousand, but congregated on one side of the map where food was the most plentiful. However, as soon as it was depleted their numbers dropped to less than one hundred, and half of those are the annoying worm types that lack any sort of turning, so they just eventually get stuck in a corner and die.

Hmm, I'll most likely introduce something new to the population. The current crop is composed of only four types: Worms, The standard tri-tentacled green ones, tri-tentacled greens with purple tips, and a slowly dying clan of tri-tentacles with leaf like appendages...
S͜͟t̷̀̀͟i̷͢ļ̸̕͞l̸̶͞ ̷̢͘͟l̡͟͝u̴̵̸͜͢r̴̸̨k͏͟į̨͜n̛g̸͢͝
Ninteen45
Commander
Commander

Post by Ninteen45 »

Surprisingly, I've played this in 06. I got a unique ecosystem with purple bush like things on one area, green spider things on another and masses of weird hybrid mutates in other areas. Extinction events were rare, but fun.