Let`s play Nexus!

For everything else. Video games, music, movies, sports, you name it.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

MelvinVm
BANNED

Let`s play Nexus!

Post by MelvinVm »

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/strategy/nex ... lt;title;2
Says all.
A pretty game with a lack of skirmish mode and build options.
However, you can customize ships, and the graphic`s are just totally awesome.
The space battles and things you do in space is very realistic.
I'm modding this game and i can create custom scenarios, systems, locations and soon, custom ships.
I can already edit existing ships and their loadouts.

Lets get down to the case.
It`s war between the Noah (advanced human race) and the Gorgs (a lizard-human race).
The war goes on very long, but now in 2411, things are quiet.
Beside the Noah, we got the oldskool Human race still on earth with very low-tech ships, but they are willing to help the Noah in any way they can.
Although not very useful (they don't have a interplanetary drive to quickly travel in a system, but they can fight and travel, travelling takes very long, because they use their normal engines only)
We also have the Vardrags, a bit shy, but powerful race which does no concern wars.
There are rogue pirate-ish Vardrags which are called Raptors, but they are not as powerful, and only attack in some systems.
Then we got the Ghosts, Ally of the Noah, they are a very mysterious race which specializes in cloaking & scouting.
They don't fight much, but they can fight.

Those are the all known races yet (ooh hell yeah, there will be more)

We are on the Noah destroyer Striker. our first real assignment!
The striker is armed with : 1 Plasmatorch engine for travel.
1 secondary plasma engine for emergency.
IP drive.
Datascanner
2 bubble shell launchers to attack enemy shields.
1 railgun to pound enemy hull
1 precision light laser to hit small devices on a target or small asteroids
1 flak system againts fighters
A wing of 3 interceptors.
The interplanetary drive (IP drive) is on, and we are flying trough the system, going to designated patrol points in 4 hours each (which would take weeks in a oldskool human ship)
We detected something strange, something very old.
We found the old base Eringuard, which had a accident with the explosion of a battleship going to hell in a battle long ago.
It drifted away, and it was evacuated because it might go into the sun after some years.
It emits energy signatures, lots of them.
It`s very far away from the sun, near a gas giant, however, it`s not moving at all, not from gravity or the explosion itself.
Could something have slowed it down? and why isn't it orbiting the gas giant? or going to it? how can a object completely stand still in space?!
At the moment, we are heading slowly to the base.

What should we do?
Turn around and report to Command?
Check it out?
If we check it out, how?
bien4500
Commodore
Commodore

Post by bien4500 »

I say we check it out by keeping the ship close by while sending a small boarding team. Then relay the findings to HIGHCOM.
Nutcase
Captain
Captain

Post by Nutcase »

Call HQ and then send a boarding team.

Just in case those energy signatures aren't a good thing and might get us blown to pieces.
VNilla
Commander
Commander

Post by VNilla »

My first suggestion would be to do as your mother always told you: STOP LOOKING DIRECTLY AT [A] SUN. :mrgreen: (Lest you be blind and look like :cool: for the rest of your life.)

Really, though, I would call HQ first for advice/guidance.
Ne me forcez pas à arracher votre gorge, s'il vous plaît.
~~~~~
[b]ZOMG NINJA SARCASM[/b] :shock:
~~~~~
[quote="Arcalane"]If anyone says "y'all" again I'm going to string them up and put their head on a pike.[/quote]
Exethalion
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Exethalion »

Call HQ, the base isn't going anywhere, and you'd be much better off with the guidance and intelligence. And you need ECM.
Nahki
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Nahki »

well for me : if you can't eat it joust shoot at it... or call HQ to do whatever they want whit it
arne20beta
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by arne20beta »

Radio HQ, see what they say.
THe FuTuRe iS NoW
MelvinVm
BANNED

Post by MelvinVm »

After forgetting this awesome shit, and some discussions on IRC, it reminded me to get this rolling again.

We tried to contact HQ, but a no go, both our IP drives & long range comm are being jammed from something in the nearby asteroid ring of a lush planet called MMGH3, which was targeted for oldskool human exploration.
Earth ships are arriving from the base, the base seems operational, and fully functional, the mighty Vardrag set up operations on the base, but they will leave if we tell them to, but without HQ, we told the Vardrag to ready ships, but not leave yet.
The Vardrag base tells us there is a Gorg vessel in the asteroid ring.

We have arrived, the mighty earth Stilleto is there, and together we fight a incoming Gorg battlecruiserImage

Stilleto : "Together, we have a chance! come with us, Striker!"

We decided to go on full speed and make a first strike, the battlecruiser just lifted up his shields, and the shields are still weak at that point
BOOM!, a direct hit trough the shield, on the enemy bridge, communication listeners report the enemy captain is unconscious

The battlecruiser's officer takes control and starts shooting at us, we have no chance againts that weaponry, time to run away and leave it to the rest.

The Stiletto got great anti fighter weaponry, these enemy bombers will be down in no-time.
Even more, friendly gunboats are arriving, and start shooting at the enemy's shields.
The enemy's shields are down! Stiletto's main guns can't penetrate shields, but without shields...
BOOM, the enemy battlecruiser's nose just falls off like it got cut!
It's surrendering, and the enemy captain has been brought aboard on our ship for interrogation
Now we have to make a decision, what will we do?
Go to the vardrag base, for repairs?
Go with the Stiletto for glory & rewards?
Go to HQ, and tell them what happened?
Bring the enemy captain to the Vardrag, earth, or leave it for us?
Nutcase
Captain
Captain

Post by Nutcase »

Now we have to make a decision, what will we do?
Get some answers.
And repairs.
maarten
BANNED

Post by maarten »

What's the recuirements for this game because my pc sucks.
Looks cool though.
MelvinVm
BANNED

Post by MelvinVm »

A quantum computer.

Well, simply it can run on computers with the same specs as homeworld 2