Graagh.

For everything else. Video games, music, movies, sports, you name it.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

T-002
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Graagh.

Post by T-002 »

Yes.

I recently (just now ^^) tried to install C&C: The First Decade again. First off, as soon as I try to run Tiberian Sun and above, it gives me an error message saying one or more DLL files are missing. I reinstall several times, still nothing.

Now I run this little thingamajig EA included, and it tells me it needs Windows XP. I run Windows Vista. It does not recognize Vista, it wants XP.

It doesn't recognize Vista. Am I farked or can I somehow make it recognize Vista? And please no 'yeah Vista just sux' comments. I'm not expecting it from you guys, but you never know.

Oh, also:
9 – Command and Conquer Tiberian Sun – On the first launch of this game, a notification stating that a “DLL” file is corrupt or miissing will appear, and the user will be instructed to reinstall the software. This error message can be ignored. After receiving this message, simply run Command and Conquer Tiberian Sun again and the error message will not appear.
It does reappear, every time. Doesn't tell me what's missing, nothing. Mebbe help on this?

Yeah, sorry to bother you with this. I just want mah Kane, dammit.
[THIS SPACE FOR RENT]
Swamp Fox
Captain
Captain

Post by Swamp Fox »

Have you tried running the installer under compatibility mode XP? That sometimes helps over here.
"Okay. I'm gonna get your money for ya. But if you don't get the President of the United States on that phone, you know what's gonna happen to you?"
"What?!"
"You're gonna have to answer to the Coca Cola company."
Jafo
Captain
Captain

Post by Jafo »

I don't have Vista myself, but some things to try (from Google'ing) (hope one of these will work for you):
right click c&c icon on ur desktop then properties and select compatibility tab and select win 98 from list

do not select xp cuz it still won't work
C&C the First Decade plays fine on Vista 64bit, I did have to add it to the
'Data Execution Prevention (DEP)' to make it work
To fix the problem of the messages "fatal string error" and "missing DL Files", at your desktop, right click on the shortcut and click on "Run as adminstrator". If done, it will ask you to allow or deny. select allow, and every problem should be solved. It worked for me, and it worked for the guy who told me about it. I wish you the best of luck.
Kaelis

Post by Kaelis »

M123
Captain
Captain

Post by M123 »

I like the way the program states that it requires 0.0MB of RAM. :P
Exethalion
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Exethalion »

M123 wrote:I like the way the program states that it requires 0.0MB of RAM. :P
Just because you have like 45 million MB of RAM, show-off. :P
M123
Captain
Captain

Post by M123 »

Nah, just 4096 MB. :P
It's annoying that Windows XP only detects 3GB.
T-002
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by T-002 »

Thank you guys, I did the 'Run as admin' thing, and it's working.

My eternal gratitude and several internets for you.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to go kill some GDI fascists. Lock this, please.
[THIS SPACE FOR RENT]