For everything else. Video games, music, movies, sports, you name it.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

duestchland1
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by duestchland1 »

Just wondering, If one was to say... have an awesome 1080x800 picture of a spaceship. How would one turn it into an avatar? 8)

(note, i just recently have gotten a real email, and thus an account, would it be appreciated if a put an all hail Anna thing on my tag or would that be considered kissass?)
I lost my avatar because I made it too big.
Slayer0019
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Slayer0019 »

Shrink it down using a graphic editor such as Paint.NET, which is excellent and available for free download.
And yes, that is kissass.
Got Steam?
Join the official BSF Steam group today!

[img]http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z148/JohnDG/sig-1.png[/img]
duestchland1
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by duestchland1 »

Thanks, like all things... it seemed better at the time! :lol:
duestchland1
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by duestchland1 »

:evil: I cannot get the profile thing to accept my photos*Headpalm*

Just another favor, how do you get the photo of choice into the correct adress format. (and by correct I mean not the whole freaking webpage.)
DeathsHand
Captain
Captain

Post by DeathsHand »

duestchland1 wrote::evil: I cannot get the profile thing to accept my photos*Headpalm*

Just another favor, how do you get the photo of choice into the correct *grammar ocdaddress format. (and by correct I mean not the whole freaking webpage.)
A little more info would be nice. If you're trying to link a picture directly from it's source, lets use my signature pic as an example.

*Disclaimer- I'm using firefox, haven't used explorer in years, so it may not be the same.

Just right click the picture, hit "properties" then copy/paste the location.

For an example, the address is - http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/939/ ... ig2wu4.png

Now, if your problem is with getting the correct BBCodes, Normandy put together a nifty little guide Here
Rules wrote: Avatars and Signatures:
Keep your avatar below 150x150. Failure to do so will result in it being stripped and you will lose avatar priviledges. Animated avatars are frowned upon.

*Supplement*-
Avatar control panel wrote:and the file size no more than 6 KB.
Likewise, signature images should be no more than ~300 pixels wide by 200 pixels tall. Animated signature images are frowned upon also - particularly if it flashes bright colours. They should not be filled with quoteboxes, either.
S͜͟t̷̀̀͟i̷͢ļ̸̕͞l̸̶͞ ̷̢͘͟l̡͟͝u̴̵̸͜͢r̴̸̨k͏͟į̨͜n̛g̸͢͝
Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

As far as I know it only checks details for avatars being uploaded (which DH's avatar demonstrates, being 55kb, but size is relatively irrelevant nowadays), which means people can upload images over the size limit but are liable to get their avatar priviledges temporarily removed for doing so. Make sure it's .jpg or .png format.
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ