Interactive Story by Anna

For everything else. Video games, music, movies, sports, you name it.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Darkship
Captain
Captain

Post by Darkship »

Get the armzzzz.
[url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3979][color=BLACK][b]Assorted Randomness[/b][/color][/url]
[url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2727][color=Red][b]The Tal'Vorah Fleet[/b][/color][/url]
Himura.Kenshin
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Himura.Kenshin »

I laughed sooo hard the first time I read that... and this just reminded me of it :P.
derekiv
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by derekiv »

Arms for the win
Anna
The artist formerly known as SilverWingedSeraph

Post by Anna »

Sighing, I pulled my wrist free from Hale's grip, and he turned back to me, brows creasing slightly. I could see the concern in his eyes, but I made no comment, instead turning my attention back to the old man. He watched me with a curious expression on his face, his large eyes darting down to look at the weapon holstered at my hip. Lips quirking slightly, he walked past me.

"Come along then. I'll lead the way." He said with a little chuckle.

"Wait," I said, reaching out to touch his shoulder, "What's your name?"

He glanced back at me, "Corvin. And I understand you are called Reesa?"

I responded with a nod, "Well, thank you for your help, Corvin. And if I find out you did anything weird while I was sleeping, I'll kill you."

He burst into amused laughter at that and finally lead myself and Hale out the front door of his home, and out into the street. I use the word "street" rather loosely, however. It was more like a road consisting of dirt and rocks. And here I was barefoot. Wonderful. There were several small cottages clustered together, with people in all manners of odd dress going about their morning chores. Fortunately, the dirt and assorted rocks and pebbles beneath my feet seemed to have been worn quite smooth, because it was actually surprisingly comfortable to walk on.

The road lead us out of the small town and out into open fields, trailing out up a hill. The grass around us varied in hues ranging from green to yellow to sea blue, and I couldn't help but get lost in the scenery for a while, only to be pulled back to the here and now by Corvin and Hale coming to a stop in front of me and me subsequently walking right into them.

Upon pushing myself awkwardly to my feet, Corvin turned his gaze to me, "We're here."

I looked past him, to see another building, much like the cottages I'd seen earlier, except substantially more ornate. It was made from a rich red wood of some sort that I couldn't quite place, and the door was painted white, with faint carvings of leaves and vines tracing the woodwork. Stepping past Corvin and Hale, I reached out to knock on the door. It was a short pause before the door opened to reveal a woman who looked to be in her mid-thirties, wearing a yellow dress, with a white smock over the top.

"Oh my, what do we have here? Come to me for a replacement arm, have you?" She asked, smiling warmly, her voice very soothing and friendly.

She glanced to Corvin, who gave a slight nod, and then she ushered me into her home, immediately leading me into a large room, filled with all sorts of limbs, even whole bodies! Many of them looked almost human, although if you looked hard enough, you could see the seems and cracks where the joints connected, but other limbs were distinctly not human. Several metal arms and legs covered the wall as well.

"Well then, let us see if we can find you something suitable. I'm Lorelai. What's your name, little one?"

"Reesa." I mumbled in response, still staring around the room, awestruck.

When she returned to my side, she was holding a thin, slender arm that looked almost identical to the one I lost, pressing it to my empty shoulder, examining it curiously and pursing her lips.

"Hm... yes, I think this will do. It will be just like your old arm in every way. How does that sound?"

I'm not sure though. Replacing my old arm with a nearly identical copy sounds nice, but... there were things looking for me, and who knows when I could next be attacked? Those armored, metallic arms certainly looked appealing... what do you guys think?
Founder and Event Coordinator for the BSF Beauty Pageant. Founder of the Pseudo-Chainship Project. Admin. Games Master.
Quality Control Enforcer
Gay cute girl and fucking proud of it.
Lizzie
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Lizzie »

The metal will draw attention. Sure they may be better for combat but I say go for being subtle .... of course you also have a gun at your hip. At this point I say go for the regular arm though. Up to you.
Swamp Fox
Captain
Captain

Post by Swamp Fox »

I say go for one of the metal ones.
"Okay. I'm gonna get your money for ya. But if you don't get the President of the United States on that phone, you know what's gonna happen to you?"
"What?!"
"You're gonna have to answer to the Coca Cola company."
Aralonia
Butt Admiral
Butt Admiral

Post by Aralonia »

Go with the regular arm. You never know if it might have something AWESOME hidden and if she's lying to you about it being normal.

Besides, if it is normal, hey, sneaky sneaky.
DPUO wrote:<+AirHippo> Funnily enough, folks who abide by the law and try to make something of their lives don't appreciate the rich kids of rich parents getting away with murder and skimming through life.
lightstriker
Commodore
Commodore

Post by lightstriker »

definitely one of the metal ones.You'd become... part robot. That's enough of a reason for most people right there. And, as you've evidently seen, normal arms aren't exactly.... durable... now are they? And you could just wrap a couple bandages around the bugger if you want to be stealthy.

<Anna> The metal arms look kinda like this: http://media-wallpapers.theotaku.com/ca ... 052348.jpg

...do et
Last edited by lightstriker on Fri Dec 19, 2008 9:45 am, edited 3 times in total.
BoVinE
Commodore
Commodore

Post by BoVinE »

One with a sword attached.
Forgetting internet deadlines since 2003
Master Chief
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Master Chief »

Subtle it is. Go for the normal arm. At least you have guns.

Do eeeeeeet.
[b]GONE UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE[/b]
Hege
Commander
Commander

Post by Hege »

Well you could go for the metal one for more defence or be sneaky with a normal.. But ofcourse, you could just hide the metalness with some paint or gloves and long sleeves if you can find some.

So go with metal!
[img]http://i35.tinypic.com/ddoxt0.gif[/img]
Blackhart
Captain
Captain

Post by Blackhart »

Hmmm... lets see.... a metal arm, or a normal one?
On one hand, you get a extreamly durrable but bulky/heavy metal arm...
But on the other hand you get a weak but nimble arm....
There is, however, one more choice..
You have the rare opertunity to aquire a non-human arm! :twisted:
Depending on the kinds of non-human arms the woman has, you can aquire a arm that can be light/nimble, but strong as well.
Again, this strategy depends on what kinds of non-human arms she has availiable. So if she doesn't have a arm in between the normal and the metal arm, then by all means, go for the normal arm...
Himura.Kenshin
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Himura.Kenshin »

Whaaat? Are you guys all crazy? Attach a leg! THINK OF THE POSSIBILITIES!

You would never lose a three legged race again!
T-002
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by T-002 »

You never know. Experiences tell me that attaching other people's arms might result in loss of sanity, or outright psychological takeover. Then again, you don't have a an rival who happens to be the twin of the person to whom that arm belongs. Go for the normal one.

Cookie if you get the reference. Shouldn't be hard.
[THIS SPACE FOR RENT]
osilus
Captain
Captain

Post by osilus »

Go with a human arm, metal arms are fun and all, but it could be quite akward and attention drawing at first, something I doubt you will need.
"It was really great, stealing zombie Jesus's legendary Horse Wiener." - Gamefaqs user

Ow.
I just dropped my keyboard on my head.
Ow. -Anna