Starcraft 2 Episode 1

For everything else. Video games, music, movies, sports, you name it.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Caesius
Commander
Commander

Post by Caesius »

I heard from someone who heard from somewhere (lul) that each campaign will have a branching plot, which will hopefully mean that the simultaneous timeline will have vastly different perspectives and even possibly all have different sets of outcomes. That would probably be the best motivator to buy all three if you don't mind only being able to play one race on b.net or whatever it is they're gonna do.

I don't think they're going to require that you pay for b.net; if they do then that'll attract a wave of pirates that'll make what EA's DRM brought about look like a splash in the kiddie pool. Rather, they'll probably add stupid status crap like avatars and backgrounds, similar to XBLA. However if they make in-game unlockables like new weapons only available to those who pay for them then that's just as bad and Blizzard will have finally surpassed EA in absolute slimeball greediness.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v195/corporal_esche/sigs/caesius-bsf.png[/img]
antisocialmunky
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by antisocialmunky »

Meh, EA is bad but Sony is worse as they propagate their piece of crap Securom.
Don’t worry it has airbags.
Magick
Captain
Captain

Post by Magick »

TormakSaber wrote: b.net may be going to a "monetary system for use."
Blizzard = fail

....Epic....FAIL.

One of the reasons i play starcraft(besides the fact that it's made of win) is because it has free online. If SC switches to the WoW Pay to Play, I'm gonna......Protest? Not play online?....Whatever. You get what i mean.
antisocialmunky
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Might cause South Korea to invade Santa Monica, California where they are headquartered.

Realistically, I think someone would build their own bnet servers. Pay to play on SC2 is just counter productive.
Last edited by antisocialmunky on Wed Oct 15, 2008 1:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Caesius
Commander
Commander

Post by Caesius »

Magick wrote:
TormakSaber wrote: b.net may be going to a "monetary system for use."
Blizzard = fail

....Epic....FAIL.

One of the reasons i play starcraft(besides the fact that it's made of win) is because it has free online. If SC switches to the WoW Pay to Play, I'm gonna......Protest? Not play online?....Whatever. You get what i mean.
If you want, despite all the safeguards they put in place, it's actually very easy to pirate games once you know where to find ISOs and cracks, as well as how to use them. When you're a prolific pirate it becomes like clockwork: Download torrent, read .nfo for any unusual instructions, mount image, install game, follow through with unusual instructions, install crack, play game, delete image once you've realized you no longer need it, become disinterested after a short amount of time (unless it's a game that deserved to be bought in the first place), uninstall game, pirate something else.

Of course, I'm probably part of the reason they're going to try to make legitimate customers go through all this crap, so uh... sorry. :P

Edit: No, I'm pretty sure the South Koreans will chew this right up. They're going to give SC 10x the revenue that it will make anywhere else in the world, which is why Blizzard knows they can get away with pissing off their North American and European customers and still make shit-tons of money.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v195/corporal_esche/sigs/caesius-bsf.png[/img]
antisocialmunky
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Pirate refers to someone who actually does the cracking or helps distribute the stuffs.
Lord-General Thunder
Commander
Commander

Post by Lord-General Thunder »

Caesius wrote:I don't think they're going to require that you pay for b.net; if they do then that'll attract a wave of pirates that'll make what EA's DRM brought about look like a splash in the kiddie pool. Rather, they'll probably add stupid status crap like avatars and backgrounds, similar to XBLA. However if they make in-game unlockables like new weapons only available to those who pay for them then that's just as bad and Blizzard will have finally surpassed EA in absolute slimeball greediness.
As much as I hate that possibility myself, I feel compelled to mock you. :lol:

"Oh dear, poor little pirate. He can't get the full game for free." :roll:
[img]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c348/DraTuicichNovae/BLANKcopy-6.jpg[/img]
Normandy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Normandy »

I think that the separate campaign additions will provide vital gameplay features. To those of you unfamiliar with Warcraft III's map editor, it's basically possible to create the entire Frozen Throne campaign using only the Reign of Chaos (Vanilla) map editor (albeit a bit clunkily). If SC2's map editor is all that it is touted to be, then it'd not make much economic sense to sell content-only packs with no core gameplay changes, especially in an RTS, where 'bigger' is not always better, and quantity holds no quality of its own.
[url=http://www.fallingsandgame.com/][img]http://www.gaussianstudios.co.cc/hosting/fsgbanneram3.png[/img][/url]

tl;dr-ers will be shot on sight.
[size=75][url=http://bsf.wikidot.com/]BSF Wiki[/url]
"I have measured your 'fun', and science has quantitatively rated it a three." ~Lord Tim (Data Realms Fan Forums)[/size]
Magick
Captain
Captain

Post by Magick »

Normandy wrote:I think that the separate campaign additions will provide vital gameplay features. To those of you unfamiliar with Warcraft III's map editor, it's basically possible to create the entire Frozen Throne campaign using only the Reign of Chaos (Vanilla) map editor (albeit a bit clunkily). If SC2's map editor is all that it is touted to be, then it'd not make much economic sense to sell content-only packs with no core gameplay changes, especially in an RTS, where 'bigger' is not always better, and quantity holds no quality of its own.
Err, that's actually not true. To use the ROC editor to make the WC3TFT campaign, you would need tons of mods and additions, or some skills with JASS or another map content editing language. The ROC editor doesn't have the units,tile sets, and doodads that the TFT editor does, and if my hunch is right, it also doesn't have the object editor that TFT's editor has. Plus, there is the issue of getting all of the sounds and cutscenes exactly correct, the latter of which would take a while.
Anna
The artist formerly known as SilverWingedSeraph

Post by Anna »

Lord-General Thunder wrote:
Caesius wrote:I don't think they're going to require that you pay for b.net; if they do then that'll attract a wave of pirates that'll make what EA's DRM brought about look like a splash in the kiddie pool. Rather, they'll probably add stupid status crap like avatars and backgrounds, similar to XBLA. However if they make in-game unlockables like new weapons only available to those who pay for them then that's just as bad and Blizzard will have finally surpassed EA in absolute slimeball greediness.
As much as I hate that possibility myself, I feel compelled to mock you. :lol:

"Oh dear, poor little pirate. He can't get the full game for free." :roll:
Um... where did he even once make any statement about himself being a pirate, retard? Where did he even make a statement that supported piracy? He said if they do a certain thing, it will increase the likelyhood of people pirating the game. Get a clue, LGT.
Founder and Event Coordinator for the BSF Beauty Pageant. Founder of the Pseudo-Chainship Project. Admin. Games Master.
Quality Control Enforcer
Gay cute girl and fucking proud of it.
Lord-General Thunder
Commander
Commander

That would be this here, Seraph.
Caesius wrote:If you want, despite all the safeguards they put in place, it's actually very easy to pirate games once you know where to find ISOs and cracks, as well as how to use them. When you're a prolific pirate it becomes like clockwork: Download torrent, read .nfo for any unusual instructions, mount image, install game, follow through with unusual instructions, install crack, play game, delete image once you've realized you no longer need it, become disinterested after a short amount of time (unless it's a game that deserved to be bought in the first place), uninstall game, pirate something else.

Of course, I'm probably part of the reason they're going to try to make legitimate customers go through all this crap, so uh... sorry. :P
Get a clue, indeed. :P
[img]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c348/DraTuicichNovae/BLANKcopy-6.jpg[/img]
Anna

Post by Anna »

Lord-General Thunder wrote:That would be this here, Seraph.
Caesius wrote:If you want, despite all the safeguards they put in place, it's actually very easy to pirate games once you know where to find ISOs and cracks, as well as how to use them. When you're a prolific pirate it becomes like clockwork: Download torrent, read .nfo for any unusual instructions, mount image, install game, follow through with unusual instructions, install crack, play game, delete image once you've realized you no longer need it, become disinterested after a short amount of time (unless it's a game that deserved to be bought in the first place), uninstall game, pirate something else.

Get a clue, indeed. :lol:
Well then maybe you should quote the part you're referencing next time, you dumb fuck. Because based soley on the part you quoted in your response post, you looked like you were being a dumbass asshole who was jumping to the wrong conclusion.

Caesius, no talking about the illegal distribution of other's intellectual property. Copyright violation is a crime, and it is not to be spoken of on this forum.
Founder and Event Coordinator for the BSF Beauty Pageant. Founder of the Pseudo-Chainship Project. Admin. Games Master.
Quality Control Enforcer
Lord-General Thunder
Commander
Commander

Anna wrote:Well then maybe you should quote the part you're referencing next time, you dumb fuck. Because based soley on the part you quoted in your response post, you looked like you were being a dumbass asshole who was jumping to the wrong conclusion.
Only if you hadn't read the rest of the thread already.

It isn't like its a long one, either. :|

But whatever, I digress.
Anna

Post by Anna »

Ah, yes, because as a moderator, I'm obligated to read every part of every thread I come across, even those that do not interest me, such as this. Oh, wait, I'm not. I read yours, because it stood out, I skimmed over the rest with general disinterest.

Move on.
Quality Control Enforcer
Danny420Dale
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Danny420Dale »

Anna wrote:...every thread I come across, even those that do not interest me, such as this...
Agreed. This thread is fail.