Forumite Age?

For everything else. Video games, music, movies, sports, you name it.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

jwa8402
Admiral
Admiral

Post by jwa8402 »

Yes, saying either he is 42 and hes stupid, or he isn't 42 and hes a liar, so where ever you stand must be right is Golden mean. I was totally on his side.

I wonder why it is that every time I write more than two sentences you think I'm lecturing you... I'm not thirteen; I like to make a legible debate when I comment on a topic, but evidently you still prefer Magik to me.

Just out of curiosity and a desire to get my head bitten off, why do you get so offended when I state my opinion like everyone else on this forum does, and it differs from yours? I'm fairly sure I'm being respectful about the difference...

Sorry for the off topic but this is becoming a serious issue with others besides you and I need to know so I can fix it. Can be continued in PM if needed.
Anna
The artist formerly known as SilverWingedSeraph

Post by Anna »

jwa8402 wrote:Yes, saying either he is 42 and hes stupid, or he isn't 42 and hes a liar, so where ever you stand must be right is Golden mean. I was totally on his side.
Oh, I'm sorry, you're totally on the side of the guy claiming to be 42, who made a statement like "yeah..see, ive been done with school for a long time now, don't really give a fuck if i spell it right or get it right, u can nitpick it if u want...only shows how lonely u gotta be..."? And you wonder why I have no respect for you? Are you high, jwa?
I wonder why it is that every time I write more than two sentences you think I'm lecturing you... I'm not thirteen; I like to make a legible debate when I comment on a topic, but evidently you still prefer Magik to me.
No, I don't prefer Magick to you. You beat him out by a fairly large margin, and you may have noticed, I actually haven't given you a warning for anything.
Just out of curiosity and a desire to get my head bitten off, why do you get so offended when I state my opinion like everyone else on this forum does, and it differs from yours? I'm fairly sure I'm being respectful about the difference...
I think you'll find that when I think someone is either really wrong, or fucking stupid, I generally have something to say about it. This phenomenon is not limited strictly to you. And I don't get particularly offended by it, either. You can have all the opinions in the world. When you come in with a high-and-mighty attitude and start suggesting I'm wrong, then you're gonna earn my attention, and probably not in a good way. This is pretty simple shit, no?
Sorry for the off topic but this is becoming a serious issue with others besides you and I need to know so I can fix it. Can be continued in PM if needed.
Whatever. Your Golden Mean fallacy was the whole "his grammar may suck but you guys swear and that makes your posts just as hard to read" comment. There is clearly a large difference between the two.

My statement was quite plain. If he's 42, and makes posts like that, then he is an idiot. There's no way around that. No semi-intelligent person with even a shred of self-respect would make a post like that, unless they were trolling to intentionally agitate people. On the other hand, if he's not 42, then he's also a liar and a troll.

Am I going slow enough for you to follow?

I really don't have any personal grudge against you, jwa, but when you immediately jump to everyone's defense without looking at the facts and analysing them with that wonderful organ called a brain that I'd like to assume you have, it irritates me. A lot.
Founder and Event Coordinator for the BSF Beauty Pageant. Founder of the Pseudo-Chainship Project. Admin. Games Master.
Quality Control Enforcer
Gay cute girl and fucking proud of it.
Boba Fettuccini
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Boba Fettuccini »

I think you'll find that when I think someone is either really wrong, or fucking stupid, I generally have something to say about it. This phenomenon is not limited strictly to you. And I don't get particularly offended by it, either. You can have all the opinions in the world. When you come in with a high-and-mighty attitude and start suggesting I'm wrong, then you're gonna earn my attention, and probably not in a good way.
Umm... doesn't that make it YOU being all high and mighty about the other party being wrong? You know, a hypocrite?
[center][url]www.boba-fettuccini.com[/url][/center]
Anna
The artist formerly known as SilverWingedSeraph

Post by Anna »

Boba Fettuccini wrote:
I think you'll find that when I think someone is either really wrong, or fucking stupid, I generally have something to say about it. This phenomenon is not limited strictly to you. And I don't get particularly offended by it, either. You can have all the opinions in the world. When you come in with a high-and-mighty attitude and start suggesting I'm wrong, then you're gonna earn my attention, and probably not in a good way.
Umm... doesn't that make it YOU being all high and mighty about the other party being wrong? You know, a hypocrite?
Um... no, you dumb fuck? If I do that to other people, I have no doubt they will respond either, and probably in a negative way. I just don't get fucking surprised by it and act like it's unreasonable. Way to strawman, you stupid douche.
Founder and Event Coordinator for the BSF Beauty Pageant. Founder of the Pseudo-Chainship Project. Admin. Games Master.
Quality Control Enforcer
Gay cute girl and fucking proud of it.
Normandy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Normandy »

Anna has a personality fault. He will stop at nothing until you stop being wrong and start being right. The problem is - often you are the one that is wrong. By a large margin. Don't try to drag it onto moral ground, as most people will try to do. Dragging it there will only result in pain and suffering for the non-Anna party.

As a rule of thumb: If you didn't figure this out by yourself, you probably don't have the requisite intelligence or thought processes to actually be arguing with Anna in the first place.

Thank you for your time.
[url=http://www.fallingsandgame.com/][img]http://www.gaussianstudios.co.cc/hosting/fsgbanneram3.png[/img][/url]

tl;dr-ers will be shot on sight.
[size=75][url=http://bsf.wikidot.com/]BSF Wiki[/url]
"I have measured your 'fun', and science has quantitatively rated it a three." ~Lord Tim (Data Realms Fan Forums)[/size]
jwa8402
Admiral
Admiral

Post by jwa8402 »

I wasn't surprised by it from you, I got a negative reaction from a number of players that implied genuine dislike so I was trying to figure out the best way to resolve that.

Might as well get back on topic, its been resolved by pm.