Let's Play Space Empires V! - UNDER WAY!

For everything else. Video games, music, movies, sports, you name it.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Atrum
Captain
Captain

Post by Atrum »

Sylen:
"...This means war."

"Captain Altreus was killed on that ship. I advocated peace but it seems that the Ukra-Tal are warmongers looking for an excuse to destroy any ship of ours. The GSw Atrum could have been compelled to leave with military force. I suggest an immediate declaration of war, and to have those who drafted the treaty to be molecularly disassembled.

Bit. By. Bit.
"

OOC:
Surround their territories witho urs so we can get an excuse to blow their shit up and to contain their expansion.

SYLEN ARE NO LONGAR PEACEFAG.
Empty
Captain
Captain

Post by Empty »

I SAY 150 MILLION IS A PETTY PRICE
WE SHALL KILL 150 BILLION!
TO THE DEATH RAY!
lightstriker
Commodore
Commodore

Post by lightstriker »

Keira Taltos wrote:For now, I must advise against agression.
Although unfortunate, the simple fact is that we have no knowledge of the oppositions strength. Explore till we know the very limits of their strength and size, form alliances, and build up our army.

We will become strong, and we will not forget.

GSe Lightstriker, over and out
basically, don't attack.
yet
Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

General Zenstar is obviously dismayed at the news of the ship's loss, torn between accusing the diplomatic and intelligence corps of failing, or accusing the xenos of open hostility..

"There are a number of problems with this encounter."

"One. The Intelligence Corps are obviously at fault for not only failing to identify the system as owned by these xenos, but also for failing to provide any information regarding their warships. Heavy armour, which was not present on the
Arbitrary Use of Force class in favour of an extended point defense grid, would have proved much better protection against the xeno's railguns. Adequate intelligence regarding the xeno ships could have easily warned of this threat and armour would still provide adequate protection against incoming missiles."

"Two. The xenos themselves are at fault for opening fire recklessly. They could have requested the ship turn about before opening fire, but this overzealous 'defense' so close to the establishment of our treaty - no doubt an act of bloodlust by anti-'xeno' factions within their own military and naval forces - is tantamount to a declaration of war!"

"But our forces are not yet ready to strike. For now, we must bide our time and build our navy up, and crush these enemies of our Imperium under our heel like the cowardly snakes they are!"
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
Exethalion
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Exethalion »

Archimandrite Gardranga:

The loss of the Arbitary use of Force was deeply regrettable, however it is worth noting that the treaty was in no way breached, and depite the loss of 150 brave souls of the Imperium, we should consider ourselves lucky this hasn't escalated into instantenous hostilities.

Though I agree that we should bide our time and consolidate our naval forces, I would strongly discourage ANY aggressive movement into the xenoological spacial area, especially considering our current lack of reliable intelligence. I suggest we sit and wait, and hope the Intelligence Corps make no more first-class muck ups.
Gkug
Commander
Commander

Post by Gkug »

Kill them all they started it we can finish it.
You are no God to me
You are nothing to me
This is a reckoning
Enjoy this while it lasts
It won't be long before it dies.
ChaosTheory
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by ChaosTheory »

Admiral Hokkaido, Senate Seat #12

"I believe it wise to point out that if we are aware of the possibility of war, they are even more so. They know that the chances of our retaliation will be high - and will have begun preparations immediately. While they are in the enviable position of upgrading their defenses unobtrusively, we are forced to decide what the fate of this galaxy will be. Will it be endless, indecisive war, or will we show restraint and perhaps save the lives of millions, even billions on both sides? We have not the military power for a single precision counterattack. Any form of war will be drawn out and fought with primitive weapons. That will corrupt, undermine, and destabilize our nation as well as theirs.

Our best course of action is to wait, to push our technologies, to become the superior race, then crush them if the need is still apparent. Perhaps this attack was merely the radicalism of a small, isolated group, and is not supported by the majority. Our decision will shape the galaxy for centuries. Do we retaliate, and bring war? Or do we hold back, and perhaps prove to the Ukra-Tal that we are a wise race? Let us choose the latter. Build our army but show restraint, and we may form stronger bonds between our species.

But I promise you - if the need for war arises, our men are ready and willing to defend and destroy for the sake of the people."
[img]http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn298/ChaosTheory100/Feather_Signature_Ice3.png[/img]
Normandy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Normandy »

[OOC: It's actually a gameplay flaw in SEV - warping through a warp point always results in combat with ships you may not necessarily be at war with]

Senator Normandy

"I highly doubt that a war would be beneficial in any which way or form right now. What would we accomplish? It would be better to form stronger pacts with these people - their unique technologies could benefit us in the future."
[url=http://www.fallingsandgame.com/][img]http://www.gaussianstudios.co.cc/hosting/fsgbanneram3.png[/img][/url]

tl;dr-ers will be shot on sight.
[size=75][url=http://bsf.wikidot.com/]BSF Wiki[/url]
"I have measured your 'fun', and science has quantitatively rated it a three." ~Lord Tim (Data Realms Fan Forums)[/size]
BlkRdgPharmPRSTAFF
Commander
Commander

Post by BlkRdgPharmPRSTAFF »

Senator McKellum

"This has been a sad loss, and we lost many brave men upon that vessel. To attack, however, would be insanity. The Ukra-Tal are the first none-forumite species we have encountered, we have no idea of what technologies they possess. Preliminary reports also show that their military is superior to ours. We must hold back and research further weapons technologies. While I believe that an alliance with the Ukra-Tal is in the best of both of our interests, I am beginning to believe that a war is inevitable, and should we go to war, I'd rather be prepared versus a force we know not much about."
Improving quality of life since 1955.
Anna
The artist formerly known as SilverWingedSeraph

Post by Anna »

2402.3 continued:
The sacrifice made by the crew of the GSw Atrum was not entirely in vain. Before it was destroyed, it was able to take detailed scans of the enemy ships back, and relay them back to us. Following extensive design phases and several simulations, we have developed a small, mass-producable ship design capable of fighting them, five versus five, without suffering a single loss. Upon the completition of Gyesmyd's missile defense grid, we will begin churning out several of these ships. The design has been dubbed the Excess Firepower Is The Solution Missile Frigate. All ships are ordered to fall back to Gyesmyd Swarm space until the matter is resolved.

2402.4:
It appears waiting and seeing is no longer an option that is available to us. The Ukra-Tal attacked Achird II, killing the hundreds of millions of innocent Forumites that lived there. The crew of the GSe Lightstriker, against orders to fall back to Gyesmyd, move to stand in defense of Achird I and its population of 147 million, despite the fact it is no warship. Its sensors quickly pick up three incoming frigates of unknown types, but according to predictions they are likely only minor refits of the frigates that destroyed the Atrum.
The construction of additional defense platforms and missile satellites is quickly rushed through on Rukbat II and Gyesmyd. Our last defense against this xeno scourge. The 147 million innocent civilians on Achird I are likely doomed, as construction of defense systems had not yet begun there.

2402.5:
Amazingly, Achird I still stands. The Ukra-Tal did not attack. Their three frigates sit, waiting, in orbit around the now dead and barren Achird II. This cannot cannot stand. It has become clear that these xenos are not interested in peace, only in killing indiscriminantly. Well then, let us show them who is better at it. Defense spending is increased, and the construction of the new Excess Firepower Is The Solution-class Missile Frigates is bumped up on Gyesmyd, in favour of additional satellite defense systems. Engineers on Achird I also quickly rush to begin construction of some defense satellites, in the hopes they can hold off ay Ukra-Tal attack until help arrives.

2402.6:
It seems the Ukra-Tal have decided to invade the Rukbat system directly, and ignore Achird I for the time being. The GSe Aidan was intercepted by one upon returning from its exploration mission, as ordered. Sadly, it was shot down by the brutal and indescriminantly violent Ukra-Tal. Another hundred lives lost at their hands. Still, we cannot fight back until at least one of our new combat vessels is complete. Achird launches two missile satellites, in the hopes of holding off any attacks.

2402.7:
Due to an unfortunate mistake, the shipyard on Gyesmyd built an Arbitrary Use of Force-class Destroyer, instead of an Excess Firepower is the Solution-class Missile Frigate. The people responsible for this mistake have been shot, and the construction queue has been corrected. Never the less, a ship is a ship. It is loaded with a crew and dubbed the GSw ChaosTheory, and sent to exterminate the Ukra-Tal frigate, sitting on the Warp Point to Bellatrix. It is subsequently shot down,
though it inflicted heavy amounts of damage to the enemy vessel before dying. The engineers responsible for the design of the Arbitrary Use of Force-class Destroyer are subsequently rounded up and executed too. Meanwhile, Achird I launches another two defense satellites. For now, at least, our planets are safe from any attempted attacks. Once the Excess Firepower is the Solution-class Missile Frigate's are complete, our work can really start.
Founder and Event Coordinator for the BSF Beauty Pageant. Founder of the Pseudo-Chainship Project. Admin. Games Master.
Quality Control Enforcer
Gay cute girl and fucking proud of it.
BlkRdgPharmPRSTAFF
Commander
Commander

Post by BlkRdgPharmPRSTAFF »

Senator McKellum

"In face of new evidence of the Ukra-Tal's hostile nature, I recant my previous objections against war with the Ukra-Tal. I suggest upping our production of Excess Firepower is the Solution class Missile Frigates instead of spending time on defenses. The time to attack is now."
Improving quality of life since 1955.
ChaosTheory
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by ChaosTheory »

The Admiral is honored that a ship named after was SHOT DOWN in HONORABLE COMBAT. HONORABLE COMBAT.

. . .

yeah. :D
[img]http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn298/ChaosTheory100/Feather_Signature_Ice3.png[/img]
Lord-General Thunder
Commander
Commander

Post by Lord-General Thunder »

Though he had been silent for some time now, Senator Thunder cleared his throat noisily. When he was certain he had the attention of the other senators, he began to speak; "I was initially opposed to war with the Ukra-Tal, but the recent events in the Achird system have cured me of that position. In short; Nuke the motherfuckers. Nuke them all to hell. That is all."

With that, he crossed his arms and sat down again in silence.
Last edited by Lord-General Thunder on Sat Sep 13, 2008 6:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
[img]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c348/DraTuicichNovae/BLANKcopy-6.jpg[/img]
Anna
The artist formerly known as SilverWingedSeraph

Post by Anna »

ChaosTheory wrote:The Admiral is honored that a ship named after was SHOT DOWN in HONORABLE COMBAT. HONORABLE COMBAT.

. . .

yeah. :D
To be fair, it was a faulty design. My bad. ¬_¬
Founder and Event Coordinator for the BSF Beauty Pageant. Founder of the Pseudo-Chainship Project. Admin. Games Master.
Quality Control Enforcer
Gay cute girl and fucking proud of it.
RavingManiac
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by RavingManiac »

Senator Ravus:

'Sadly, these aliens were far more hostile than we expected. This miscalculation has already cost us hundreds of millions of lives, with even more on the way. Recommend that we continue to produce warships and try to negotiate a peace with our current aggressors. If they agree to this, we can pick and choose our targets, and strike at them where they are most vulnerable. We cannot afford a long drawn-out war that will surely cripple us even if we win.'