Let's Play Space Empires V! - UNDER WAY!

For everything else. Video games, music, movies, sports, you name it.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

FIREST0RM000
Captain
Captain

Post by FIREST0RM000 »

*General 'Firestorm' rose to his feet.*
"I believe the threat of these Xenos is significant, and being a general, I know the problems of war first hand. I also know that fighting a war with a weak economy is a pointless endeavor. our strength comes from our footing, and right now, we're slipping. In short, stressing our economy beyond what is necessary is suicide. we should refrain from any attacks before we are ready. when the time comes, we should invade system by system, being sure not to let the Xenos through our perimeter. Invade each planet, and use them to fuel our economy, and the next wave of attacks. that is clearly the best way my fellow Forumites, but the choice is up to you."
*The general sat down, and slowly surveyed the rest of the senate. When it became apparent that no one had an immediate response, he relaxed and pulled out a drink.*
"any problem can be solved with a gratuitous enough use of high explosives" Normandy
Lord Aries Greymon
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Lord Aries Greymon »

"Ahem"
Senator Aries Torvelkt stood and addressed the council.
"Perhaps we could benefit from a slightly radical plan? De-commissioning some of our research facilities on Gyesmyd and replacing them with further resource facilities may help to prevent this kind of, problem, later on."

"Obviously, we still have need of the research facilities, so we would hopefully do this in stages, preferably building replacement facilities on our colonies, though we should be able to go without a few of them for a short time. It would, at least, increase our availabe resources, without the need for more colonies that we cannot yet defend"

"We could allso wait to implement such a plan, untill after we are stable, or even after the war entirely."

Senator Aries returns to his seat, and awaits further comment, or a final decision.

[[OOC: Here's hoping I don't get Banned, and that this thread gets moving again.]]
Mildly sane.
ArcaneDude
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by ArcaneDude »

Can't warn you for this, it's technically not a necro, but yeah, just let it die. Anna probably has other things on his mind right now.
Check out The Star Wreck project!
Check out the Epic Music Library
And in this Alliance we bestow our hope and will, that the Dogs of War may never harass the people of our homes again, and that it will bring peace, equality and liberty for all in need and despair. One Universe, One Goal. By the Manifest we command this.~ Saren Vil Ush